Page 13 of 20 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkeon View Post
    He is clearly a racist and a liar!
    Well, we know this guy's definitely a rational enough person to determine who's being rude and who's being reasonable.

Also, did anyone else think it looked like he spent most of his time screaming belligerently at his own phone? Was kind of hoping for this to happen:

10+ Year Old Account
    What a dumb cunt.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaerys View Post
    Gaze upon the field in which I grow my fucks, and see that it is barren.

I have only read the first 3 pages, so forgive me if this has already been mentioned. I see a lot of people mentioning castle doctrine as a justification for him being able to physically remove her. This is not the case. Because she was invited into the car, by the owner, he can not physically remove her. Also according to the letter of the law the police could not legally remove her (at least in Colorado, I don't know about other states). It basically becomes like a residence where he will have to get a proper eviction if she wished to take it that far.

Quote Originally Posted by Lillyth View Post
    100% guarantee that he will be charged with something that isnt true.

- - - Updated - - -

Really? Wow, I pity the american insurance system.
    Unless im knocked out and cant stay conscious long enough to make it to the hospital or to someone who can drive me, im not calling 911 to take me to the hospital.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Utinil View Post
    I have only read the first 3 pages, so forgive me if this has already been mentioned. I see a lot of people mentioning castle doctrine as a justification for him being able to physically remove her. This is not the case. Because she was invited into the car, by the owner, he can not physically remove her. Also according to the letter of the law the police could not legally remove her (at least in Colorado, I don't know about other states). It basically becomes like a residence where he will have to get a proper eviction if she wished to take it that far.
    Not even fucking close.
    She was a guest in his car. The instant he wanted her gone and told her so, she lost guest status and became a trespasser by remaining.
    What the fuck are you on about evicting her? He took her as far as he was obligated to.
    Last edited by WskyDK; 2016-07-11 at 03:17 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaerys View Post
    Gaze upon the field in which I grow my fucks, and see that it is barren.

Quote Originally Posted by Utinil View Post
    In ALL states yes he can remove her from his car. He requested many times for her to leave and she didn't. He is well within his right to remove her at this point. If your going to comment about the castle law at lease know it.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Super unprofessional by the driver. However... he seemed to in fact be facing a moron.

The passenger choosing to stay in that car with a driver that irritate was poor judgement plain and simple. If the passenger had a lick of sense, she would have simply exited the vehicle and contacted Uber directly.

I take Uber and Lyft all the time; maybe about 5-7 times a week. I do not know how to drive and the services are a tremendous (& affordable) convenience. That being said, I have had two or three poor experiences with these services.

All the 'bad' experiences I had using Uber were FAR more mild than the OP video. A few times drivers took the wrong route or dropped me off at a destination that was intended.

One email to Uber/Lyft was enough to be refunded the trip instantly, receive credit for the next ride and calling another driver was only a few minutes inconvenience at most.

There are just better ways of using the service and forcing a quality experience or at the least a compensated experience, that choosing to remain in the car when a driver is behaving rather outrageous that one must be a moron to do so.

Quote Originally Posted by pacox View Post
    Asked my cousin who ubers as a second job what he would've done. He said he would have just drove her the to the entrance, told her to get the hell out, and been on to his next fare. How hard is that? Annoying customers are part of the service industry, suck it up.
    The guy was angry before she even began video taping him, so it's extremely suspect as far as I'm concerned. I also have friends who drive Uber, I've heard plenty of stories about people being retarded about where they want to drop off. For all we know she said go there, no here, no there and was just fucking with him until he lost it. We've seen god knows how many people mix up pranking someone with just being an asshole and crying when it blows up on them.

Huge overreaction by the driver. He has anger problems. She also should have just gotten out of the asshole's car when he started yelling too though. More blame goes to the driver though. Complete jerk.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    A moron or they were trying to provoke that reaction the entire time. Her claiming she didn't know where she was when he had delivered her to the admin entrance of the hospital is suspect to say the least.
    And if she was trying to provoke a reaction he fell right into that trap. Shouldn't be in the service industry if you can't deal with shit customers. People will never stop being shitty but you can control how you react to them.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    Uber seems like a strange way to travel.
    I don't support Uber for ideological purposes. When I lived in Chicago I'd take cabs all the time, those guys were pretty upfront with what a cab medallion (basically a license to drive a cab) cost--it was worth the price of a home.

Uber came in, managed by a huge hedge fund, and decided that they'd get around existing taxi laws by essentially paying people off. If you drove for Uber and got a ticket, Uber would just take care of it. Other things happening behind the scenes, too...

Now these guys who spent a small fortune in order to drive a cab have a worthless investment, because Uber decided to bend the rules.

Anyhoo, I use an established cab company if I need to take a cab anywhere. But I would have just called the cops on the woman in the video instead of bothering to yell at her.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    I don't support Uber for ideological purposes. When I lived in Chicago I'd take cabs all the time, those guys were pretty upfront with what a cab medallion (basically a license to drive a cab) cost--it was worth the price of a home.

Uber came in, managed by a huge hedge fund, and decided that they'd get around existing taxi laws by essentially paying people off. If you drove for Uber and got a ticket, Uber would just take care of it. Other things happening behind the scenes, too...

Now these guys who spent a small fortune in order to drive a cab have a worthless investment, because Uber decided to bend the rules.

Anyhoo, I use an established cab company if I need to take a cab anywhere. But I would have just called the cops on the woman in the video instead of bothering to yell at her.
    Taxi companies used those expensive medallions for decades to create crazy barriers to entry that protected their markets and made it so that they didn't have to innovate or improve their service. As long as Uber is providing a superior service (and it is), I'm pretty OK with them screwing the taxi companies, which have been getting worse and worse for a long time.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

Quote Originally Posted by Jkalz7 View Post
    How do you know this? She doesn't sound black at all
    Talks like someone black from the dominician republic.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by pacox View Post
    Did we see her being rude to him? I know I didn't. All I see is a man wasting his time and money on driving an extra 500 ft tops.

If he had that much pride that he couldn't drive 500 more feet and if she was being a dick the entire ride then how come he didn't terminate it earlier?
    Was rude the entire video. So yes, we saw the spoiled minority being a piece of shit.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Such a weird racial discussion as what she sounds like depends entirely on things like where she grew up and not her actual race. She could be white and have grown up in places where she got that accent. Without video/photographic evidence of her actual appearance I wouldn't rush to call her any race.
    False. We know that people from different ethnicities also have different voices. Eminem doesn't sound like a black person even though he has the accent.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by muto View Post
    Huge overreaction by the driver. He has anger problems. She also should have just gotten out of the asshole's car when he started yelling too though. More blame goes to the driver though. Complete jerk.
    Oh fuck that - the woman is a complete bitch and a fucking moron. I have no problem with the driver at all. Her voice is clear evidence of what the real problem is.

Also, listen what he says at 1:22 - obviously this bitch had been provoking him the entire time (probably in hopes that she could would get this exact reaction from him and maybe sue Uber for some money - why the fuck do you think she just happens to be videoing the entire thing?)

If I was the guy I would have called the cops immediately and had her arrested for trespassing.

Quote Originally Posted by Jkalz7 View Post
    How do you know this? She doesn't sound black at all
    Sounds Hispanic FOR SURE.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sicari View Post
    I don't know exactly what went on before she started filming...but she seems calm and reasonable and he's losing his shit. She doesn't seem to know exactly where she is and he's not really helping her understand.
    And that is the problem - you don't have ANY idea what transpired before she started taping, yet I guess her seeming "calm and reasonable and he's losing his shit" is reason enough to assume that the driver is probably the one with the problem - and no possibility that she is feigning ignorance ( "doesn't seem to know exactly where she is ")? I bet you support BLM too, eh?
    Last edited by mmocc836e66a65; 2016-07-11 at 07:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ransath View Post

And that is the problem - you don't have ANY idea what transpired before she started taping, yet I guess her seeming "calm and reasonable and he's losing his shit" is reason enough to assume that the driver is probably the one with the problem - and no possibility that she is feigning ignorance ( "doesn't seem to know exactly where she is ")? I bet you support BLM too, eh?
    I'm of the opinion that a million different things could have happened before the camera got turned on but there's currently no way for me to know what actually did. Maybe she was being a total cunt. Maybe not. I do think it's interesting how many people have chosen to go with the narrative of "she's a cunt".

10+ Year Old Account
    911: How may I help you?
    Driver: I've a person sitting in my car, apparently mentally disturbed and disoriented, please send some police over to <address>

#problemsolved.

Maybe she still asks where she is when she sits in the back of the police car.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

She's clearly an idiot; she has no right to remain in the car after being told to leave it. Any grievance she has with the service is ultimately a contractual issue and the best bet would be to take the matter directly to Uber (as other users of the service have pointed out in this thread when they experienced issues with their driver/trip).

Common sense would tell you that she has baited him into this sort of tirade, because if he had simply EXPLODED like this without warning or justification, and you were on the way to the Emergency Department because something is soooooo wrong with you that your general doctor is not sufficient, then you would GTFO of the car as quickly as possible and head straight to the damn ED.... But instead she films it like the twit she is.

I just imagined the driver as John Goodman.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

Clearly she was being intentionally difficult, but this an obvious situation for the police to be called.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

Quote Originally Posted by Sicari View Post
    I'm of the opinion that a million different things could have happened before the camera got turned on but there's currently no way for me to know what actually did. Maybe she was being a total cunt. Maybe not. I do think it's interesting how many people have chosen to go with the narrative of "she's a cunt".
    People are probably choosing that narrative because it makes no sense for the guy to be that angry if she wasn't and at the least she is incredibly annoying during the filming of the video.