Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    No it isn't. In order for a used game to be used it must be sold new and that's where developers got money. With G2A the keys are stolen and company's have to do charge backs. Just because the game cost them $30 doesn't mean the charge back will give them $30. Charge backs hurt the credit of the company and in the end normally cost more then what is lost "Depending".

The rest of what you said is true.

G2A is worse then pirating. You can't prove pirating is a lost sell but G2A is and even cost them more.
    Yeah, I've worked at a used game store as a clerk for two years. What I meant is that its the same concept - basically, businesses makes no money from a used game. If a game is traded twice, thrice and more, game devs lose a lot of money, which is worse when you consider most games only have a ten dollar discount. But I agree that at least the game made profit once, contrarily to G2A.

Beside, I strongly believe G2A is cancer. We already have enough challenging way of promoting games without having a business that fakes legitimity on top of it.
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

Quote Originally Posted by BloodElf4Life View Post
    Yeah, I've worked at a used game store as a clerk for two years. What I meant is that its the same concept - basically, businesses makes no money from a used game. If a game is traded twice, thrice and more, game devs lose a lot of money, which is worse when you consider most games only have a ten dollar discount. But I agree that at least the game made profit once, contrarily to G2A.

Beside, I strongly believe G2A is cancer. We already have enough challenging way of promoting games without having a business that fakes legitimity on top of it.
    No they don't. Because just like pirating you can't prove those people would buy it new if that was the only way to get it.

You can assume its a lost of sell but no proof that it is.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

10+ Year Old Account
    No they don't. Because just like pirating you can't prove those people would buy it new if that was the only way to get it.

You can assume its a lost of sell but no proof that it is.
    I hear you on this. There are probably a lot of people who wouldn't buy some games if they were new. My example was something that happened a lot where I worked, where people would pay 50 instead of 60 - of course saving ten dollars is nice, but it's hardly a make or break deal. Used games were much more interesting for games that were released several months to years before, where the price would be marginally weaker than the game which was, most of the time, full price.

I worked there, so of course I support the used games' market. It's just that it's not true that industries does not lose boxes money on this. As if this actually hurt their overall budget, it depends on a lot of factors, but I believe that generally it's more beneficial. They don't lose money on older games, just on new releases - it's a direct money loss for an indirect gain (more fans and supporters, for instance).
    Google Diversity Memo

[...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

I hear you on this. There are probably a lot of people who wouldn't buy some games if they were new. My example was something that happened a lot where I worked, where people would pay 50 instead of 60 - of course saving ten dollars is nice, but it's hardly a make or break deal. Used games were much more interesting for games that were released several months to years before, where the price would be marginally weaker than the game which was, most of the time, full price.

I worked there, so of course I support the used games' market. It's just that it's not true that industries does not lose boxes money on this. As if this actually hurt their overall budget, it depends on a lot of factors, but I believe that generally it's more beneficial. They don't lose money on older games, just on new releases - it's a direct money loss for an indirect gain (more fans and supporters, for instance).
    I see your point and accept there could be a chance but like I said before nothing is proven.

On top of that they can make money off of DLC sells. For Example guy buys skyrim used but gets all the DLC.

With G2A its a 100% net loss due to charge backs. Even more so since Charge backs cost them more.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

10+ Year Old Account
    I see your point and accept there could be a chance but like I said before nothing is proven.

On top of that they can make money off of DLC sells. For Example guy buys skyrim used but gets all the DLC.

With G2A its a 100% net loss due to charge backs. Even more so since Charge backs cost them more.
    Yeah, I just cannot stand G2A. In its current form, it's a cancer that needs to be removed.
    Google Diversity Memo

Yeah, I just cannot stand G2A. In its current form, it's a cancer that needs to be removed.
    Agreed.

/10char

I like how this thread degenerated into just assuming that all the keys on g2a are fraudulent. I don't have any reason to defend G2A but that's just silly. I doubt even 1% of the number of keys sold daily on G2A were obtained using fraudulent means.Still sucks i guess but as long as the offer working products at a lower price than the competition people( including myself ) will continue to use them happily.

10+ Year Old Account
    I cannot stand the gaming industry in it's current form. Release games that are practically still in beta, patch stuff up after players find bugs, roadmap a giant amount of DLC and Season Pass stuff, ask €60,- for a base game and add about €100 worth of DLC on top if, lure people in with pre-order bonus crap.

I'm glad G2A is around, because if it's offered there for €25 instead of €60 I'd feel a little less soar when a game sucks balls.
    Ryzen 7 5800X - RX 6900 XT
    Gigabyte B550 AORUS PRO - Crucial Ballistix DDR4 32GB 3600Mhz - Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280
    Corsair 4000D Airflow - 1x ASUS 27" VG27AQ - 2x iiyama 24”

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nutricul View Post
    I cannot stand the gaming industry in it's current form. Release games that are practically still in beta, patch stuff up after players find bugs, roadmap a giant amount of DLC and Season Pass stuff, ask €60,- for a base game and add about €100 worth of DLC on top if, lure people in with pre-order bonus crap.

I'm glad G2A is around, because if it's offered there for €25 instead of €60 I'd feel a little less soar when a game sucks balls.

I do it the easy way. I don't buy games I know I won't like. After 20+ years of gaming it isn't that hard for me to see if I will like a game or not.

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeJoe View Post
    I do it the easy way. I don't buy games I know I won't like. After 20+ years of gaming it isn't that hard for me to see if I will like a game or not.
    With as much info that's out there before a game releases if anyone buys a bad game its there fault. So I 100% agree and I say this as someone who has bought bad games.

10+ Year Old Account
    With as much info that's out there before a game releases if anyone buys a bad game its there fault. So I 100% agree and I say this as someone who has bought bad games.

I mean I have bought games I didn't like, but I bought them knowing there is a good chance I would not like it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh man, you're gifted then.
    Whenever I'll consider buying a game I'll consult you first, because I surely didn't know Division would be a wreck as it is, that Diablo 3 wouldn't be any good until 2 years in, that Destiny would be a mess first year, that The Order had the length of two good sunday morning farts, that Batman Arkham Knight would run so terrible on PC despite Rocksteady's good rep, that Borderlands Pre-Sequel was the same game even tho it was advertised as a revolutionary new thing, that Sim City 2013 would be the worlds worst gamelaunch ever, that Assassins Creed would have so many visual bugs you'd hardly believe they even tried to play the game before they called it gold. Shall I continue?

If I had just asked you, then I wouldn't have bought all those triple A games that you'd expect to be top of the line for the €60 bucks they cost retail. Those days are gone. Developers ship half baked titles to the consumer with the afterthought of "oh whatever we missed when Jerry and Nadine did QA testing will be patched out at some point". And that is what for me personally justifies buying games at G2A.
    Gigabyte B550 AORUS PRO - Crucial Ballistix DDR4 32GB 3600Mhz - Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh man, you're gifted then.
    Whenever I'll consider buying a game I'll consult you first, because I surely didn't know Division would be a wreck as it is, that Diablo 3 wouldn't be any good until 2 years in, that Destiny would be a mess first year, that The Order had the length of two good sunday morning farts, that Batman Arkham Knight would run so terrible on PC despite Rocksteady's good rep, that Borderlands Pre-Sequel was the same game even tho it was advertised as a revolutionary new thing, that Sim City 2013 would be the worlds worst gamelaunch ever, that Assassins Creed would have so many visual bugs you'd hardly believe they even tried to play the game before they called it gold. Shall I continue?

If I had just asked you, then I wouldn't have bought all those triple A games that you'd expect to be top of the line for the €60 bucks they cost retail. Those days are gone. Developers ship half baked titles to the consumer with the afterthought of "oh whatever we missed when Jerry and Nadine did QA testing will be patched out at some point". And that is what for me personally justifies buying games at G2A.

It's called not having to buy the game on day one. Give it a week and let others get shafted while you sit back and laugh at them for being stupid and buying a game day one.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's called not having to buy the game on day one. Give it a week and let others get shafted while you sit back and laugh at them for being stupid and buying a game day one.
    That's not the essence of my argument.
    Triple A developers shove crap to consumers asking prices on the border of being stupidly expensive. I see no reason to avoid G2A and give developers the full retail price ''they deserve". These games should work day one. It's nonlogical to say 'well just don't buy it day one'.
    Last edited by Nutri; 2016-07-11 at 11:55 AM.

Triple A developers shove crap to consumers asking prices on the border of being stupidly expensive. I see no reason to avoid G2A and give developers the full retail price ''they deserve". These games should work day one. It's nonlogical to say 'well just don't buy it day one'.
    The bolded isn't true and has been proven. Gaming now (Even the cost of AAA titles) is cheaper then it has ever been.

Also to ur above rant....don't buy a game day 1 and also expect MMO games to change daily.

I also bought the Division and even wasted $50 on the season pass. That isn't ubisoft's fault its mine for jumping the gun. Buying a bad product (Game) is the fault of the consumer not the seller. Do your research or take the risk, don't bitch if you decide to take the risk.

10+ Year Old Account
    Do your research or take the risk, don't bitch if you decide to take the risk.
    Don't bitch if I choose to pay 1/3 of retail price. Call it end of discussion?

10+ Year Old Account

You say that, but everyone of those games you complained about. You would have known there were issues if you didn't buy it day one.

- - - Updated - - -

Don't bitch if I choose to pay 1/3 of retail price. Call it end of discussion?

Actually I can bitch as it hurts the developers of games I like. I would honestly rather you pirate games than use G2A.

10+ Year Old Account
    Actually I can bitch as it hurts the developers of games I like. I would honestly rather you pirate games than use G2A.
    I'd say that lacks proof. And I find it odd you advocate pirating games like that while not knowing how much money eventually ends up at the developers through G2A sales. Just one indie studio complaining doesn't really convince me.

I'd say that lacks proof. And I find it odd you advocate pirating games like that while not knowing how much money eventually ends up at the developers through G2A sales. Just one indie studio complaining doesn't really convince me.
    I guess Ubisoft also complaining doesn't matter to you.

To add and this has done been explained many times. You can't prove a loss of sell due to pirating, you can't prove if I pirated GTAV I would buy it legit at some point.

G2A stole keys are a 100% net loss even if they do a charge back.

This has been explained you refusing to understand or read it is not my fault. Yes I will bitch when people try to defend buying stolen products. G2A sells DOES NOT go to the developers at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm gonna end this for myself then. You don't like G2A, I have no beef with them. Endless loop.