Page 64 of 76 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    Being vegan isn't a diet.
    It used to be about dietary issues.

The vegan lifestyle wasn't what it was 5, 10 years ago, it's been warped into the culture what it is now. Vegan lifestyle was not about endorsing the usage of animal products. This includes diet. You'd never wear leather or wool. Vegans were few and far between.

Now, it's just a movement to bully people into wondering why they aren't a vegan too.
    All vegans can do now is argue about animal abuse but forget how ethically sourced meat and dairy actually is harvested.

This is just my opinion, but I'd rather save the planet we live on rather than some petty farm animals that aren't even sentient. If you're going off the basis of abuse, what about plants, wheat, grass? - these lived too.

Because for all the complaints about the animals, they are still going to kill them. You becoming vegan is not going to save a single cow, and not stop McDonalds from ordering even one less pound of beef. I don't agree with how we treat the animals prior, but the fact remains, we're trying to do the best we can. If you want to argue for more humane treatment of the animals beforehand, then I'd be totally on board with that.

"Yes, going vegan is inconvenient, but it is steadily growing, and soon enough they will be releasing synthetic meat if you really can't stop eating meat. Just don't overdo it, not good for you."
    False and false. It isn't steadying growing, still barely anyone cares. Just ask McDonalds, again. Meat is not good for you? Also false, actual vegans admit that not having meat in their diet is unhealthy because many of the things we need to have balanced health come from meat. We are predators in the end, we were engineered to need meat in our diet. Actual vegans simply say: "It's a choice I made for myself." They don't go around sayin' it's bad for you.

"But muh bakery". Tough luck.
    'Nuff said right there. Not happening.

There are plenty of delicious vegan recipes and restaurants. There are many big vegan communities at your leisure. I'm sure you will find something tasty.
    This is pretty hilariously inaccurate, too. Which is one of the main reasons you don't see people leaping on this bandwagon except to try and sound high and mighty, or act superior. Which is basic inherent human need, to pretend they're better than someone else and vegans often do this to extremes. Hop off that high horse, pal. You aint better than me.

Flat out, I said it above. I do not agree with how we treat animals. I would wish for far more humane environments for them, if we're going to kill them for food, the least we can do is treat them nicely and with dignity prior.

And as my friend said: "We kill them long before we cook them and eat them. A predator in the wild, tackles his prey, and brutally rips it apart while it's still alive and screaming. We could do better in how we treat them but they die alot better than they would in the wild. Granted, you're right, atleast in the wild, they have a chance to escape their fate. Animals raised by us don't ever get that chance."

Ultimately, I really like hotdogs, chicken nuggets, fish and hamburgers. I just had fish for dinner and it was fucking amazing as always. I will never give that up as part of my diet. I'm a picky eater already and I don't pretend that doing so would ever help a single animal we kill each year.

That said, I like pastas and salad but I couldn't survive on them.

And of course, remember. Plants are living entities too, so if you wanna complain about us raising things to kill them. You might wanna talk to farmers, too. And stop eating entirely, because the reality is, we all consume other forms of life to prolong our own. That's the reality.
    Last edited by Spiral Mage; 2016-07-11 at 02:41 AM.

"DO THE RESEARCH!" Clarion call of the zealot, cult member and conspiracy theorist alike.
    Gaming & Tech related discussion with occasional poo flinging!
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNS...PDOAsdXS7I029g
    https://twitter.com/Aztech_Zero

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    I was simply pointed out that, for someone claiming to have a healthier diet, you have no issues swallowing chemically-altered food. Y'know, something vegans had fought against, like GMO and all that?
    And I pointed out to you how meat is chemically altered and nothing about factory farmed meat is natural. Also being vegan doesn't mean being against GMOs.

You like to claim that, yet you refuse to back your argument. You just like to simply claim 'you know nothing' as if the statement alone means anything. By itself, It has no meaning, no probatory value.
    Its not a claim, its fact. You keep spouting shit that isn't true. Like in the above quote for example.

I somehow doubt you reached the conclusion that 'vegan is better' all by yourself, without the influence of any external source.
    I concluded vegan was the right way to live when I saw with my own two eyes how factory farmed animals were treated. I also have been vegan for about a decade, soooooooooooo you know I live it and I'm in great health.

But still on the subject, if you're dismissing all research that conclude that 'meat is necessary for a healthy, balanced diet' as garbage simply because they're sponsored by the 'meat industry', then, to remain intellectually honest, you must also dismiss research that conclude that 'vegan diet is healthier and more balanced' as garbage because they're sponsored by the 'vegan industry'. Y'know, same ruling for both cases. That leaves you with no facts to support your opinion that 'being vegan is better', since all studies that support the vegan idea had to be thrown away. By your own rules.
    I didn't dismiss all the research. I dismissed on paper. You are dismissing all the research that says how unhealthy red meat can be. How healthy being vegan can be. How horrible the factory farms are for animals, workers and the environment.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zakaryy View Post
    It used to be about dietary issues.

The vegan lifestyle wasn't what it was 5, 10 years ago, it's been warped into the culture what it is now. Vegan lifestyle was not about endorsing the usage of animal products. This includes diet. You'd never wear leather or wool. Vegans were few and far between.

Now, it's just a movement to bully people into wondering why they aren't a vegan too.
    All vegans can do now is argue about animal abuse but forget how ethically sourced meat and dairy actually is harvested.

This is just my opinion, but I'd rather save the planet we live on rather than some petty farm animals that aren't even sentient. If you're going off the basis of abuse, what about plants, wheat, grass? - these lived too.
    lol, you're so full of shit.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by AztechZero View Post
    "DO THE RESEARCH!" Clarion call of the zealot, cult member and conspiracy theorist alike.
    Or...you know...scientists.
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown

Cause vegan food tastes nasty, and meat tastes good. Yes, I've had "veggie burgers"...and anyone who can't tell the difference between that and a real, QUALITY burger, has brain damage.

There are somethings that indicate a person is of higher moral fiber than another and not condoning animal torture is one of them.
    The problem is that a person who was genuinely of 'higher moral fiber' than others wouldn't feel the need to talk incessantly to anyone about how much better they are. They'd be too fucking busy being awesome and keeping it to themselves unless someone specifically asked.

You know who some of those people MIGHT be? Vegans who don't say a damn word about being vegan. The ones who do it for themselves, not so they can lord it over others and pat themselves on the back like you.

You remind me a lot of the "If you're not for feminism then you're against equality!" lunatics, with arguments that are intentionally broken and designed to trap people unless they behave exactly as YOU want them to.

The kicker though? Just like feminism never owned the concept of equality, vegans have never owned the concept of being against animal torture.

10/10 troll thread though, would participate again.

lol, you're so full of shit.
    Am I lying though? No, I didn't think so.

10+ Year Old Account
    You've been asked a simple question and instead of answering you're trying obfuscate with pseudo philosophical bullshit.

Is it fair of me to say I'm morally superior to rapist if I'm not a rapist myself? Why or why not?

- - - Updated - - -

WTF are you talking about?
    If you come from a society that views rape negatively, then you generally will see yourself as morally superior to a rapist. If you come from a society that see nothing wrong with rapre you would not see yourself as superior most likely.

Quote Originally Posted by Kasterix View Post
    The problem is that a person who was genuinely of 'higher moral fiber' than others wouldn't feel the need to talk incessantly to anyone about how much better they are. They'd be too fucking busy being awesome and keeping it to themselves unless someone specifically asked.

You know who some of those people MIGHT be? Vegans who don't say a damn word about being vegan. The ones who do it for themselves, not so they can lord it over others and pat themselves on the back like you.

You remind me a lot of the "If you're not for feminism then you're against equality!" lunatics, with arguments that are intentionally broken and designed to trap people unless they behave exactly as YOU want them to.

The kicker though? Just like feminism never owned the concept of equality, vegans have never owned the concept of being against animal torture.

10/10 troll thread though, would participate again.
    You're making zero sense.

I didn't bring up moral superiority. Numerous meat eaters did.

And none of that explains how condoning factory farming is moral, which not a one of you has explained yet.
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by Narwhalosh Whalescream View Post
    Countless of animals die every day to sate your appetite, raised to be slaughtered so to say. Polluting the environment, contributing to the green house effect.

Did you know that every male chicken born in a chicken coop is to be killed as soon it comes out of it's egg? There are reasons for it, but to think that they have no rights to live at all.

Calves? They get separated from their mothers at birth only to feed humans milk and then get slaughtered.

Bees? They collect honey for the colder times, only to be taken away.

"But muh convenience". Yes, going vegan is inconvenient, but it is steadily growing, and soon enough they will be releasing synthetic meat if you really can't stop eating meat. Just don't overdo it, not good for you.

"But muh bakery". Tough luck.

There are plenty of delicious vegan recipes and restaurants. There are many big vegan communities at your leisure. I'm sure you will find something tasty.
    lol. I can't tell if this post is satire or not.

Let me put it this way: Making my meals less convenient on average, more expensive on average, less tasty on average and more pretentious on average is not a fair price to pay just to satisfy somebody else's silly crusade against eating some things that used to be alive but not others. I don't really care about your opinion. You might think it is wrong to eat meat, and I eat it anyway. I KNOW it is unhealthy to eat sweets, but I eat them anyway. See how it works?
    “Humanism means that the man is the measure of all things...But it is not only that man must start from himself in the area of knowledge and learning, but any value system must come arbitrarily from man himself by arbitrary choice.” - Francis A. Schaeffer

Am I lying though? No, I didn't think so.
    I don't know if you're lying, you may actual believe what you're saying, in which you're not lying just wrong.

Either way, you're full of shit on this topic.

I don't know if you're lying, you may actual believe what you're saying, in which you're not lying just wrong.

I'm not wrong. Have you seen some of the top vegan advocates in social media? namely Free Lee. She's passionate about the vegan lifestyle, yet she can't help but divulge in the culture what is the vegan lifestyle in this day and age. Toxic, uneducated and wrong. That's all what this is now.

I might have been a little arrogant but right of the bat you're like "you're full of shit". Proves my point really.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bodakane View Post
    i don't know if you're lying, you may actual believe what you're saying, in which you're not lying just wrong.

t-t-t-t-triggered

Because my species evolved to enjoy the taste of cooked animal flesh more than the taste of plants. /thread

Bodakane, a scientist doesn't just screech "DO THE RESEARCH!" and "UR FULL OF SHIT" or "THAT RESEARCH IS SHIT" constantly when something contradicts their view.
    Gaming & Tech related discussion with occasional poo flinging!
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNS...PDOAsdXS7I029g
    https://twitter.com/Aztech_Zero

I hate vegetarians. vegetarian dishes very bland and hard to eat. I like to eat dog monthly.
    Last edited by ninawilliam89; 2016-07-29 at 06:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ninawilliam89 View Post
    I hate vegetarians. vegetarian dishes very bland and hard to eat. I like to eat dog monthly
    Had to make a new account just so you can post that

And I pointed out to you how meat is chemically altered and nothing about factory farmed meat is natural.
    Which, as I've said before, is a completely pointless, meaningless non-argument, since I never claimed meat food is not industrialized, and I don't care it is. And I believe the vast majority of meat eaters don't care about that, either.

Its not a claim, its fact. You keep spouting shit that isn't true. Like in the above quote for example.
    ... You seem to have issues differentiating 'claims' and 'facts'. You made a claim, and refuse time and again to back it up. Your claim is meaningless and pointless as saying 'yes' when asked if you prefer the color blue or yellow.

I concluded vegan was the right way to live when I saw with my own two eyes how factory farmed animals were treated.
    Oh? You walked on your own into such 'factory farm'? You didn't see it in a vegan-sponsored documentary or a vegan-sponsored trip to said factories? So you paid it all on your own money and had the idea of visiting it all on your own? I must admit, I'm impressed, if you actually did that.

I didn't dismiss all the research. I dismissed on paper.
    You dismissed a paper on the reasoning that it's "sponsored by the meat industry and therefore is garbage", which is the crux of the matter.

You are dismissing all the research that says how unhealthy red meat can be.
    I'm not. I'm just saying you should if you're going to apply the same logic you had with the meat research.

Or...you know...scientists.
    Scientists do the research, they don't tell others to do it for them, like some people.

Quote Originally Posted by AztechZero View Post
    Bodakane, a scientist doesn't just screech "DO THE RESEARCH!" and "UR FULL OF SHIT" or "THAT RESEARCH IS SHIT" constantly when something contradicts their view.
    This.

It's like the Third Wave Feminism movement. You can compare it to how Vegans are portraying themselves to non-vegans.
    They literally get contradicted with science and correct information yet they screech about 'stop opressing me'. It's a sad life.

I'm not wrong. Have you seen some of the top vegan advocates in social media? namely Free Lee. She's passionate about the vegan lifestyle, yet she can't help but divulge in the culture what is the vegan lifestyle in this day and age. Toxic, uneducated and wrong. That's all what this is now.

I might have been a little arrogant but right of the bat you're like "you're full of shit". Proves my point really.
    The movement is the same.

It was and is about doing the least amount of harm possible. That has not changed regardless of what you think. I don't give a fuck what you've seen on youtube, its not indicative of anything. I saw a guy be an asshole on youtube, does that mean all guys are assholes? Of course not. Does he mean he speaks for all guys? Of course not.

What have I been wrong about exactly?