Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    The bait was so obvious, everyone still took it >:l

Edit: Did some tests between 688ilvl premade and 743ilvl copied main = same zone and same mobs, no difference between mobs HP.
    Last edited by Adlian; 2016-07-11 at 04:03 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    That happens in lots of games. I'm sure it will work like Skyrim, and have a curve of power to make you feel as if you're still more powerful than a green scrub. Without being able to aoe an entire area.
    It was never Hardcore Vs Casual. It was Socialites Vs. Solo players
    Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    World of Warcraft started life as a Computer Roleplaying Game, where part of the fun of the game experience was pretending to be your character. Stuff like applying poisons and eating food enhanced the verisimilitude of the experience of playing a fantasy character in another world. Now that game has changed to become a tactical arcade lobby game.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    It has to be bold, caps and use the word "fuck" a lot to be true.
    Don't forget the italics

FUCKETY FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK!!!!!!!!111 OMFG BLIZZAARRDDDD!!!!!!!!!!!111 <---------- never a truer statement than right here.

Quote Originally Posted by americandavey View Post
    Again it will not matter, it will take you the same amount of time to kill things wearing greens or wearing raid gear.
    maybe on paper. in reality the best, most optimal, way to play would be to get your artifact, as many legendaries as you can, and fill rest of slots with items that make you hit the lowest mob scaling cap, so HFC set and a bunch of random items.

wouldnt that be great, spend hours and thousands of gold raiding mythic or running mythic+ dungeons to get the best items possible, and once you get out to open world you need put it all down and equip your HFC set and a bunch of greens from questing, if you dont want every boar to be a challenge.

Quote Originally Posted by TheWindWalker View Post
    Exactly. If Blizzard is going to listen to those of us that want "world content" to be relevant after the first month, then this concept of "I got some raid gear, nothing outside a raid should be able to hurt me" has to be left on the side of the road.

To be ready for the next raid/dungeon that is scaled for that item level. As it has always been.
    Just to clarify but it's not always been this way. First off you were never scaled for the next tier, you came into the tier with (at most) the best of the prior tier. Tiers were crafted to the level by the game developers, and there they stayed; Static. With this new ilvl scaling ; raid content stays static but world content moves up with ilvl. So, the drive for people to earn or want better gear to gain an edge over content is gone (other than raiders right?). In trying to keep content relevant...it all but takes any and all drive to do any of the content (for everyone not raiding). In other words....all the did was yet again take world content and make it irrelevant with their up or down design method (give you something wanted...take away something wanted) and put all the focus on the one thing people (and a very vast majority) didn't want...raiding. Why ever bother getting into a raid when a fresh 110 in greens has the exact same experience as the person in mythic epics? Nor will they ever have a chance to jump into a raid and learn the fights, what the point? The vast portion of the game is accessible to them without doing ANY other content!

This on the adverse side with keep the raiding pop super small with a pretty solid chance of ZERO growth. People aren't going to want to do raids now, do you understand what it will do to instanced content? Recruitment? Raiding is not going to have a population anymore.

All this did (if true) is dress up the shoddy content design for the expansion. It's the equivalent of slapping a fresh coat of paint...on a termite infested home. Looks nice, but it's gonna just fall apart.
    Last edited by Nethlord; 2016-07-11 at 03:37 PM.
    If you are progressing through content just to obtain gear, you are doing it wrong. You, in fact, are doing it exactly backwards.
    You are the leader of the Black Harvest, go harvest some squirrels and crack some more nuts. Sir.

Deleted
    Even if what you are seeing is true, which i doubt.

Content staying relevant for longer due to scaling? HOLD THE DAMN PHONE.

Quote Originally Posted by Adlian View Post
    I did noticed this yesterday while i was testing my copied 743ilvl char at 100lvl. Monsters had like 500-700k HP while premade characters they had alot lower. Im not sure why they implemented this, kinda kills the feel of getting gear and getting stronger.
    You sure you didn't just look at mobs that had higher health? I just went on a level 100 with 728 itemlevel and mobs have the exact same health as they did on the 680 premades.

Quote Originally Posted by Phurox View Post
    I don't know what to think about this if it turns out to be true.

Why get better gear if it doesn't matter at all?
    They build a triple A title based on this ideology alone... it's called Diablo 3.

I think someone already showed the proofs that OP is wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by soulzek View Post
    They build a triple A title based on this ideology alone... it's called Diablo 3.
    Well no, in diablo the things only get more difficult if you choose to go up a difficulty, in the same way that mythic dungeons will work. It's also not related to your gear in any way, in the same way world stuff is not affected by gear here in legion.

Quote Originally Posted by Oschpister View Post
    What everyone seem to fail to understand is that if you meet a mob that is scaled for your ilvl 640, that mob will be scaled to your ilvl.. If you have 800 ilvl it will be scaled for your 800 ilvl.. That does not mean that someone with worse gear than you will have an easier time, you will both have roughly the same "difficulty" to kill the mob..

TLDR:
    Low ilvl = low hp and dsp = the mob will have low hp and not hit that hard = suited for your gear.
    High ilvl = high hp and dps = the mob will have higher hp and hit a bit harder = suited for your gear.
    Well, I hope thats not the case. No point in having items at all then.

Can we close this thread down since it's been debunked as bullshit already?

Quote Originally Posted by Rikkof View Post
    Blizzard lied, and this was stealth implemented
    Mobs out in the world will start scaling with your ilevel afetr you reach max level ( not just with your character level).
    They will increase in HP and Armor/Damage done to you, every 30 ilevels you will get, i tested this and is easy for anyone else to test
    It is bullshit, what is the meaning of this shit, while we even botehr to get gear if scrubs in greens will ahve an easier time to kill mobs for skinning , wtf Blizzard ?
    another troll that think he know something but does not.. no Monsters never scaled past 110... and so what? why do u whine if its true? it doesnt matter.

I hope this is true.

If this is even remotely true, would seem silly a person in full mythic gear would be doing the same kill rate as a person in greens. :|

YOU LIE

/rolls eyes

Quote Originally Posted by Cyndre View Post
    I'm looking forward to spend ages killing mobs..

Said no one ever.
    I say that. Some of us...err, many of us do not look at a game and try to blow through things as fast as humanly possible. I know, it is a hrad concept to grab, but we don't all play the game the same as you do. Legion is going to piss alot of people off, and I for one don't care if it does. The game is finally getting back to more of an MMO...where things take time to complete. Content is going to last longer. I am not not going to be completely finished with everything in a month. You people want things easier and faster, but then you are the same people that will complain there is no content.

You can't have both. I am VERY happy it is going to take longer to do things...even if that means taking longer to kill mobs as I go about things. Thank you Blizzard for making the game take longer to advance. Thank you for finally not listening to everyone whining about things being too hard or taking too long to complete. Thank you for finally getting back to an epic adventure that is suppose to be an MMO. The game will last much longer now and not be consumed in a month. We waited roughly 2 years for an expansion, why do you people want to consume it in a month, I will never understand.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by 4dahorde View Post
    I say that. Some of us...err, many of us do not look at a game and try to blow through things as fast as humanly possible. I know, it is a hrad concept to grab, but we don't all play the game the same as you do. Legion is going to piss alot of people off, and I for one don't care if it does. The game is finally getting back to more of an MMO...where things take time to complete. Content is going to last longer. I am not not going to be completely finished with everything in a month. You people want things easier and faster, but then you are the same people that will complain there is no content.

You can't have both. I am VERY happy it is going to take longer to do things...even if that means taking longer to kill mobs as I go about things. Thank you Blizzard for making the game take longer to advance. Thank you for finally not listening to everyone whining about things being too hard or taking too long to complete. Thank you for finally getting back to an epic adventure that is suppose to be an MMO. The game will last much longer now and not be consumed in a month. We waited roughly 2 years for an expansion, why do you people want to consume it in a month, I will never understand.
    Because if what the OP said was true, it would be one extreme to the other. Since it isn't well...it's not a big deal.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    Now I really hope it isn't true and it seems it's not. Can't believe that some of you are going "lol it's OK if it was".

It's just a matter of time before we ask blizzard to either scale down raid bosses to our ilvl or scale us up if we enter something we're not really geared for. And then gearing as a concept will be utterly pointless.