Quote Originally Posted by Kacheng View Post
    Sooowwww.... As a former windwalker monk: how competitive is Havoc going to be in Raids?...
    In full 810 gear with maxed out 750 weapon, the 7 DPS specs I tried all pull between 100k and 110k DPS {Without using their 3 minute major CD. No Avenging Wrath, No Metamorphisis, etc}. That seems to be the standard for that level of gear. Some classes may pull away from that and some classes may not have proper gear to scale their stats, but I digress. From someone just trying to decide what class to play: They all seem viable.

The best DPS in your raid, assuming skill is equal, WILL be the person with the most worked-on weapon. Spriest is a bit of a conundrum, though. They might end up blowing everyone out of the water thanks to their suicidal talent. TWO minutes of apeshit worries me...

Havoc seems perfectly fine with three spec options that *should* be good in various situations. Diverse rotations that excel in different areas is always good for a well balanced class. Need high mobility? AoE? High damage on one target and strong AoE otherwise? Flat out aoe? etc. They bring a lot to the table.

Bloodsail Admiral Unkhrahuun the Atoned's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SamuelGrazza View Post
    Is there an option to wear the new chest pieces like they should be worn instead of looking like you're into BDSM 24/7?
    I reckon transmogrifying into something pre Legion will likely give you what you're looking for. That or wearing a shirt under the BDSM gear, heh.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tiase View Post
    Only class I really play is Rogue and someone above said a mix of rogue and warrior and you say enchancement shammy.
    So sounds like it's at least going to be a different playstyle than what I'm used to. I just so so so wish and hope I'll like playing DH's.
    I'm in the same boat honestly. I seriously hope I haven't hyped myself for something that I think looks cool but feels terrible.

Won't know even a little bit via personal experience until they release them for those who pre-ordered :/ As I was saying above, I was basing my answer off of the similarities in how they generate resources, not personal experience.
    The Dead City... it... calls to me...

Quote Originally Posted by SamuelGrazza View Post
    Is there an option to wear the new chest pieces like they should be worn instead of looking like you're into BDSM 24/7?
    Well if it is the DH starter gear no, but regular chest pieces look like regular chest pieces on DH.

Hey guys, so is there a set stat priority to go for yet? from what i have seen it seems like Crit>Mastery>Haste>Vers but i was wondering if someone could confirm/deny that.

Hey guys, so is there a set stat priority to go for yet? from what i have seen it seems like Crit>Mastery>Haste>Vers but i was wondering if someone could confirm/deny that.
    Last I checked, versa was better than haste for Havoc, and possibly rivaling Mastery. Otherwise, that's the rough order. Crit is guaranteed to be our top stat simply because of the Chaos Strike mechanics.

However, we won't have a rigorous stat priority order, and especially actual stat weights, until much more iteration work has been done on the Havoc SimC APLs and profiles.
    Even Angels must kill from time to time...

Last I heard haste was bottom of the barrel stat prio wise
    I believe it was crit>vers>mastery>haste

Am I the only one that thinks we need some sort of anti slow mechanic? Like f.e., Fel Rush removes all root/snare effects placed into you.

Quote Originally Posted by Shirofune View Post
    Am I the only one that thinks we need some sort of anti slow mechanic? Like f.e., Fel Rush removes all root/snare effects placed into you.
    VR maybe, but not fel rush. fel rush is up too often.

Quote Originally Posted by the boar View Post
    VR maybe, but not fel rush. fel rush is up too often.
    We're DHs, we should be mobile always, that's my point. We get shutdown with stuns, but we shouldn't get our mobility impaired so easily.

Deleted
    Ye, it's a bit annoying to wait for roots to end on the few mobs that cast them, while leveling.

Deleted
    maybe a short cd that removes them? making FR remove roots/snares has worrying balance implications for PvP, and would cause endless QQ, i'm sure there's a more elegant solution though, for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by dark666105 View Post
    Well if it is the DH starter gear no, but regular chest pieces look like regular chest pieces on DH.
    That's not true. Legion Leather Chest Pieces look differently on a DH than on other classes.

Quote Originally Posted by Phinx View Post
    That's not true. Legion Leather Chest Pieces look differently on a DH than on other classes.
    As do some other pre legion chest pieces. Some look different on DHs vice my Monk. While some on my DH on beta let our Tattoos show through. It seems hit or miss right now. I do not have an expansive leather collection on my account.
    Quote Originally Posted by Leblue View Post
    Also, everything Misume said.
    Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    If you don't want to reposition rotationally, don't main a Havoc Demon Hunter.

Playing DH in beta for about 1.5 months, really enjoy playing as demon hunter. Here are some questions I would like to ask:

1) I think the best ST legendary should be the ring (Demon's bite gain extra 1-20 fury), but what will be the DPS difference if we can't get it?

2) I found that casting “death sweep” when meta (by demonic) at 0 sec as buff shown, the duration of meta will return to 2 sec (maybe a bug, but at this moment it really gives extra 2 sec and I can spend 2 GCD as meta form) So can it be a good reason for choosing first blood?

3) If I choose momentum, will artifact trait “Demon speed” and talent “Demon Reborn” be compulsory? (to increase momentum buff coverage)

4) Knowing lesser soul fragment can reduce eyebeam currently, should “Demonic Appetite” be more suitable with “Demonic”? If it does, can “Fel Eruption” + “Demonic Appetite” make a competitive damage as momentum? (consider single target fight)

5) For the demon hunter order hall set, the 6 set bonus is agi increased by 1,000. Will you choose to equip 6 of them for 1000 agi (consider using resource to upgrade them to 840), or you prefer to equip mythic/ heroic/ world quest gear with crit.
    P.S. The 8 set bouns is not that good in my opinion, as it gives haste and maybe conflict with legendary gear. So only consider 6 set bonus

I used momentum-demonic build for normal Emerald Nightmare (all 7 bosses) and the build performs quite well in these fight. Really enjoy playing momentum-demonic build.

Deleted
    4) Knowing lesser soul fragment can reduce eyebeam currently, should “Demonic Appetite” be more suitable with “Demonic”? If it does, can “Fel Eruption” + “Demonic Appetite” make a competitive damage as momentum? (consider single target fight)
    I personally find that setup but with Momentum to be very competitive in dungeons due to the high aoe nature of them.

So, I have been enjoying my DH on the beta so far, just got him to 110 and have started gearing him up with world quests and Suramar so far but I had a few questions.

About what ilvl should I be looking at before starting heroics and then mythics?

And more importantly, if I do NOT enjoy the momentum game play, specifically having to heavily use my movement abilities to be able to DPS as opposed to having them available to, well, move, what is the next best spec to go for? How does it compare against a momentum build right now? Is it severely behind in DPS?

Thank you very much for your help!

Quote Originally Posted by kaelhin View Post

2) I found that casting “death sweep” when meta (by demonic) at 0 sec as buff shown, the duration of meta will return to 2 sec (maybe a bug, but at this moment it really gives extra 2 sec and I can spend 2 GCD as meta form) So can it be a good reason for choosing first blood?
    Wow that actually is a thing, god demonic has a lot of weird interactions that I am not sure are suppose to happen. So normally if I cancel eyebeam I can get 6 abilities off in Demonic but if I cast death sweep as my sixth ability it actually bumps it up to almost 3 seconds and can get 2 more abilities off before it ends bringing it up to 8 abilities total in 1 Demonic. The deathsweep has to be when the duration of the Meta buff is under 1 second left for this to work.

Bloodsail Admiral Unkhrahuun the Atoned's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    That extra 2 seconds is probably intended so that it doesn't do that thing where it would change to Blade Dance mid cast that i heard people talking about ages ago.
    The Dead City... it... calls to me...

Quote Originally Posted by Unanilnomen View Post
    That extra 2 seconds is probably intended so that it doesn't do that thing where it would change to Blade Dance mid cast that i heard people talking about ages ago.
    That seems like the most plausible option, as really you shouldnt be penalised for an instant ability that happens to have a three part animation sequence.

Quote Originally Posted by Zzpxpzz View Post
    So, I have been enjoying my DH on the beta so far, just got him to 110 and have started gearing him up with world quests and Suramar so far but I had a few questions.

About what ilvl should I be looking at before starting heroics and then mythics?

And more importantly, if I do NOT enjoy the momentum game play, specifically having to heavily use my movement abilities to be able to DPS as opposed to having them available to, well, move, what is the next best spec to go for? How does it compare against a momentum build right now? Is it severely behind in DPS?

Thank you very much for your help!
    The best is probably the Nemesis, Reborn and Chaos Blades.