Thread: UEFA Euro 2016

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think Portugal's salt production is gonna be able to handle this demand.

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Oh well. Overall, it can't be denied that luck has been on Portugal's favor for most of this tournament, but handling the host team without CR7 until the 120° minute and win was quite a feat regardless, so grats to them.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lei Shi View Post
    Shut up, we won against the world cup winners, no other team can say that about themselves. Certainly not Portugal, who would have been wrecked by the Germans.
    Both France and Portugal would have been wrecked by Germany if they stumbled on them earlier. You should thank us for softening them up back at quarters.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thank fuck this thread closes soon and we can get back to the usual non-nationalistic bantz in the league thread.

Euro 2016 ended, why is this thread even open? havent seen a single constructive post in the last few pages that would convince me of leavng this thread open...just gloating and flaming and complaining..

Quote Originally Posted by Ptolemay View Post
    Euro 2016 ended, why is this thread even open? havent seen a single constructive post in the last few pages that would convince me of leavng this thread open...just gloating and flaming and complaining..
    You've never posted in this thread, or any other football thread, and are coming in here telling us when it should be closed? Fuck off lmao.

Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Thank fuck this thread closes soon and we can get back to the usual non-nationalistic bantz in the league thread.
    Can't wait for all the summer-only posters to leave and we can get back to the real business of flaming each others clubs and telling each other what fake fans they are.
    Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    I'm glad you brought up IQ, the last standardised IQ test I took I scored a 127, the threshold for 'Genius' is 140, and the threshold for 'Gifted Genius' is 165+, based on the fact the global average IQ is 84, and the fact you're likely Americanwhere the national IQ is BELOW the global average and falling consistently which has led to calls for global intervention in your abysmal education system, I feel you have VERY LITTLE room to talk about IQ levels, but thanks for trying.

10+ Year Old Account
    Too right durrty, these fairweather posters aren't up to scratch.

Quote Originally Posted by GranitXhaka29 View Post
    You've never posted in this thread, or any other football thread, and are coming in here telling us when it should be closed? Fuck off lmao.

Can't wait for all the summer-only posters to leave and we can get back to the real business of flaming each others clubs and telling each other what fake fans they are.
    Chelsea: 6
    Arsenal: 0

22.03.2014 - Never Forget.

10+ Year Old Account
    Apparently somewhere whipping Portuguese prisoners
    Quote Originally Posted by FrankLampard View Post
    Chelsea: 6
    Arsenal: 0

22.03.2014 - Never Forget.
    I'd come with a witty retort but then I realized I don't support a specific club.

10+ Year Old Account
    Christ. I can see why people voted leave after the last few pages.

An awful lot of bitter and underlying jealousy here. Not the greatest tournament ending but not as shit as 2004.

Most people aren't even pissed at Portugal winning but Ronaldo winning. It's like either he came into your house and shit on your cornflakes or you're a Messi fan who just saw his rival achieve what he failed at.

Anyway, grats Portugal. Won't celebrate as you're still not forgiven for that farce in 2004.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Northern Goblin View Post

An awful lot of bitter and underlying jealousy here. Not the greatest tournament ending but not as shit as 2004.

Most people aren't even pissed at Portugal winning but Ronaldo winning. It's like either he came into your house and shit on your cornflakes or you're a Messi fan who just saw his rival achieve what he failed at.

Anyway, grats Portugal. Won't celebrate as you're still not forgiven for that farce in 2004.
    What part of 2004 exactly wa a farce? A small country winning the Euro cup? oh boohoo

Quote Originally Posted by Northern Goblin View Post

1. I have been a Portugal supporter - as a Belgian - for 50 years now. Ever since Eusebio, I remember as a very young kid that player was incredible. They always had bad luck too. I remember an injured and crying Eusebio in the WC in England in 66...

2. Most of the time it is the country that plays technically a superb game, but they were always beaten by playing too openly.

3. I knew before this EChamp they would have a chance as the player base was far more talented than most observers estimated. 2 deciding factors helped: they had an equal capable substitute on EVERY position except Ronaldo and their coach is a highly capable coach to see through a tactical situation (BOTH of these things lacked in most teams).

4. I am VERY glad for CR7. He has broken every record ON the field. More Euro goals than anyone else (incuding "hormone growth" Messi), more Club goals and a zillion other field records with an incredible technique and - most important to me - extremely talented 2 feet AND head.

It is for players like Ronaldo that people come to watch football/soccer.

Now after reviewing the match a second time, I think the French got VERY lucky that he was injured after 13 minutes or they would have taken a beaten of more than 1-0.

----

As to the Germans, they had the BEST team over all, but they forgot to bring along a second target man in front. Most important thing in football is ... scoring and Müller is not a target man ... Huge error by their coach.
    Last edited by BenBos; 2016-07-11 at 08:28 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GiefEpixe View Post
    Let's talk about how pointless possession is once Pep has turned your town rival into a ball hogging juggernaut. You'll be amazed how hard it'll be to beat them. LVG is only the poor man's version when it comes to that strategy.
    Because at Barca, that had nothing to do with having some of the best players in the world; Busquets, Iniesta, and Messi? And how he was so successful in the Champion' League with Bayern Munich? He had one competitor for only 2 of his seasons in the Bundesliga. He's going to find the Premiere League a whole new experience.

Of course, there are some teams that play well without the ball and some get lucky from time to time. Consistently, the team focusing on dominating possession and thereby dictating the course of a game will come out on top, though.
    It helps, but it's not the end all. Shit, you're cheering how Portugal just won the Euros by playing without the ball but ranting on how it's the most important thing?

Quote Originally Posted by Lei Shi View Post
    At least we win our games during regular time, while you can only draw and get wins through lucky potshots during extra time and penalties.
    6 draws and 1 win against a severely weakened Wales is no accomplishment at all.
    After reviewing the match a second time, I concluded France was very lucky by eliminating CR7 after 15 minutes. French defense lost its head several times and you could pinpoint the moments a fresh Ronaldo would have finished them much sooner.

Also Portugal had very bad luck in their group games. A team that overcame that extreme bad luck only goes stonger in tournaments as the Portugese team is MUCH more talented than most thought. They have a 1/1 substitute on every place. Look at their mid fielders: an incredible number of equally talented players. It is a luxe situation that you can bring in your "10" Moutinho deep into the second half. And a few talented midfielders didnt even play just like others who walked over Wales...

And by talent I mean technically they are mostly superior to their direct competitor. Just compare their positions one on one.... and then ... compare their substitutes with ANY other team in this EC. Pogba was VERY bleak and Carvalho simply played the better game as a "6". The same goes for other positions too.

Belgium had to replace 2 defenders and ... these guys were not even fit to play decently in a national competition.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    Ugly tournament with bad football, and the ugliest team won. Shades of 2004. Portugal may have won, but it's a win no one will take seriously, just like 2004.
    It pretty much shows how a Dutchman thinks when he can't even participate in a football contest.

I am pretty sure Portugal has more (upcoming) talent then the Netherlands. Next time, try to win against Iceland .... and at least belong to the ... 24 European countries that DID qualify

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Acidbaron View Post
    One of the worst teams in the tournament that didn't win a single game in the group stage is going to win.

2004 all over again
    it shows you don't know anything about football and watch too many Belgian/Dutch TV shows where most commentators are blind or simply idiots... .

You DO KNOW that in our 1 Division Clubs the women teams play training matches against U13 and U14 males... and the last match I saw it was 3-0 for the U13 ....after 20 minutes, then I left shaking my head.

It is great to have discussions, but at least let some people discuss things that actually are playing the game at a serious level and not some 70 year olds and/or play women soccer ...

I mean what is a female person doing as a football commentator about a man's sport when she can't even win duels against 13 year old boys ??? These are complete different sports actually and it is almost a joke to watch these commentators proclaim things they have no clue about.

Next time the VRT they should invite U13's in the studio...
    Last edited by BenBos; 2016-07-11 at 09:16 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BenBos View Post
    it shows you don't know anything about football and watch too many Belgian/Dutch TV shows where most commentators are blind or simply idiots... .

You DO KNOW that in our 1 Division Clubs the women teams play training matches against U13 and U14 males... and the last match I saw it was 3-0 for the U13 ....after 20 minutes, then I left shaking my head.

It is great to have discussions, but at least let some people discuss things that actually are playing the game at a serious level and not some 70 year olds and/or play women soccer ...

I mean what is a female person doing as a football commentator about a man's sport when she can't even win duels against 13 year old boys ??? These are complete different sports actually and it is almost a joke to watch these commentators proclaim things they have no clue about.

Next time the VRT they should invite U13's in the studio...
    Thank you for showing your misogynistic feelings i guess, not sure what else you're rambling about. Since you're making absolutely no sense what so ever.

Also if you are expecting any one who watches football to take the comments before during and after serious by commentators you must be new to watching sports.

Deleted
    It was sadly the not-so-enjoyable to watch game most expected. Portugal played really well in the defensive, but didn't really do much in the offense. France was lacking good ideas in their game, and the very few chances they had they fucked up - or Rui Patricio got them out. And it seemed they also didn't want to risk opening up too many rooms, so except for the final minutes their attacks seemed not pressing enough.

Anyway: Gz Portugal!
    Last edited by mmoc48c29aaf6e; 2016-07-11 at 10:22 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hulkgor View Post
    PORTUGAL CARALHO!
    This is what i'm am thinking....

... and how great a captain Ronaldo is .

Quote Originally Posted by Ptolemay View Post
    Euro 2016 ended, why is this thread even open?
    Then just ignore this thread if you don't like it maybe?

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Was listening to the game last night as I was driving down the motorway, was it as boring to watch as it was on the radio? lol. It sounded like a really dull game for a final, the commentators even compared Portugal to Greece in 2004.

On the plus side the most unlikable man in international football going off injured was a highlight of the tournament haha.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sahlamuhla View Post
    What part of 2004 exactly wa a farce? A small country winning the Euro cup? oh boohoo
    Hrs talking about Campbell's disallowed goal mate.