Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    People torturing children for the sake of something they can't prove ( religion).... These people are useless wastes of skin.

As someone said, why a business owner (a bakery or a sex toy factory, whatever), especially in that conservative hospot known as Boston, would go out of their way to state ''we beat little children'' and ''we things blacks should be slaves'' ?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    It's pointless to discipline a child under a certain age, I think it's 3? They won't learn anything, they're incapable.
    It is pointless to discipline a child at any age, since it only teaches them to bow before authority.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

Some people misuse religion to justify shitty behavior. In other news, the sky is blue, rain is wet, and the Mets will disappoint me yet again this season.

"If they're playing with toys, that's bad because idle hands are the devil's tools!!!"
    Yeah, yeah, I got one for you: "All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy".

Quote Originally Posted by PrimaryColor View Post
    If they haven't broken the law it just comes down to free speech.
    Child endangerment would be breaking the law though. Not sure about the US, but using an instrument isn't allowed for discipline in Canada.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    Discipline doesn't mean physically striking the child. Timeouts, loss of privileges, and other things are all forms of discipline.
    Well, I assumed we were talking about solely physical discipline. I think though that any kind of discipline is a principally wrong way to approach it. It is an easy way out, the Dark Side of raising a child. What would work better, I think, is rewarding the kid with privileges for behaving, not punishing him/her for misbehaving: privileges should not be granted by default, they should be earned.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

Quote Originally Posted by jellmoo View Post
    Child endangerment would be breaking the law though. Not sure about the US, but using an instrument isn't allowed for discipline in Canada.
    It very much depends on what you do and which state you do it in. As a rule, courts are hesitant to step in and tell a parent how to discipline their child.

why would the people running that page ever start to think that's a good idea? glad they put it out there though I suppose.

Social Media: Where the unremarkable convince themselves that they are anything but.

Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    "But we do believe that slavery is necessary."

*facepalm*
    "We're not racist...it's god that hates the blacks...not us. We think they make the very best slaves"

Now, I'm of the opinion that occasionally spanking child ≠ child abuse....but 5-30 times a day? That's way over the line.

What is it with bakeries and politics?

- - - Updated - - -

Definitely younger than that. 3 is around the time conscious memory begins, but that doesn't mean discipline before then isn't effective.
    You'd assume classical conditioning would still work before conscious memory is formed, although who knows its effects at that stage of life.

Zealotry and irrationality. It exists in all superstitions.

Ok let me get this off my chest, because I have dealt with and worked with CPS (Child protective services).

An abusive parent is almost a god send for the children. It's 100% better than being thrown in the meat grinder that is CPS. In CPS you get two (three) people who will take care of the child. Either a relative steps up, or they are thrown to foster parents. Now, with the three types of people. First you have the genuine people that care for the safety and wellbeing of the child, usually its a relative who steps in, rarely do you ever see these types of people when it comes to the foster parents. Second you have the ones that are in it for the government check and abuse the system, and at 16-18 throw you to the wolves. These people are scum and treat the child like a money bag. The child would be better off with the abusive parent. Third you have ones that think it's like adopting a new baby, only to realize they arent ready to be "parents" and then treat you like shit for the rest of your life. The latter are the most common, usually the person will have between 5+ children amongst them. It's a fuckin travesty.

So people who whine and complain that simple discipline should be met with CPS are essentially stating "look at me, look how dumb I am, Id rather have the child be thrown into oblivion and off my mind, then to see a parent care enough to discipline a child"

CPS is also the epitome of backasswardness. The people that do care are the ones that are over zealous and take out children preemptively, then the ones that check up on families could care less. Bitches and assholes on both sides that dont even think of the broader picture

That is all

They're members of a group (most likely a cult) called The Twelve Tribes. An offshoot of the Puritans that settled in America. Crazy how this stuff still exists in the US and in plain view. Sadly they're not trolling, and actually own and control many businesses in the MA area, all the way up to British Columbia.
    Sorry but you cant bash that religion without doing the same to all the others. I see them as no different than christianity/catholic/muslim/scientology/mormon.

Hate to say it, but that group just succeeded in trolling the public.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

Germany raided them to protect children. Something like that should happen here.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    Sorry but you cant bash that religion without doing the same to all the others. I see them as no different than christianity/catholic/muslim/scientology/mormon.
    I feel like this is some sort of sick cycle, because your lack of objectivity makes me perceive you in a similar way.
    Signature deleted due to it violating the rules. Please read the signature rules for more info.

10+ Year Old Account
    Frankly, "cult" is pretty much an inherently biased term that says more about how people feel about something than it does about their practices.
    Yeah, but I figured since the OP did sorta call the religion in question a cult in the body of his post, that made it a potential option for the thread title.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chingylol View Post
    ...control many businesses in the MA area, all the way up to British Columbia.

Those two places are on opposite coasts, did you mean another province by chance?
    Quote Originally Posted by GrinnersGrin View Post
    If Tinkers aren't the next class in WoW I'll shit in my hands and clap then eat my shoe.