10+ Year Old Account

On the hunt for a new Monitor (or 2/3)

Ok, so I'm on the hunt for a new screen (or 2... or 3....)

Looking at the $100-$150 range where possible and I come across this:
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...64&ignorebbr=1
    Sony PlayStation 24" 3D 1080p 240Hz Widescreen LED LCD 3-in-1 Monitor includes -Wall Mount (no Base), SimulView Technology, Stereo Speakers+Subwoofer (Certified Refurbished)

Now aside from potentially loosing it because one of you guys snap this up. What is it? Why is it specially labelled "Sony PlayStation" ??

Hello, what are your requirements for the monitor? (diagonal, matrix type, refresh rate, max resolution, etc)

10+ Year Old Account
    The original question was more one of "Whats special about the linked screen that its called a Sony PlayStation screen."

But sure, since I'm still looking.
    Minimum size: 23"
    Prefer IPS, but ultimately it doesn't matter that much
    60Hz or higher
    Minimum resolution: 1920x1080

Monitor: Asus VS248H-P 24.0" Monitor ($149.00 @ Amazon) TN, 2ms.
    Monitor: Asus VS239H-P 23.0" Monitor ($133.99 @ SuperBiiz) IPS, 2ms.
    Monitor: AOC e2752She 27.0" 60Hz Monitor ($144.99 @ Amazon) Only 27 incher on the list, TN, 2ms.
    Monitor: BenQ GL2460HM 24.0" 60Hz Monitor ($138.99 @ Amazon) TN, 2ms.

In my experience BenQ generally has the best picture quality on TN monitors. So if I were you I would choose from IPS Asus, BenQ and AOC depending on what's more important for you: bigger screen, IPS panel or just a quality TN panel. They are all 60Hz though, no way you can get more for that kind of money.

It's a gaming screen made by Sony mostly to be used as a playstation monitor, the one you linked is refurbished, read a couple reviews on amazon, might be better screens around then this one.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    It's a TV marketed as a monitor. The image is shit, the response time is 4ms and that 240Hz is really 60Hz (the signal is interpolated so they can market it as 240Hz even if the display will output 60 FPS). Don't buy a fake TV for gaming.

ASUS is always good in this price range. But please ASUS, stop using that damn glossy plastic for the frames, the dust seems to like it way more than it should

10+ Year Old Account
    Some interesting suggestions there. I actually hadn't considered the 27" options. But now that you mention it, I wonder if its worth stretching the budget a little. It sure would make life a tad easier.
    I haven't had good experiences with AOC monitors... I find that they look very colour washed.

Quote Originally Posted by Djinni View Post
    Some interesting suggestions there. I actually hadn't considered the 27" options. But now that you mention it, I wonder if its worth stretching the budget a little. It sure would make life a tad easier.
    I haven't had good experiences with AOC monitors... I find that they look very colour washed.
    There is also this if you value picture quality and can get a little stretchy on the budget.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by S7orm View Post
    It's a TV marketed as a monitor. The image is shit, the response time is 4ms and that 240Hz is really 60Hz (the signal is interpolated so they can market it as 240Hz even if the display will output 60 FPS). Don't buy a fake TV for gaming.

ASUS is always good in this price range. But please ASUS, stop using that damn glossy plastic for the frames, the dust seems to like it way more than it should
    It's actually the same panel as FG2421. It's 120Hz in reality and one of the best 1920x1080 high refresh rate panel. That said, it's refurbished though and personally am not keen on that. I don't know how well it performs however as it's a time limited/limited production one so not many were produced and rather obscure one.

I picked up the QNIX QX2710 27" Korean monitor on eBay for $179 and have been very happy with it. 1440P with a Samsung IPS panel inside it. Overclocked it to 110hz from 60hz. Only has 1 DVI-D dual link port though so if you needed to hook up anything besides your computer like a PS4 it wouldn't work out. Came from South Korea to NC in 2 days. Didn't have any dead pixels thankfully and the quality is far better than anything else in the price range IMO.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Djinni View Post
    The original question was more one of "Whats special about the linked screen that its called a Sony PlayStation screen."

But sure, since I'm still looking.
    Minimum size: 23"
    Prefer IPS, but ultimately it doesn't matter that much
    60Hz or higher
    Minimum resolution: 1920x1080
    Think of that monitor as an Eizo FG2421 with some different perks and of course different calibration and build.