Thread: Warcraft Go!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    We have a bunch of different languages on this planet. English, Spanish, French, Russian, Chinese. People don't seem to mind that. We have different currencies. Different legal systems. Why do some people go crazy about having different units of measurement?
    This image accurately summarises the point: http://i.imgur.com/iDOzAa5.jpg

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Beefkow View Post
    Haha, im not an expert on anything regarding bots, hackers, DDOSing, or programming but like I said, there are some cons and concerns with this system. I would obviously think there would be an anti-hacking system, but thats virtually impossible. Like I said, this is just an idea, I wouldn't know how to create this app whatsoever.

Yes they can, but does it have a virtual heartbeat? Steps must be linked to a heartbeat otherwise you're earning nothing.

Well, if you're already fit, running should be easy for you which results in more steps.

Getting steps is more important than getting BPM as getting 10 silver is better than getting 2ish silver, BPM is just a nice perk to include in your walking routine.
    its easy to use a program to "fake walk" people have allready done it for pokemon go

also then it will make it better to be a very fit person, but use something to cheat your heartrate

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by SharkLazorz View Post
    You can always cheat. Pokemon GO client has no integrity checks whatsoever, so you can easily mitm-proxy the traffic and automatically (scripted) change your location without ever leaving your house. You can exploit it fairly simply by just feeding it co-ordinates from Google Maps.

Having said that - you're right about the community, that's where the whole game comes together. I wish Blizzard would invest in creating communities, they've been tearing down the community/guild features since TBC/Wrath - and replacing them with anti-social queue systems.
    yes, but pokemon go does not give you money for a game that it itself is "unhackable" or heavily moderated... if pokemon go allowed you to then send this stuff to a pokemon game, whatever ,cool, cause the pokemon games are allready so unprotected... but wow, a extremely protected game... to then have a "back door" with something liek this that could easily be hacked with no way around it by cheating with simple fake gps, would ruin the economy... (even more then the garrison did :P)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Justpassing View Post
    Pokemon is still a thing?
    its not like its one of (if not the most) known about gaming franchise in the world, maybe even more then mario these days, as everyone knows about the pikachus and the pokemans
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    My ideas are objectively good

Yeah well excuuuuse me but hasn't it been like 20 years since pokemon came out? Sure I'm a manchild but I thought the fad would've passed by now, guess not.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoibert the Bear View Post
    Okay, just a query.

Why the fuck use the retarded imperial system?

Embrace meters man, embrace them.
    Should the US switch to metric? Yes.
    Is the US using metric right now? No.
    Complaining about it won't accomplish much. Brings the phrase "Like pissing into the wind" to mind.

7+ Year Old Account
    Yeah well excuuuuse me but hasn't it been like 20 years since pokemon came out? Sure I'm a manchild but I thought the fad would've passed by now, guess not.
    like mario, and warcraft, and star wars (only examples i can think of at 3 am)
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    My ideas are objectively good

Deleted
    No more ways to earn crazy gold please. Gold missions are even being removed from our garrisons , why would or should blizzard implement something that they are working on fixing/ removing ?

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't mean to be insulting, but if you are interested in gaming you would know about Pokemon Go. It has been making the headlines for numerous reasons like a teen finding a dead body while she was searching for a Pokemon, a guy getting a date because of it, people being injured and more. Pokemon Go is literally a huge thing right now, you would have to be avoiding a lot of places to not see anything. Just type Pokemon Go in google and click on News my friend.

In regards to the app, sorry but I think it is a poor idea. Mainly because it is an attempt to copy from the success Pokemon Go. Blizzard wouldn't do it, maybe something completely different sure but not what you have outlined.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Reclaimer View Post
    You do understand that most people playing pokemon go are driving around in cars and "playing it" right? At lease that's what all the younger people at my place of work is doing lol
    This seems like a truly bad idea. First off you get next to no steps counted when driving because it recognizes your speed is to fast and as thus reduced the steps you take by a very high amount.

Besides that things like pokestops and to a lesser extent catching pokemon requires you to be withing a specific radius of them, meaning you had to stop all the time.

The best way of doing it by far is biking with a semi slow pace. Lotsa pokemon, stop all you want, get around and into small parks and lakes.

Anyway to the OP:

Pokemon go is fleshed out infinitely more then your idea. Whats more your idea would have one of two outcomes. Either the gold gain would have to be extremely large or players would simply grind gold ingame instead. If you cant make more gold walking/running/biking around then you can ingame noone would use it, except maybe for when they where outside anyway. The motivational factor in it is very small.

Pokemon go has a huge motivational factor. Its a competition with your friends and neighbors, its a collection game, its a destination reaching game, and its and exploration and educational game. It is literally brilliant in design.

- - - Updated - - -

No offence but you seem extremely clueless about the subject of this webside
    Last edited by mmocfe2bab4c21; 2016-07-11 at 07:18 AM.

Pokemon is still a thing?
    People who don't like Pokemon have never played it.

7+ Year Old Account
    I don't know anything about hacking or finding ways to cheat around codes, but I do know one thing: I would love to make gold off of my dog running around.

Retired Shaman
    Signature by Winter Blossom