Poll: Add this feature?

Page 1 of 5
... LastLast
    Deleted

I think they should add "Traitor" feature. Race swapping faction.

Why?

Imagine you hate every race of the faction your guild plays. Every moment raiding and playing turns into an annoyance. You long to love your character but can't.

Why not add a traitor feature? Either long and in-game expensive, or sold for real currency. Gate it behind effort or price to keep it down if they want to keep the original races to their factions for lore etc. Only those who really want it would do it then.

Alliance orc traitor or Horde dwarf traitor, whatever you please.

Thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by Kazim View Post
    Why?

Imagine you hate every race of the faction your guild plays. Every moment raiding and playing turns into an annoyance. You long to love your character but can't.

Why not add a traitor feature? Either long and in-game expensive, or sold for real currency. Gate it behind effort or price to keep it down if they want to keep the original races to their factions for lore etc. Only those who really want it would do it then.

Thoughts?
    My first thought? No.

My second thought? Noooooooooooooooo. Pandaren were a terrible idea and perfect example of this, Not being able to distinguish at a distance the faction of a player is goddamn stupid idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Quincey View Post
    Pandaren were a terrible idea and perfect example of this, Not being able to distinguish at a distance the faction of a player is goddamn stupid idea.
    Yeah. This would make PvP confusing as all hell. Not even mentioning the amount of trolling such an option would open up. Ugh.

My first thought? No.

My second thought? Noooooooooooooooo. Pandaren were a terrible idea and perfect example of this, Not being able to distinguish at a distance the faction of a player is goddamn stupid idea.
    I thought the red nameplate & the sword icons were obvious enough.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kazim View Post
    Why?

Thoughts?
    OP, to me it makes sense lore wise that there would be turncoats among the other factions, maybe not so much on a race by race basis but still. However, if it was implemented you would get so many "traitors" on the opposing faction that in faction specific capitols the game would look like it was factionless, or at least just one faction. If it would ever be implemented I would be all for, and think it would require, having the traitors not allowed in the capitol cities but instead have their banks/auctioneers/etc be in a town or outpost near the city instead.

10+ Year Old Account
    I want to play ud rogue since I start as ud, but also I do not wanna leave my guild or switch faction...so blizz plz give us that option...I mean if we can have holy cow as pala...

Deleted
    So you want go to the other faction because you dont like certain characters but... With a traitor system those characters you dont like could also become traitors and you would be screwed again! At the long run a lot of traitors would be in both factions. Then what?

Sorry but I don't buy your idea.

Why don't we all hold hands and merge both factions into one?

FOR AZEROTH

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    Yeah. This would make PvP confusing as all hell. Not even mentioning the amount of trolling such an option would open up. Ugh.
    I have to disagree with this,

We have plenty of toys which alter appearances and I've never seen anyone complain of seeing a blood elf on the alliance team.

I'd love to have this option, I've always wanted my human to be part of silvermoon city.

That being said, I think having it as a general option to the entire player base would be over kill and it would be pointless in having factions. At the same time, only letting a handful of people have that option is also a terrible idea, because I'm all for everyone being entitled to everything / entitlement to having the opportunity to everything.

So my vote would be no, this shouldn't come into play and we should stick to faction change paid feature.

Quote Originally Posted by Pantalaimon View Post
    I thought the red nameplate & the sword icons were obvious enough.
    Pretty much this, it wouldn't affect faction recognition at all. Go for it, in my opinion.

My first thought? No.

Exactly what I think.

Deleted
    No no and no. I dislike it. You can pay for a faction change, isn't that enough ? You really want "world of holding-hands craft" ?

Quote Originally Posted by Nayami View Post
    Why don't we all hold hands and merge both factions into one?

FOR AZEROTH
    Because that would be too logical and require them to admit that:

1) "War" can exist outside of Alliance vs. Horde
    2) There is nothing even remotely resembling "war" between the Horde and the Alliance, especially in the form of in-game PvP
    3) Their story relies on that as a crutch, and probably wouldn't get very far without the occasional "KILL ALL ORCS/HUMANS" cry, and
    4) That races other than Orcs and Humans exist and might actually be important on occasion

Edit: Oh, I'm sorry, you were trying to say it was a bad idea that the player base might be able to play the races they like without an artificial faction system splitting them in half.... my bad.

My first thought? No.

red name/nameplate = enemy. even if you're colorblind there's addons for that. i'd question the intelligence of someone that was confused by a pandaren.

10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly, I've never really had an issue with the idea of choosing your faction no matter what race you play as. Blizzard does, however. From what I've read, they mostly use the excuse that for PvP reasons, they want people to know what faction a character is as soon as they see the model and structure. Apparently a specifically coloured name plate isn't a big enough alert for the player base according to Blizzard.
    To me, it's a bit of an archaic principle to base the decision off, and I honestly think it's much easier than saying; 'The vocal WoW community is tremendously toxic, and we can not be arsed dealing with people who want to join the Alliance as an orc, but who will then complain that questing and story-line don't make sense from an orc perspective, nor does Stormwind have somewhere for the Orcs to call "their spot" within it'.

It's not a bad idea, I just doubt it will ever happen. Blizzard tend to shoe-horn a lot of PvP into the story-line to give credence to the ongoing Alliance-Horde conflict, whilst also pushing for "stronger together" morals between them. The game would probably benefit more from less PvP story and for it to be justified as a good "side-game", resource conflict, or battle spectacle rather than trying to put it in for "reasons".
    Last edited by Tyranastus; 2016-07-11 at 12:26 PM. Reason: Because my English was bad, and I felt bad.

Have you ever done RBGs or Arenas?

You don't fight a specific race. You fight a red nameplate.

This is also an elegant solution to racials issue. Right now in the name of game balance racials have to be unremarkable and irrelevant to progression. (Just think of all the QQ around the Human racial for pvp, Orc and Troll for PvE). But this would essentially solve that problem.
    Last edited by Mihalik; 2016-07-11 at 12:28 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Hardly. It's never been an issue for people on games where any race can be a part of any faction.

That said this feature wouldn't suit WoW for story and lore purposes. The alliance vs horde conflict is a race war more than an ideology war. Allowing any race in any faction would dilute that.

Fuck yes. There's a number of characters in the lore that aren't a part of the faction that they'd be in game and I think it would be a cool little thing players could do aswell.

Deleted
    That would completely destroy the faction identity, something blizz has tried to uphold since day one.
    Hell they choose the establish it in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by Chitika View Post
    That would completely destroy the faction identity, something blizz has tried to uphold since day one.
    Hell they choose the establish it in the first place.
    Why? What does faction identity have to do with ingame race?

70% of the guys screaming For the Horde from the top of their lungs play Blood Elf (which are just pretty humans) or faction change on a dime as soon as there is some advantage of being this or that race.

Racial identity in WoW has little to nothing to do with Faction identity.

Quote Originally Posted by darkwarrior42 View Post
    Because that would be too logical and require them to admit that:

1) "War" can exist outside of Alliance vs. Horde
    2) There is nothing even remotely resembling "war" between the Horde and the Alliance, especially in the form of in-game PvP
    3) Their story relies on that as a crutch, and probably wouldn't get very far without the occasional "KILL ALL ORCS/HUMANS" cry, and
    4) That races other than Orcs and Humans exist and might actually be important on occasion

Edit: Oh, I'm sorry, you were trying to say it was a bad idea that the player base might be able to play the races they like without an artificial faction system splitting them in half.... my bad.
    WoW should have been like this and early Alpha allowed you to groups and talk with opposing faction players. There is no reason we can't group with opposing faction members for PvE content. Can keep PvP the way it is for a competitive sport in game and for lore. But for PvP we should be able to communicate and group up. The fall of the LK, DW and Garrosh show that we are better unified