10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chelly View Post
    Is it hard to get gear as good as the main quest rewards for your second class?
    No. If you craft.
    You can level another class, I would recommend spamming dungeons. Unless you want yet another DPS class then enjoy the suffering. :<

Chelly
    Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    No. If you craft.
    You can level another class, I would recommend spamming dungeons. Unless you want yet another DPS class then enjoy the suffering. :<
    Eugh crafting.
    Guess I'll give tanking a shot. Thanks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Eugh crafting.
    Just ask around in your guild. The lv 15 starter set can be made from vendor mats for like 500 gil by a max level crafter and that set will last you till 30.
    Then at 30 said crafter can almost as easily make you a 30 set which lasts to 40.
    At 40 the set lasts to 50 at which point you can go the Garlond gear route.

Post 50 I would just gobble up what dungeons throw at you. It's typically sufficient, since you don't level that crazily fast compared to low level.

Chelly
    Just ask around in your guild. The lv 15 starter set can be made from vendor mats for like 500 gil by a max level crafter and that set will last you till 30.
    Then at 30 said crafter can almost as easily make you a 30 set which lasts to 40.
    At 40 the set lasts to 50 at which point you can go the Garlond gear route.

Post 50 I would just gobble up what dungeons throw at you. It's typically sufficient, since you don't level that crazily fast compared to low level.
    Any link to the sets? Google only gives me the ones with craftmanship stats

10+ Year Old Account
    It's the first thing they can craft for GLA/MAR etc.

It's not a set as in "Tier set" it's simply equipment for every slot designed for tanks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Also at 15 their is a learning hall now that awards gear on par with the 15 dungeon gear. To make it even nicer this includes a bonus 30% xp till 30 ring.

It can be done on your dragoon for the ring(and melee dps set) then a different batch oj a tank to get your tank set ir is really useful actually

Chelly
    It's the first thing they can craft for GLA/MAR etc.

It's not a set as in "Tier set" it's simply equipment for every slot designed for tanks.
    Oh, alright thanks

10+ Year Old Account
    Getting both BTN and CRP up was quite a hassle since I started running out of leve-allowances, but I did it.

Now just need to wait a bit for them to re-stack before starting to bombard next job.

10+ Year Old Account
    Grats Anza. ^^

10+ Year Old Account
    So many crafting jobs required to level-up, pretty much only trying to get them 60 to be ready for next expansion.

So I resubbed and have a Dragoon at lvl ~52, but I'm kinda tired of Dragoons. Should I stick with it to lvl 60 or try out another job? The main issue I have with leveling up another job is that I won't have the main quest item rewards.
    Is it hard to get gear as good as the main quest rewards for your second class?
    You can get mostly the same gear that you get from main story quests by buying them from NPC vendors. The rest of the item slots you can fill up by either the Grand Company or crafting.

So many crafting jobs required to level-up, pretty much only trying to get them 60 to be ready for next expansion.
    That's what I'm trying to do at the moment too. Some I don't mind but some I do like weaver 45-50 was annoying.

10+ Year Old Account
    Some good Sunday it was; got Carpenter 50, Moogle rank 8 and we managed to finally defeat Containment Bay S1T7 (Extreme).

15+ Year Old Account
    hmmm cant seem to get into FFXIV today keep getting 2002 errors when i try to log in....

Sig by Elyssia "When you do things right people won't be sure you've done anything at all"

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Eugh crafting.
    GLD to 34 for cross class skills.
    PUG til 12 for Inner release.
    Level Marauder to 30.
    Unlock WARRIOR.

Only tank class you will need.

Quote Originally Posted by icausewipes View Post
    GLD to 34 for cross class skills.
    PUG til 12 for Inner release.
    Level Marauder to 30.
    Unlock WARRIOR.

Only tank class you will need.
    No harm in leveling each one to see which is your cup of tea, though. I've all the tanks at 60, and for a while I was split between WAR and DRK, up to 50 at least. The skills acquired for DRK from 50-60 put it over the top for me, though. Salted Earth and Plunge pretty much combine 2 of the factors I liked from WoW tanks (death and decay from Death Knight, and charge/intercept from warrior).

I get the love for WAR, though, but DRK simply clicked for me and plays more smoothly for whatever reason. Same sort of thing with the healers, where despite the general consensus that SCH is lolOP or AFK /follow with fairy on sic, I still prefer WHM for the variety of abilities (namely the CC with Holy and the odd times when I would need the single target sleep).

71 of 240 treated sands to go and down to my last crystal sand, got one bonus for the last 49 past the halfway point. This is suffering.

7200 esoterics and 23 crystal sand to go and my dark work is finished just in time for palace of the dead.

Then i will never touch ARF ever again.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    71 of 240 treated sands to go and down to my last crystal sand, got one bonus for the last 49 past the halfway point. This is suffering.

7200 esoterics and 23 crystal sand to go and my dark work is finished just in time for palace of the dead.

Then i will never touch ARF ever again.
    I'm around this area myself but I haven't really spammed ARF yet just been doing daily roulettes and that's about it but I have a long weekend coming up so i'm going to run the heck out of ARF.

Sig by Elyssia "When you do things right people won't be sure you've done anything at all"

Umm.. not to be too mean but any gamer that successfully played Souls games will most likely find raiding boring on a personal skill level.
    You yourself said that you use meters in order to compete against yourself. Well if you weren't doing that and merely played at 80% capacity, you'd still kill the boss unless you gimp on mechanics.

That's why I never felt challenged by Raiding w/o obsessing over WoL/Warcraftlogs in my 9 years. Most of us create the actual challenge ourselves because the encounters typically aren't tuned that brutally. Not even in Mythic/Savage. (exceptions may exist, but most encounters are not that hard)

Ofc there is a whole world of grey to explore between soulcrushingly difficult and AFK-Easy. I too would wish that gamedevs had a little more courage do step into difficult stuff. Weeping City was a good step compared to Void Ark.
    Hmm.. I've never played the souls games (only the predecessor series Kings Field 2/TAC (played as a youngin and beat too). However from various streams I've watched, etc it doesn't look any more difficult than the shit I had to deal with when I did a DMD run-through in the original DMC. I lost 2 Playstation controllers to Nightmare. My chronicles in gaming has never made mythic/savage raiding "boring".

Now that said, I agree that as a generally adept gamer few things are ridiculously difficult, but I will say that isn't my goal or desire. I think that Savage is plenty difficult enough on a personal level to achieve the feeling of satisfaction. I don't see a market for anything PAINSTAKINGLY and ridiculously difficult on a personal level (because then x8 would literally make it impossible).

And herein lies the crux:
    We a a difference in definition.

Our definition
    : If the majority finds sth easy it is objectively easy, despite there being outliers that have a hard time with it.
    Your definition: EVERYBODY needs to find it easy for it to be considered objectively easy by the majority.

Your approach is, simply put: impractical.
    As you have proven yourself: you will never find any activity that will be easy or hard for virtually every human being on this planet.
    I think that this says what I've been trying to say quite well. Anyone who is advocating that it has to be 100% of the populace in order for something to be considered objective is frankly out of their mind. If that was truly the case not only would objectivity not exist, but it would be completely unverifiable.

My bottom line has always been that in the GAMER spectrum, the dungeon tuning in FF14 is mindnumbingly, brain-cell killingly, and painfully non-engaging/boring.

Quote Originally Posted by Graeham View Post
    I just hope we get more 'meaty', engaging content in the future. As much as I love the game it feels like content quickly becomes stale and irrelevant due to how poorly it is tuned. Dungeons aren't particularly difficult but the new Nidhogg fight makes mechanics important enough to lead to a wipe if people ignore them...and in my opinion that is exactly what needs to happen in dungeons as well.
    Agreed.

Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    As was stated before, I think the terms Easy and Difficult here should probably be changed to Simple and Complex because difficulty, when trying to apply the concept across a broad population, will have varying interpretations.

I think a good analogy is diving. Simply diving into a pool is very straight forward and simple, and most people are able to do it rather easily. However, there are those with physical handicaps that make it very difficult or downright impossible to do it or terrible balance and will slip if they try on the side of the pool and end up just falling in. You really can't argue how simple it is to simply dive into a pool, but you can argue how difficult it is for specific individuals to do it based on their abilities. Olympic diving, is obviously more complex, where the object is not just to get into the pool by diving, but also to twist and turn, flip, etc... and then enter the water with as little a splash as possible all while adhering to a very strict technique for positioning and whatnot.
    While I appreciate the response, changing the terms to LITERAL synonyms doesn't change the argument at all. In the Thesaurus they are direct synonyms, therefore changing them is pointless to the discussion.

Now with that out of the way maybe you missed my original statement. I said that GAMERs would undeniably find dungeon content easy. If we were to extrapolate that to your analogy it would like like this:

Any recreational diver would find it irrefutably easy to jump into a pool. See how your analogy works to defend my argument here?

I'm not talking about physically handicapped or people with terrible balance. You don't recreationally dive if you have terrible balance, and honestly even if you did, falling into the pool is still going in, so you'd pass anyway, which STILL supports my argument that the dungeon tuning is laughably easy.

Quote Originally Posted by Berethos08 View Post
    If we were truly being objective, we'd stop at the minimum numbers required when discussing the set difficulty.

The effort required of the player to reach those numbers falls within the objective part, but how difficult they find meeting or exceeding that effort is when it becomes subjective, and it's that second part that leads to the judgment of whether players find something easy or hard.

Which is why I'm being pedantic about calling that judgment an irrefutable statement or fact. It's the one part that is based on opinion and perception.

See above...but really you posted an opinion and treated it as fact. There's no deconstructing that needs to be done there.
    You still don't get it. It doesn't matter how I word it to you or others do. re-read my original message:

It is completely irrefutable to state that the dungeon content in this game is not AFK level easy for even a half competent gamer.

If you want to attempt to actually deconstruct this statement start by finding me a handful of GAMERS who can say that dungeon content in this game is not easy. Go ahead I will wait. Don't get your 80 year old grandmother, or a blind one armed neighbor. Get me actual gamers, PC, console I don't care who have played this game and genuinely believe that dungeons in this game are difficult. If you find a SINGLE ONE, I'll admit I am wrong and that it was strictly my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Gutler View Post
    I'm around this area myself but I haven't really spammed ARF yet just been doing daily roulettes and that's about it but I have a long weekend coming up so i'm going to run the heck out of ARF.
    I have my 240 anima complete and not once did I spam ARF. I did get it on a very frequent basis, though, running level 60 roulette...seemed like I got it 50% of the time minimum. Main reason I despise it is the ilvl cap at 180, which while great for someone on an alt job or a relatively fresh 60, for folks like me that are well above that ilvl, it can be rather grumble-inducing...for me it's "where is my spell speed and why am I not seeing 5 digit crits?".

70/80 unidentified for my DRK weapon...should be done this week. Now to craft the items needed.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazela View Post
    I have my 240 anima complete and not once did I spam ARF. I did get it on a very frequent basis, though, running level 60 roulette...seemed like I got it 50% of the time minimum. Main reason I despise it is the ilvl cap at 180, which while great for someone on an alt job or a relatively fresh 60, for folks like me that are well above that ilvl, it can be rather grumble-inducing...for me it's "where is my spell speed and why am I not seeing 5 digit crits?".

70/80 unidentified for my DRK weapon...should be done this week. Now to craft the items needed.
    Well I haven't spammed yet i'm just getting impatient and I want the weapon done ASAP so this weekend will be dedicated ARF spam and 20/80 items for what ever job I choose to do the quest for next (more then likely brd or mch) thanks to all the beastman dailies i'm using to level other classes.
    Last edited by Gutler; 2016-07-11 at 03:49 PM.