Thread: UEFA Euro 2016

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by coprax View Post
    I think griezmann will be awarded with this title
    Most likely yeah

The match was won for Portugal by the referee for being colour blind. Very disappointing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    Ugly tournament with bad football, and the ugliest team won. Shades of 2004. Portugal may have won, but it's a win no one will take seriously, just like 2004.
    Truer words have never been spoken.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arganos9211 View Post
    The match was won for Portugal by the referee for being colour blind. Very disappointing.
    Here, have some tissues, I'm overwhelmed by all these tears. Meanwhile, tell me more about how blind the referee was during the first half.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arganos9211 View Post
    The ref had a very good game other than the one hadball incident he clearly got wrong.

People acting like we lost having scored five goals and had them all incorrectly ruled offside.
    We were shit.
    So shit.

Pogba hundred million hairdresser manequin.
    Evra need I say more?
    Giroud donkey lamp post but still better than fucking Big mac Gignac.

Sissoko was our best player for fucks fucking sake.

Outrageously poor on the night and they didn't even have their fucking talisman. The best team won.

Surprise win by Portugal. Usually I detest them, but can't say they didn't deserve it based on this final. France was dire and in the end I wasn't too unhappy Portugal beat them.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Firebane View Post
    The ref had a very good game other than the one hadball incident he clearly got wrong.

People acting like we lost having scored five goals and had them all incorrectly ruled offside.
    We were shit.
    So shit.
    Shut up, we won against the world cup winners, no other team can say that about themselves. Certainly not Portugal, who would have been wrecked by the Germans.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by John Rambo View Post
    TBE

Did Pepe do an ISIS on Luis Figo?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    The only match they won was against Wales, and Ronaldo was playing. The best team didn't win, but as they say sometimes it's better to be lucky than good.

I am actually glad for Ronaldo though, if less so for the rest of Portugal, great players deserve to win stuff like this.
    I disagree, I think they were definitely the better team against Wales and they took their chances. Maybe they didn't play well overall, but they got the results and that's all that matters.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lei Shi View Post
    Shut up, we won against the world cup winners, no other team can say that about themselves. Certainly not Portugal, who would have been wrecked by the Germans.
    We were fucking dire mate and you know it.

Had Germany had a striker worht a piss in a bucket it would have been the usual shit with them too.

10+ Year Old Account
    We would've been wrecked by the Germans the same way we got wrecked by the French. Everyone, specially French, were spreading the word that France would win because they won against Germany. Well, what about that now. France was so sure about their win state that they had to replace their players with trucks to demolish everyone in their path.

I won't go as far as to say that we would've won against Germany, but I'm pretty sure it would've been a better game because they wouldn't need to play so dirty to win. France wasn't a good opponent.

Deleted
    And Portugal won against the team that won against the world cup winners. Your point is?

Next time, you should win the game against the team on the final.

10+ Year Old Account
    You lost to Portugal though so that win against Germany is irrelevant no?
    If only saying stuff like "oh we win against x and y" won trophies. But it doesnt, not by itself. By your logic Portugal got through Poland, Croatia and Wales which themselves had good results against Spain, England and Germany which were favourites. So that means were better than them right ? No.
    Every game is a game and we had the luck on the knockout stages we didn't in the group phase. Portugal played smarter in every game and with a bit of luck and willpower we made it. If this were club football we'd all be praising them like we did Leicester.

Deleted
    At least we win our games during regular time, while you can only draw and get wins through lucky potshots during extra time and penalties.
    6 draws and 1 win against a severely weakened Wales is no accomplishment at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Frozenpt View Post
    We would've been wrecked by the Germans the same way we got wrecked by the French. Everyone, specially French, were spreading the word that France would win because they won against Germany. Well, what about that now. France was so sure about their win state that they had to replace their players with trucks to demolish everyone in their path.

I won't go as far as to say that we would've won against Germany, but I'm pretty sure it would've been a better game because they wouldn't need to play so dirty to win. France wasn't a good opponent.
    Uhm, I think Portugal deserved their win, but why do you keep mentioning France playing dirty? I don't remember any noteworthy dirty plays by France. Or is it Ronaldo's injury you're hinting at? It was a tough challenge by Payet, but nothing to be upset about imo.

Has anyone noticed that we were champions after playing WAYYYYYYY more minutes than any other team? Always drawing is not all candies and roses.

Deleted
    At least we win our games during regular time, while you can only draw and get wins through extra time and penalties.
    6 draws and 1 win against a severely weakened Wales is no accomplishment at all.
    Again, next time don't complain about the rules of the game and win. You would be celebrating if you won in the extra times or the penalties.

Deleted
    At least we win our games during regular time, while you can only draw and get wins through lucky potshots during extra time and penalties.
    And we couldn't even beat them. What does that say about us?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TJ View Post
    I disagree, I think they were definitely the better team against Wales and they took their chances. Maybe they didn't play well overall, but they got the results and that's all that matters.
    I was talking about tonight's match. Wales V Portugal was a matter of which shit smelt sweetest for 87 minutes, Portugal were clearly better for the remaining 3.

Herald of the Titans Dristereau's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Been a disappointing Final, France played poorly apart from Sissoko who was great. Despite being English I felt for Ronaldo, and I'm kind of happy for him, despite him acting like a twat most of the time. Final goal was fantastic, can't take that away from Portugal. Congrats to them.

I think it's been a disappointing tournament overall, Teams playing to stay in the Tournament rather to win it. Teams playing with 11 Defending has been boring to watch and the main highlights for me have been Teams like Wales and Iceland. England unsurprisingly crap, seemed to forget how to play against Iceland and should be embarrassed of their performance. Don't agree with the idea of third place teams can go through, but not my decision I guess. Hoping the World Cup is better than this.
    Dristereau - Axxolentus - Infernus - Sequentia - Nulo - Desterrar

Silvermoon
    - Shadowsong/Aszune - Tarren-Mill/Dentarg (SL Mage Tower: 29/36
    )