Page 65 of 76 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    The movement is the same.

It was and is about doing the least amount of harm possible. That has not changed regardless of what you think. I don't give a fuck what you've seen on youtube, its not indicative of anything. I saw a guy be an asshole on youtube, does that mean all guys are assholes? Of course not. Does he mean he speaks for all guys? Of course not.

What have I been wrong about exactly?
    Your understanding of morality for one thing.

Quote Originally Posted by AztechZero View Post
    Bodakane, a scientist doesn't just screech "DO THE RESEARCH!" and "UR FULL OF SHIT" or "THAT RESEARCH IS SHIT" constantly when something contradicts their view.
    I met a guy online once that claimed to be a scientist, and used that claim to back up his argument that I was wrong, and he told me to just take his word for it, because he just 'knew the truth'. Also, I see these kinds of 'arguments' all the time online when debating particular subjects. The people who use them might not be scientists, but I doubt that most people on these forums are actually scientists in this area, or in any areas that would involve the subjects most commonly seen on these forums.

It was and is about doing the least amount of harm possible. That has not changed regardless of what you think. I don't give a fuck what you've seen on youtube, its not indicative of anything. I saw a guy be an asshole on youtube, does that mean all guys are assholes? Of course not. Does he mean he speaks for all guys? Of course not.

Define 'harm'. Until you can objectively define harm, then your argument is entirely invalid; nothing but an opinion.
    “Humanism means that the man is the measure of all things...But it is not only that man must start from himself in the area of knowledge and learning, but any value system must come arbitrarily from man himself by arbitrary choice.” - Francis A. Schaeffer

Quote Originally Posted by AztechZero View Post
    Bodakane, a scientist doesn't just screech "DO THE RESEARCH!" and "UR FULL OF SHIT" or "THAT RESEARCH IS SHIT" constantly when something contradicts their view.
    Neither did I.

I've provided evidence and it gets ignored. I've given actual facts and they get ignored. I've been respectful and it gets ignored.

Nothing I've said is untrue and for every one of my posts with attitude there's 10 posts from the counter side that are equally douchey, condescending, high and mighty, etc. Yet, you focus on me, and ignore all of them. So spare me your self righteous indignation.
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown

Neither did I.

I've provided evidence and it gets ignored. I've given actual facts and they get ignored. I've been respectful and it gets ignored.

Nothing I've said is untrue and for every one of my posts with attitude there's 10 posts from the counter side that are equally douchey, condescending, high and mighty, etc. Yet, you focus on me, and ignore all of them. So spare me your self righteous indignation.
    I'm curious. Is there such a thing as non-righteous indignation?
    “Humanism means that the man is the measure of all things...But it is not only that man must start from himself in the area of knowledge and learning, but any value system must come arbitrarily from man himself by arbitrary choice.” - Francis A. Schaeffer

You really are that blind aren't you?
    How long exactly have you been apart of said movement. Please enlighten me - less than 5 years, maybe? woah. Go you.
    You don't even know your own history.

I didn't bring up moral superiority.
    You haven't? Then what's this:
    There are somethings that indicate a person is of higher moral fiber than another and not condoning animal torture is one of them.
    And this:
    If you eat meat you are morally inferior to me because you condone an industry that tortures and slaughters animals
    And this:
    That makes me morally superior. That is fact.
    You may claim that you weren't the first to actually write 'morality', but you sure acted arrogantly as if you had 'moral superiority' ever since your first post in this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    Which, as I've said before, is a completely pointless, meaningless non-argument, since I never claimed meat food is not industrialized, and I don't care it is. And I believe the vast majority of meat eaters don't care about that, either.
    lol. Ok. You say veganism is bad because its 'chemically altered" (which you didn't even know anything about till a couple of hours ago) food, and are promoting a non vegan diet consisting of meat....but me pointing out chemically altered and artificial "real" meat is, is pointless? You're almost as annoying as Fargas.

... You seem to have issues differentiating 'claims' and 'facts'. You made a claim, and refuse time and again to back it up. Your claim is meaningless and pointless as saying 'yes' when asked if you prefer the color blue or yellow.
    Nothing about my claim is meaningless. What of your claims have you backed up again......oh that's right not a goddamned thing.

Oh? You walked on your own into such 'factory farm'? You didn't see it in a vegan-sponsored documentary or a vegan-sponsored trip to said factories? So you paid it all on your own money and had the idea of visiting it all on your own? I must admit, I'm impressed, if you actually did that.
    Yes. I've been a part of numerous rescues.

You dismissed a paper on the reasoning that it's "sponsored by the meat industry and therefore is garbage", which is the crux of the matter.
    Yes one paper. I also said it didn't properly quantify a vegetarian diet either...don't forget I said that either.
    I'm not. I'm just saying you should if you're going to apply the same logic you had with the meat research.
    And again, what paper would that be? Some imaginary one I didn't use?

Scientists do the research, they don't tell others to do it for them, like some people.
    I've done the research, you don't even know what a vegan is!!!!!!!!! Jesus you guys are insane. Its almost funny.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zakaryy View Post
    You really are that blind aren't you?
    How long exactly have you been apart of said movement. Please enlighten me - less than 5 years, maybe? woah. Go you.
    You don't even know your own history.
    Near 10 years actually. I know the history just fine. You're basically making shit up still.

- - - Updated - - -

You haven't? Then what's this:
    And this:
    And this:
    You may claim that you weren't the first to actually write 'morality', but you sure acted arrogantly as if you had 'moral superiority' ever since your first post in this thread.
    lol, go back further in the thread.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by spinner981 View Post
    Define 'harm'. Until you can objectively define harm, then your argument is entirely invalid; nothing but an opinion.
    Are you serious?

Um ok.

deliberately inflicted physical injury.

Ok I guess my opinion is valid now. whew.
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown

Bodakane. It really is as simple as "I don't care about your opinion." because that's what this subject is about; opinion. Whether or not you have sources to show that X food is Y or that X animal is treated in Y way, all people really need to do is say "I don't care." and that's the end of it.

Are you serious?

Um ok.

deliberately inflicted physical injury.

Ok I guess my opinion is valid now. whew.
    To be fair. You probably haven't seen me on here before.

So what about medical shots? Those are deliberate physical injury. Are they moral? Heck, animals are administered shots too for their health sometimes; are those shots immoral because they hurt? Are their exceptions? If so, where do you draw the line and why is there a line to begin with?
    Last edited by spinner981; 2016-07-11 at 03:36 AM.

Based on my blood type, and my family medical history, i probably SHOULD eat vegan. That being said, i try to eat as little processed food as possible. I dont think eating is meat is bad, i think eating as much as the USDA recommends is bad - Seeing as how the ag-industry is the entity that put that little diagram together. Protip : eat a shitload of vegetables, drink lots of water, lay off the sugar, and eat more poultry and fish. Red meat a couple times a month and you'll be golden

Also, know where your food comes from. Try to eat locally sourced meat if possible. Factory farmed meat could be inhumanely processed. If you know the farmers on a personal basis the chances are your food will be healthier.
    Last edited by Jinpachi; 2016-07-11 at 03:37 AM.

Bodakane. It really is as simple as "I don't care about your opinion." because that's what this subject is about; opinion. Whether or not you have sources to show that X food is Y or that X animal is treated in Y way, all people really need to do is say "I don't care." and that's the end of it.
    That's true for anything...including your opinion about my opinion. What the fuck is your point? Following your logic, forums are pointless. But hey, I'm glad you're enjoying Philosophy 101 your first year of college and want to share that with everyone.

Also I did as you asked and objectively defined harm....sooooooooooo.....

Deleted
    Because I'm an omnivore with a propensity for liking meat far more than I like fruit and vegetables.

That's true for anything...including your opinion about my opinion. What the fuck is your point? Following your logic, forums are pointless. But hey, I'm glad you're enjoying Philosophy 101 your first year of college and want to share that with everyone.
    Because some debates are about claims, like the claim that X is true or that Y is false. No such thing exists in the original question of the thread. Why aren't I vegan? Because I don't want to be. Simple as that.

Because some debates are about claims, like the claim that X is true or that Y is false. No such thing exists in the original question of the thread. Why aren't I vegan? Because I don't want to be. Simple as that.
    Stop. I'm not the OP.

You said objectively define harm and until i do my point wasn't valid. I did define it.

7+ Year Old Account
    Why aren't I vegan? Because I don't want to be. Simple as that.
    Pretty much this. Also, meat is yummy. If someone chooses to be vegan, good for them. But like religious "witnesses", the second they start pushing their opinions onto others they've ceased being relevant and can piss off.

Quote Originally Posted by Mistame View Post
    Pretty much this. Also, meat is yummy. If someone chooses to be vegan, good for them. But like religious "witnesses", the second they start pushing their opinions onto others they've ceased being relevant and can piss off.
    lol.

Ok, so if I want you to stop eating meat because you're supporting an industry that tortures animals, but I'm the asshole? Ok.

If you bought your socks from a company that raped women while they were forced to make those socks, and I told you, you should stop wearing those socks, would that make me a pushy religious witness?
    Last edited by Bodakane; 2016-07-11 at 04:15 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Because I love meat.

10+ Year Old Account
    I just ate a thick 12oz steak, named it Bodakane.

Acting like an asshole won't magically make people come to your side on things.

Stop. I'm not the OP.

You said objectively define harm and until i do my point wasn't valid. I did define it.
    But not objectively. You used an opinion. What is harm, and what makes harm bad?

Why am i not a not a vegan? Because im not a fucking rabbit. I'm a carnivore, like i was created to be, so i eat meat. Just because you walk past a freshly cut lawn and get hungry doesnt mean thats gonna work for me. You eat your grass, ill eat my delicious steaks.
    Originally Posted by Tradewind
    Well yeah, did you see the daughter? 0/10, would not bang.