Page 21 of 51 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mooboy View Post
    Not really, you either know they're "bad" because you've seen them and don't like them (and even then it's subjective, some people consider Michael Mcintyre a comedian for example) or in your case you think they're "bad", but you've never seen them (or heard of them?!) so you're basing "bad" on what exactly?
    How many unfunny trailers must someone see "comedians" in to tell they aren't funny?

It is clear anyone who doesn't like his movie is Literally Hitler.

I don't really understand. Even as a kid, I thought the Original ghost busters was VERY underwhelming. Entertaining, but far from the best movie I have ever seen. Then this movie comes along and people call it an abomination. Have they even seen the Original movie? Most of the people that crap on this movie hasn't even seen the reboot yet. Why is there a circle jerk for this movie at all? Sure no one asked for it, but it doesen't kill you not to see it?
    Last edited by Candy Cough; 2016-07-11 at 01:19 PM.
    An'u belore delen'na

The original Ghostbusters was a Saturday morning kid show in the 70s.

The 80s flick was an original romp to me.

7+ Year Old Account
    Just read the reviews seems like a good or above average movie.

females should stop ruining successful male movies such as this. quit riding the coattails of men.
    Last edited by Herbert; 2016-07-11 at 02:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    I tried to get my kids to watch the originals but they didn't like them, saying "this boring", "I don't like old looking movies", "why do the ghosts look fake?"....

It's to be expected. As a kid, I generally viewed my dads old movies the same way.
    I guess it depends on how much of the newer stuff they've seen. It's kinda like how your kids might love an NES if they've never played on any of the newer systems. But if they've already played games on an XBox One, they probably won't be able to get past the pixel graphics/sound quality on an NES enough to enjoy the games.

I was kind of the other way around as a kid when it came to movies. Even then (I was born in 1985), I loved the older black and white stuff. But then I guess the changes in picture quality from old VHS tapes on one of those huge TVs from the 80s/90s vs DVDs/BluRay on a modern TV is a bit more drastic than black and white vs color, so that may be why.

Anyway...got a bit off topic there. I loved the Ghostbusters cartoons as a kid (even had one of those glow-in-the-dark ghost traps you could open with the little air pump, which was awesome), but I still have yet to see the old Ghostbusters movies. So if I saw the new movie, I wouldn't be comparing it to the old ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    im just so sick of the term sjw. its lost all meaning. everytime i see someone seriously use the term i cringe.
    Who used the term except for you? You didn't quote anyone. It's no where on the page. So why are you bringing it up if you hate it so much? Unless you are trying to pick a fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    "CHILDHOODS RUINED!!!"

Also re-posting troll threads from other forums. Nice work.

10+ Year Old Account
    killing the final ghost by shooting it in the dick, in a pro-feminist movie, seems obviously on the nose.
    Last edited by Sierra85; 2016-07-11 at 03:14 PM. Reason: added spoiler tags
    Hi

I'm surprised it would get such good reviews consider first they explain that the proton packs don't kill ghosts, then they use them to kill ghosts

I mean that's a fairly critical error. And considering how harsh the critics were on warcraft for logical consistency I would have to question the reason for the different standard.

Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    I'm surprised it would get such good reviews consider first they explain that the proton packs don't kill ghosts, then they use them to kill ghosts

I mean that's a fairly critical error. And considering how harsh the critics were on warcraft for logical consistency I would have to question the reason for the different standard.
    Reviews of professional critics probably don't mean anything when every country has 20 far left leaning news sites and they have been trying to one up one another with their agenda for months, ironically declaring it to be the best movie without having seen it while calling every fan on the internet mesoggykneest for doing the same. Let's see how the viewers rate them and how the sales go, that will be the best barometer. If it is still in cinemas in 4 weeks then maybe they actually made a great movie, I mean enough people like the brides maid and other chick flick garbage, so there might be an audience. Heck, Adam Sandler movies have an audience.

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    Reviews of professional critics probably don't mean anything when every country has 20 far left leaning news sites and they have been trying to one up one another with their agenda for months, ironically declaring it to be the best movie without having seen it while calling every fan on the internet mesoggykneest for doing the same. Let's see how the viewers rate them and how the sales go, that will be the best barometer. If it is still in cinemas in 4 weeks then maybe they actually made a great movie, I mean enough people like the brides maid and other chick flick garbage, so there might be an audience. Heck, Adam Sandler movies have an audience.
    Yeah but with good reviews it could still do well even if its a shitty movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    Yeah but with good reviews it could still do well even if its a shitty movie.
    Good reviews only help you past the first one or two weeks, then usually word-of-mouth advertising takes over. If people genuinely like or hate it, it is hard to keep false advertising relevant, besides critics are vastly overrated. The oh so terrible star wars prequels were far more positive received when they originally aired than most people today like to give them credit for.

From a marketing standpoint, I'm curious. I've seen Progressive Insurance and Subway ad's focusing on the movie, and a couple others I forget now. Granted, I'm sure I've seen movie tie ins with fast food for like, Star Wars and the like, but even if it IS a success, this movie seems a lot lower $ target than the others.

So anyway, am I just noticing the tie ins more because of the discussion about the movie, or did Sony really pimp this movie out more than others?
    "I only feel two things Gary, nothing, and nothingness."

being from denmark scandinavia, i have yet to see a single add for the movie.

being on the internet though, i have seen the previews and then again, i kinda wish i didnt.

im born in 1977 and grew up with the original Ghostbusters + 80ies cartoons, and the way i feel about the new movie is pretty much a 0 of 5 without having watched the movie.. they might aswell have named it something else and maybe gotten a 3 of 5 from me, however so far im not impressed. i sure do hope the movie is ace though.

I haven't seen any "good" reviews, mostly middle of the road reviews. Dark Horizon's posted an article with a comp. of a bunch. Pretty much the movie is meh, but the actors work well together - which is pretty much what I was telling people. The Core 4 should work well together, and that's what made the original so good, was how well Bill, Dan, and Harold were just so meshed together.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

Who would have thought that left leaning newspapers / magazines "movie critics" rate this agenda driven movie good . Water is wet btw.

Quote Originally Posted by Mokoshne View Post
    killing the final ghost by shooting it in the dick, in a pro-feminist movie, seems obviously on the nose.
    Yeah that is messed up, also screams feminist having Thor work for 3 non-model type women.

Quote Originally Posted by Mokoshne View Post
    Don't forget it's basically the ghostbuster logo being shot in the dick, like a huge fuck you to the franchise on top of it.

Quote Originally Posted by ItachiZaku View Post
    I haven't seen any "good" reviews, mostly middle of the road reviews. Dark Horizon's posted an article with a comp. of a bunch. Pretty much the movie is meh, but the actors work well together - which is pretty much what I was telling people. The Core 4 should work well together, and that's what made the original so good, was how well Bill, Dan, and Harold were just so meshed together.
    There is good reviews, but they are mostly by the very same people who wrote articles bashing "nerd culture" and "manchildren" calling them shit like misogynists scum months ago, like i already said, it's so fucking transparent.
    Almost every single one of these reviews starts going into gender issues and muh patriarchy aswell.
    There is a reason why the top critics, the established reviewers with a large base don't piss about and call it for what it is, average at best.

Don't leave it behind Sony to pay for shills either, they have done it before and gotten dragged to court for it.
    http://furiousfanboys.com/2016/07/so...eview-youtube/

As with OITNB, I don't understand why they need to make every male ridiculous. In my view it just ruins their cause, as it comes out as petty.