Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by grexly75 View Post
    And the main problem for this is that everything is centered around your classes artifact weapon since a lot of the cool abilities derive from your artifact weapon of choice..
    Artifacts still don't make up for a lot of things. Some abilities don't work like they should until you get the appropriate legendary too.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

It'll be much better. The loot RNG is an issue that may or may not affect the longevity of the content negatively but other than that it's looking really solid. I'm really enjoying most of the tank classes especially, they feel a lot more fun.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xeroz View Post
    Tbh no one can tell if its going to be a WoD or not. NOT even us beta testers... All we can do is wait and see how it goes. But tbh im pretty sure they wont do the same mistake :S
    What he said. Surely Blizzard won't screw the pooch twice, right? ......right?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kouki View Post
    You say no content then list some content to do lol.
    compared to wod, you will wish for a end game experience like in the past. Unless the change in the few days.

10+ Year Old Account
    They've cut a lot less content this time around that's for sure, so I can only hope it will be better. I actually like all of the zones which is a WoW first for me.

Hey! I have an idea... I know this is crazy, but maybe try not to be so picky and try to compare too hard with everything else, and maybe try not to care, and have fun!! I know it sounds silly, but it might work!

Seriously, all these superstitions about everything just bring the happiness down for the whole game. Imagine if you were just hyped and didn't bother if you gonna like it, or if you gonna like it less than something else.

It's a game we all like. If we didn't, we really could play something else!

10+ Year Old Account
    I have NO idea as to why Blizzard always thinks there has to be MAJOR class re-tuning for each expansion. Like if they got it wrong every time and have to do things from scratch. I'd say it was wasted development time but knowing how segmented their developers are I'd bet that they have a team that only does class-design and they need to be kept busy somehow. Maybe design one or two new classes instead.

That said. Content wise it's shaping up pretty darn nicely. Agreed that class design have a chance of ruining things, though. Like how I felt playing a "target switch and lose all DPS" combat rogue in Cataclysm, it makes people quit.

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LexiSwe View Post
    According to the beta testers they pretty much did a WoD meaning that they didnt listen to the community feedback on the beta forums, the tuning for the classes is waaaay of the charts and basically destroyed them. Meaning that you play WoW to have fun with your class and spec as the main posture and if it dosen't feel right, it can make the game feel worse. So there lies my question in the topic.

While I realize Legion will have more content than WoD did, why does Blizzard keep reinventing the wheel?
    As an Alpha and Beta tester, this had been the best expansion since Wrath. There is so much to do and Blizz actually did listen to a lot of the complaints many users were having and did some great changes. Every spec feels like it's own, artifacts rock, dungeons are great again, raiding is a blast, world quest.... and the list goes on.

What you hear is a lot of complaints about certain aspects that a minority feel about. They just happen to be a vocal minority. Camera distance is a major change that needed to be done for competitive and professional PVP as well as Professional PVE progression.

Probably a ton of little things, but really you need to make your own opinion and try the game our for yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Onetroll View Post
    What he said. Surely Blizzard won't screw the pooch twice, right? ......right?
    this would be the 4th time, not including the shitty class balancing they've done over the years.
    you got the the later half of wrath, cata, and WoD.
    we are his...
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bzPuK1vib_c

Quote Originally Posted by Barael View Post
    This is like creationists trying to smear evolution by calling it a religion.

Did class balance in vanilla or BC better ? I think not

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Flutterguy View Post
    They've cut a lot less content this time around that's for sure, so I can only hope it will be better. I actually like all of the zones which is a WoW first for me.
    And what exactly is the content they've cut? If you're going to say the one zone (can't remember the name) that had a handwritten name on it and never a word mentioned about it....that's not cut content. Try again.

Deleted
    I just know one thing.

When I heard about WoD I was like "what? That doesn't sound good. Somehow I don't care about WoW. I don't feel like playing LEGION"

When I heard about LEGION I was like "nice changes. Looks like they are doing something that may turn out good. I want to test it out and play the game"

(Keep in mind it's only a perspective of a person who hasn't played either WoD nor LEGION)

Deleted
    Blizzard DOES listen to feedback. The beta pretty much confirmed that. The official forums is riddled with negative and invalid opinions.

The MAJOR concern for me is that class balance is going to be so bad that it'll make raid progress painful.
    - Artifact Grind that will take at least a month and it's going to keep being grindy throughout the entire expansion.
    - Legendary items all over the place that are bound to be completely broken in combination with each other, trinkets, set bonuses and/or encounters. There's already many, many examples of this...
    - Offspecs and Alts being completely neglected because of the intense focus on your main spec. Also you're completely fucked if the spec you build AP on gets nerfed or the "best" spec changes from one tier to the next (or god forbid fight by fight).

Yes the gain of Artifact Power increases over time but even once you get all the traits you're gonna progress with the added damage and health stacks, you can also equip two legendary items after ~50 days if you keep up with your Order Hall research...

The entire first tier is going to be bonkers with class balance, I can almost guarantee (90%) that there's going to be a uproar around 3-4 weeks into Mythic. Not just from the mediocre mythic raiders but also the top 50 guilds. It's seriously worrying that they're putting so much character power behind time walls, instead they should've put cosmetics like mounts, pets, titles, tabards, weapon glows, wings(!) and so on behind the grind walls...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by IBZ View Post
    Did class balance in vanilla or BC better ? I think not
    Well in Vanilla, TBC, WotLK, Cataclysm, MoP and Warlords you could respec without any cost (except gold). Now you have to put week after week of "leveling" (paragon leveling basically, because fuck Jay Wilson and his shit D3 game model...) to get your full spec. If you then have to play Arcane for a fight because X/Y/Z instead of your main spec Fire you're basically weeks behind of progress and going to drop tons and tons of damage, Artifact Power grind is 100% going to kill offspecs for a long, long time in Legion.
    9thorder.com | Recruiting exceptional players!

for me most of legion success will be determined by:

-Demon hunters; will they be a success like DK or an half failure like monk?
    -the story will it progress the main old storyline that was abandoned at the end of LK or we will get another side story full of ressed characters we though were dead?
    -the artifact and legendaries how much grind them require?
    -lfr will be wod style or at last back to mop days?
    -when fly will be unlocked
    -class hall how much time you need to dedicate it
    -how much legion will be alt friendly
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Obviously this issue doesn't affect me however unlike some raiders I don't see the point in taking satisfaction in this injustice, it's wrong, just because it doesn't hurt me doesn't stop it being wrong, the player base should stand together when Blizzard do stupid shit like this not laugh at the ones being victimised.

Quote Originally Posted by Raamul View Post
    You still don't get the point, do you? point is not whether the damage output was optimal or not. Point is customization. with 70 talent points, I could build around 7-8 pure/hybrid builds. You can also micro manage.

Even spells had ranks.

I used to start my rotation with Rank 1 frost bolt it takes less time to cast and less mana. It's used to slow the target. then I used the beat the hell out of the mob with fire spells and then repeat the process. As a mage, I just want to slow the target first and then burst down the target in fire. It was possible back then, not now.

I VERY MUCH felt like a mage bach then. Now more or less every class has everything. every class has a self heal, mobility, stun etc.
    But your 7-8 builds would mostly be trash, that's what you're not fucking understanding. There were like 2-3 optimal builds for every spec and anything else was worthless because it was objectively worse than the optimal builds. Choosing to intentionally make your character shitty is not actual choice. Spells having ranks has nothing to do with talents so I'm not sure what that has to do with anything.
    Beta Club Brosquad

Deleted
    WoD is like a SWTOR expansion,

So yes it will be better as a launch product.. Now on Post Content? Heck, nothing can be worse than WoD can it?

Deleted
    Legion certainly looks really promising, time will tell.

Deleted
    PVP balance has still not happened to this day and Legion is releasing in about one month a half. No hope regarding this at least...