Thread: UEFA Euro 2016

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Acidz View Post
    Uhm, I think Portugal deserved their win, but why do you keep mentioning France playing dirty? I don't remember any noteworthy dirty plays by France. Or is it Ronaldo's injury you're hinting at? It was a tough challenge by Payet, but nothing to be upset about imo.
    Not talking about Ronaldo's situation, that was miles away from dirty, it was too dangerous to be simply dirty. You saw the game, right? You saw how many times Portugal got knocked down by France, right? Also, I'm excluding everything after our goal because France went into an all-in mode and they sure had to take some risks trying to get the ball, but they some of them had this exact mindset during the first 2 halves of the game.
    Last edited by Frozenpt; 2016-07-10 at 10:52 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Luminoth4 View Post
    Don't agree with the idea of third place teams can go through, but not my decision I guess. Hoping the World Cup is better than this.
    Seeing as the next world cup will have 40 teams, it won't even be enough to finish 2nd place to ensure progression, only the best 6 of the 2nd placed teams will progress.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lei Shi View Post
    At least we win our games during regular time, while you can only draw and get wins through lucky potshots during extra time and penalties.
    6 draws and 1 win against a severely weakened Wales is no accomplishment at all.
    Regular time? So, according to your thought process, Portugal was better because they managed their energy more efficiently and achieved a goal when France was completely tired? Also, what "luck" did we have? Did you even watch Portugal games at all? We could've had the most goals of all teams had we not be so unlucky, do you see how lucky France was with their best shot? Yeah, that's how lucky we were during most of this European Championship, thus, the draws.

Seeing as the next world cup will have 40 teams, it won't even be enough to finish 2nd place to ensure progression, only the best 6 of the 2nd placed teams will progress.
    Yeah thats not happening

Quote Originally Posted by Blizzard Illuminati View Post
    Portugal's weakness: Having to play in service of Ronaldo instead of playing for themselves.
    I've said this for years, but people keep telling me how great Ronaldo is. And I keep saying "Yeah, and he makes his teammates feel like shit around him, too... that's 1 great player and 10 very unmotivated dudes on the pitch" and I get laughed at... Balon D'or, they say... Pssh...
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozenpt View Post
    Not talking about Ronaldo's situation, that was miles away from dirty, it was too dangerous to be simply dirty. You saw the game, right? You saw how many times Portugal got knocked down by France, right? Also, I'm excluding everything after our goal because France went into an all-in mode and they sure had to take some risks trying to get the ball, but they some of them had this exact mindset during the first 2 halves of the game.
    I saw a number of times Portugal players went down with no contact, and times grossly exaggerating the impact; the one that sticks to mind is the high boot which while nowhere near the players face, he went down like he'd been shot clutching it. You were not in any way innocent of gamesmanship.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where's Durrty though? Can't be bothered to dig up his posts about Portugal, i'd pay top ££ to see the look on his face.

Quote Originally Posted by Frozenpt View Post
    I saw the game. France was more aggresive, I agree, but I didn't think they crossed the line at all. And I am saying this as someone with no ties to either countries whatsoever. Just be happy you won it man

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    I saw a number of times Portugal players went down with no contact, and times grossly exaggerating the impact; the one that sticks to mind is the high boot which while nowhere near the players face, he went down like he'd been shot clutching it. You were not in any way innocent of gamesmanship.
    Indeed, that sure happened, for both sides and in every single game of Football. That's one of the reasons I dislike this sport, that will always happen until players change their attitude regarding this sport. I'm not talking about those as you can imagine.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Acidz View Post
    I saw the game. France was more aggresive, I agree, but I didn't think they crossed the line at all. And I am saying this as someone with no ties to either countries whatsoever. Just be happy you won it man
    I'm happy we won, not half as happy as most of my people because I only care about our nation and not football in general, but I'm happy nonetheless. I just didn't like what I saw from France, usually I'm the first amidst those I know to defend our opponents and bring some light about how we weren't "as good" either, but I TRULY can't do that now. We won and I don't feel happy about what our players had to go through during the game nor about how France played.

It is all a matter of opinion but if the positions were reversed (playstyle wise), I wouldn't feel good for Portugal even being a winner. France was more aggressive but in a way that I couldn't digest well.

Quote Originally Posted by Firebane View Post
    Bitter.

Outplayed from start to finish.
    No striker. A useless manager. A poor brand of football. Players who don't understand handball. Defenders who enjoy being on the sidelines.
    I get it. It hurts.

Enjoy the trip home?
    Enjoying the final's result? Guess karma is a b****, huh?

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Grats Portugal! One of the most boring finals ever and I honestly think that France deserved it a bit more (not much more), but Portugal took the win.

The absence of Ronaldo was very visible though, Nani giving assists where normally Ronaldo would be there. It was like that until Éder came in that things changed, Quaresma didn't do that much. He's an offensive mid-fielder, one that gives assists, not a striker.

But still, without Ronaldo, they wouldn't have come that far in my opinion. Sad that he couldn't play the final, but it's all good now.
    Much love to Indicate for creating. Eis' work

Champions for 4 years now and many, many young talents incoming! U19 EUROPEAN Championship starts today!

- - - Updated - - -

France didn't put Portugal colors in the Eiffel Tower. Bad losers! Hahah!

Also, 2017 Confederations Cup spot confirmed!

Deleted
    Shut up, we won against the world cup winners, no other team can say that about themselves. Certainly not Portugal, who would have been wrecked by the Germans.
    Only reason France beat Germany is because Germany had no Hummels and was very tired after playing Italy, and they probably also lost a lot of focus after that game since they never had eliminated Italy before in a competition, after achieving that they felt "safe". If France played Germany on quarters they would have been spanked right away.
    Also, I wouldnt brag about beating Germany the way you did since Germany actually played better.

I'm happy for Portugal... even if they had a really easy way to the top after all. But the foul on CR7 made them deserve the win.
    Last edited by mmoca542e793be; 2016-07-10 at 11:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by rinelki View Post
    Only reason France beat Germany...
    France didn't beat Germany. Germany beat Germany.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by GiefEpixe View Post
    Enjoying the final's result? Guess karma is a b****, huh?
    If you check my posts you'll see I'm objective and not a biased dimwit.

Karma? Get real, you lost. We lost tonight, nothing to do with karma, all to do with our team.

What a bunch of sour losers on this thread hahaha.

Absolutely ecstatic for the win, and with an Éder goal no less!

PORTUGAL CARALHO!

\o/

Pepe was a beast the entire tournament. He was robbed of a couple of MVPs given to Renato Sanches, and Rui Patricio took it today with an amazing game. Griezmann will probably take player of the tournament, but Pepe thoroughly deserved it!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rinelki View Post
    Only reason France beat Germany is because Germany had no Hummels and was very tired after playing Italy, and they probably also lost a lot of focus after that game since they never had eliminated Italy before in a competition, after achieving that they felt "safe". If France played Germany on quarters they would have been spanked right away.
    Also, I wouldnt brag about beating Germany the way you did since Germany actually played better.

I'm happy for Portugal... even if they had a really easy way to the top after all. But the foul on CR7 made them deserve the win.
    Actually the main reason is that we have a striker who can score goals when Germany had a complete donkey up front.

Germans hold a grudge huh? Sore losers? Naaah.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by hulkgor View Post
    What a bunch of sour losers on this thread hahaha.

Absolutely ecstatic for the win, and with an Éder goal no less!

PORTUGAL CARALHO!

\o/

Pepe was a beast the entire tournament. He was robbed of a couple of MVPs given to Renato Sanches, and Rui Patricio took it today with an amazing game. Griezmann will probably take player of the tournament, but Pepe thoroughly deserved it!
    Atleast u dont seem Biased atall.

Did we seem the same tournament?

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    This is what Man Utd have done under LVG for the past two seasons. Look where that got us. Leicester won the league averaging I think less than 50% possession. It's a completely pointless stat, these days there are a lot of teams that play really well without the ball, see Atléti as well.
    Let's talk about how pointless possession is once Pep has turned your town rival into a ball hogging juggernaut. You'll be amazed how hard it'll be to beat them. LVG is only the poor man's version when it comes to that strategy.

Of course, there are some teams that play well without the ball and some get lucky from time to time. Consistently, the team focusing on dominating possession and thereby dictating the course of a game will come out on top, though.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Firebane View Post
    If you check my posts you'll see I'm objective and not a biased dimwit.

Karma? Get real, you lost. We lost tonight, nothing to do with karma, all to do with our team.
    You were gloating and now I am. Simple as that, so enjoy!

Deleted
    I don't think you know what gloating means.
    I never gloat and do my best to see through the bullshit.
    Be a dick if you want I guess.

Ironic to see that cunt essentially do a John Terry though.