Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by kaintk View Post
    wth guys ? asking if last generation can run WoW ? ^^ i can run it at ultra with a amd hd7700, what next, you will ask us if you 1080 can run minecraft ? :P
    of course you can run wow at ultra with an amd hd7700

but then again playing at 10-20 fps constantly is your choice.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just to the skeptics, it's quite rational to throw a 1070 or a 1080 at WoW 7.0 if you're trying to max settings out at 4K.

On one hand you'll say "Oh, but it's an older engine!" and yep, that's exactly the problem. They've done a lot of work but you can only optimise that old engine so far. For some stuff it'll never be as efficient in terms of raw horsepower as something like Unreal Engine or Frostbite for stuff like view distance and lighting effects. It's an old engine. All the upgrades and modifications are iterative.
    Knowledge is power, and power corrupts. So study hard and be evil.

Quote Originally Posted by skannerz22 View Post
    since youre worried about price
    you don't need a screen that big..
    get 770 gtx and have 2k resolution
    you can run ultra with 180--300 fps in arena, 90-140 fps in older zones or 40-70 in draenor zones depending on local population or view distance(those calculations from my experience were at ultra or high view distance)

don't get the 900 series they are plagued with as many glitches as the 600 series had such as black screens on overwatch or screen tearing on wow, other games crashing more than other cards

if you got money for a 1070 then get that and overclock it's memory to match that of the 1080

bigger resolusions or more screens require bigger graphic card ram

my 770gtx can run 4k fine because it's the 4gig memory version of that series but i don't have a monitor that big so i never use my card's full potential

if your 1070 has 4gig or more if there is any then it will do fine
    but if it has 2gig built in then it would struggle to maintain frame rates with the size without some virtual memory program like skyrim has enb
    the built in ram is what controls the resolution size and/or multiple monitors if you have any

if there is a 1080 2gig but no 4gig but a 1070 4gig then get it
    or if there is a 1080 4gig but only a 1070 2gig then get the 1080 because that extra memory will help a lot since you're after size and/or multiple screens

i had a similar issue
    there was a 790 gtx card but none of them had 4gig of ram and i wanted the extra ram which the 770 had at the time i got my pc built(there were also 900 series yet multiple sites showed they had roughly 3% less performance)

people shouldn't listen to you lol.. gtx 770 can't run 2k games.. and no u wont get anywhere near 300 fps are u just dumb? and no gtx 900 series doesn't have any problems yet again your just stupid. i own a 980 ti no problems. and more Ram wont help idiot..

- - - Updated - - -

cpu doesn't effect frame rate unless you don't have a graphic card

cpu effects loading times and some(but not a lot) relation to ping if you increase task manager priority you could get 5-20% better ping depending on what it's doing

i5 6000 series has 3% roughly less performance than i7 4940k
    and around 1-2% less than i7 4930k cpu

a similar situation was found when comparing 770/780 with 970/980 gtx nvidia cards the 900 series had a similar small percentage less performance than the 700 series(though obviously the 1070 and 1080 would be better than 700 series since bugs are fixed and performance issues fixed for 1070-1080 when comparing those to the 900 series)

this is from what me and my friend read online

also world of warcraft uses an old game engine with mods to generate the world for the art team
    despite improvements they can't fully make wow utilize multiple cores
    so having 700 series or 1000 series nvidia with AMD which has weaker cores would give the most performance

since even the 3% extra performance of 4940k when compared to 6600 is pointless when wow can't utilise the default hyper threading
    please dont talk idiot.. there is no Cpu called 4940k.. and yes Cpu affects Framerate alot lol.. even if u dont have a gpu.. now your just seriously stupid.. so stop giving wrong information. and no u dont really know anything do u ?

Wow is one of the few Mmo that uses 4 cores and even 6 cores very well.. i own a 5830k my self and i see wow take up as much as 60% cpu doing intens raids. so try again troll

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tiphess View Post

also wrong with a hd7700 u wont get anywhere near 20 fps.-

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Klingers View Post
    Just to the skeptics, it's quite rational to throw a 1070 or a 1080 at WoW 7.0 if you're trying to max settings out at 4K.

On one hand you'll say "Oh, but it's an older engine!" and yep, that's exactly the problem. They've done a lot of work but you can only optimise that old engine so far. For some stuff it'll never be as efficient in terms of raw horsepower as something like Unreal Engine or Frostbite for stuff like view distance and lighting effects. It's an old engine. All the upgrades and modifications are iterative.
    nope the engine isnt a problem.. please dont give out false information.. wow is one the few games that optimize and change engines all the time.. last modified with cataclysme to run Dx11 and i am seeing a Dx12 change next expansion.

it doesnt matter how old a engine is if they can make it better..

Quote Originally Posted by Tiphess View Post

on ultra with minimum shadow i have 200 fps in not populated zone like elwynn, around 120 in stromwind, around 50-70 fps in garison zone, same in raid, man when you dont know what you talking about, you should not say anything

just go for a 1070 and get a i7 6700k or i7 5830k

10+ Year Old Account
    don't get the 900 series they are plagued with as many glitches as the 600 series had such as black screens on overwatch or screen tearing on wow, other games crashing more than other cards
    600 and 700 series of cards are essentially the same. GTX 770 is a GTX 680 with slightly higher specced memory. I take it from your post that you really praise the 770, so it doesn't make sense to throw the 600-series in the mud. 900 series and 600 series are fine, for that matter. They are not "plagued" by anything.

[...]
    I think we can dismiss the entirety of your post, in fact. Glad you like your 770, but now you'll have to face that it's old and that people in the market for new cards might get something that is better than yours.

WoW at the moment wants cpu power and when I say power, I mean raw power, not more cores. The higher you can crank up your Ghz's, the more fps you gain in WoW, the 1070 would on its own be enough for GPU power to do 4k, 1080 as well but thats overkill if just doing WoW. However doing 4k on optimised engines like Unreal Engine or Frostbite for example, you need 1080's in sli for 4k to get 60 fps or higher. ( Just look at benchmarks).

Quote Originally Posted by Jin View Post
    WoW at the moment wants cpu power and when I say power, I mean raw power, not more cores. The higher you can crank up your Ghz's, the more fps you gain in WoW, the 1070 would on its own be enough for GPU power to do 4k, 1080 as well but thats overkill if just doing WoW. However doing 4k on optimised engines like Unreal Engine or Frostbite for example, you need 1080's in sli for 4k to get 60 fps or higher. ( Just look at benchmarks).
    u are comparing 3 different engines lols........ obviously wow does not require that much but it still requires a 1070 minimum to run 4k stable in wow. and wow is optimized and revolved around making even people with low end specs play the game fine.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Wries View Post
    600 and 700 series of cards are essentially the same. GTX 770 is a GTX 680 with slightly higher specced memory. I take it from your post that you really praise the 770, so it doesn't make sense to throw the 600-series in the mud. 900 series and 600 series are fine, for that matter. They are not "plagued" by anything.

I think we can dismiss the entirety of your post, in fact. Glad you like your 770, but now you'll have to face that it's old and that people in the market for new cards might get something that is better than yours.
    thats obvious cause Skannerz is a Troll and a bad one.. that lies to people..

i own a 980 ti and i never get any of the problems he so called Plagues.. it's just his stupidy that broke his Gpu

[QUOTE=simonlvschal;41320083]u are comparing 3 different engines lols........ obviously wow does not require that much but it still requires a 1070 minimum to run 4k stable in wow. and wow is optimized and revolved around making even people with low end specs play the game fine.

- - - Updated - - -

I ignored that bit in the post above mine but since you are quoting me, no the WoW engine is not optimised, if it was it would get a lot better performance for everyone, including the 'low spec' players. IF you honestly believe the engine is optimised, you are a bit delusional..

[QUOTE=Jin;41320720]
    Quote Originally Posted by simonlvschal View Post
    u are comparing 3 different engines lols........ obviously wow does not require that much but it still requires a 1070 minimum to run 4k stable in wow. and wow is optimized and revolved around making even people with low end specs play the game fine.

- - - Updated - - -

I ignored that bit in the post above mine but since you are quoting me, no the WoW engine is not optimised, if it was it would get a lot better performance for everyone, including the 'low spec' players. IF you honestly believe the engine is optimised, you are a bit delusional..
    lol your quite delusional by all the bad games and engines.. Tera,rift,wildstar . Yes Wow engine is heavily optimized. otherwise u would see 10-20 fps with high end systems. dont try to talk about things u dont know about.. There is a reason why wow still is the Top MMO. Generally because they have superior quaility in everything.

and if u got bad performence consider this your out of the spec range.. meaning below the minimum requirements. or your simply dumb enough to use wrong graphical settings with to weak hardware. Even at minimum requirements u can still get 30-50 fps and with a 980 ti as i self own i get roughly 300 + fps in most areas and 100+ in raids.

so again dont talk about something u dont know.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Hello virgins.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Klingers View Post

None of those engines support 100+ players in one location let alone using TCP connections. That makes a huge difference in the overhead caused by the networking. Most people overlook this and it's the major source of CPU use when more people are around you such as raids.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Essentia@Cho'gall of Inebriated Raiding.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ssentia/simple
    http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Tharkkun-1222

10+ Year Old Account
    Just get the 1070. If WoW is mostly what you play that's all you'll need and you'll be set for years to come. Even if you decide to go into more demanding games like Witcher 3 or Fallout 4 you'll be able to play them on high settings and you'll be set for at least like 10 years or so. I recently just bought a third party 1070 from Newegg, an EVGA brand. Pretty excited to get it as I have been trying to play Witcher 3 on my GTX 660 and it would freeze on a black screen after like 20-30 min of playing it. I'm suspecting it's my graphics card overheating.

Anyway yeah just go for the 1070. It's a little less powerful then the 1080 but for your needs a 1070 would suit you better. If you want one though you'd better hurry up and get it. I was lucky to have ordered mine when I did because a few hours later it was sold out again. Last time I checked they restocked it on Nvidia's site so you could go on there and order it straight from them if it's still available.
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe

Quote Originally Posted by kaintk View Post
    on ultra with minimum shadow i have 200 fps in not populated zone like elwynn, around 120 in stromwind, around 50-70 fps in garison zone, same in raid, man when you dont know what you talking about, you should not say anything
    i have a card of around the same power (gtx660) and i can assure you with ultra setting in 1080 you don't have around 50-70 during fights in raids.

hell, at medium-high setting i spike under 30 fps quite often during these.

in legion i spike at that fps in a DUNGEON. with 5 people.

if i walk in suramar with medium-high settings im at 35 fps constantly.

im sorry but your card wont run jack shit in ultra in legion, maybe in wod (with a bad raid experience), but not in legion

I believe that poster has a GTX770, which will handle Legion at 1080p just fine. Not locked at 60fps, certainly, but very playable.

GTX 660 is completely outclassed at this point-- for 1080p, pick up a 4GB RX-480 ($200) or if you can swing a bit more cash, a 6GB GTX 1060 ($250).

Quote Originally Posted by Kogarasu View Post
    WoW is more based on CPU than it is GFX. I currently have the G1 gaming 1070 only at 1080 but will be upgrading shortly and my GFX util in WoW with everything max is about 60% so i imagine even with a bigger resolution a 1070 should still be able to handle it well.
    I have an I7 6700k and a 980ti. Wow will max out whatever cores it decides to use and I also getv100% utilization on my 980ti. So wow can be gfx intensive.

Quote Originally Posted by simonlvschal View Post
    Wow is one of the few Mmo that uses 4 cores and even 6 cores very well.. i own a 5830k my self and i see wow take up as much as 60% cpu doing intens raids. so try again troll
    Can you please provide more details on how you are getting the WoW client to use multiple cores on your CPU? Did you adjust the processAffinityMask CVAR by hand?

Admittedly it has been quite awhile since I tried playing with processAffinityMask but I could never get the WoW client to use more than a single core in any meaningful capacity. If you are getting WoW to actually use 4 or 6 cores that would be a huge improvement.

Please share details!

Deleted
    Not keeping up with this threat, but surely the 1070 is capable of running most new games on high/ultra, let alone wow?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kogarasu View Post
    WoW is more based on CPU than it is GFX. I currently have the G1 gaming 1070 only at 1080 but will be upgrading shortly and my GFX util in WoW with everything max is about 60% so i imagine even with a bigger resolution a 1070 should still be able to handle it well.
    This is said a lot, but I find that if you actually do an overlay of usage CPU vs GPU, you will find that as long as your CPU is half decent your GPU will be taxed more.

I personally have an i7-6700k oc'ed to 4.7 GHz with an GTX 1070. In wow on max settings my CPU peaks around 28% usage. My GPU hits 100% in certain areas that are graphic heavy (this is 1440p).

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-Signature by Winter Blossom-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

pc master race damned console peasants
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonus View Post
    Anyway stop being such an ass fucktard.
    Quote Originally Posted by oblivium666 View Post
    Would you kindly go fuck yourself?