Quote Originally Posted by Gutler View Post
    Well I haven't spammed yet i'm just getting impatient and I want the weapon done ASAP so this weekend will be dedicated ARF spam.
    I know the feeling. Once I was past the 200/240 mark, it seemed to slow down a tad until about 220...then I got the "blood in the water" mentality and started doing everything short of ARF spam to finish it off. RNGesus threw me a bone, too; 228/240, with enough umbrite/crystal dust for 3 turn ins on hand...3, 4, then 5.

Oddly enough, for the longest time, I had more of an issue acquiring the dust part, not the Umbrite. I could've remedied that with the leve/vilekin strat, though. I have 30 moonstones on hand currently plus full 100 leves available for the DRK weapon, so if I went ham on those, then I'd be all sorts of starved for umbrite.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazela View Post
    I know the feeling. Once I was past the 200/240 mark, it seemed to slow down a tad until about 220...then I got the "blood in the water" mentality and started doing everything short of ARF spam to finish it off. RNGesus threw me a bone, too; 228/240, with enough umbrite/crystal dust for 3 turn ins on hand...3, 4, then 5.

Oddly enough, for the longest time, I had more of an issue acquiring the dust part, not the Umbrite. I could've remedied that with the leve/vilekin strat, though. I have 30 moonstones on hand currently plus full 100 leves available for the DRK weapon, so if I went ham on those, then I'd be all sorts of starved for umbrite.
    Since I wanst on the current step right when it came out I had time to work getting the sand items before hand so only the umbrite blocks me atm.

Sig by Elyssia "When you do things right people won't be sure you've done anything at all"

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm speechless.. arrived to Moogle place today after reaching Rank 8 and the exp difference is quite nice.

This is what I got 3 weeks ago (June 21.) from these Quests at level 59:

And this is today, also level 59:

Quote Originally Posted by Anzaman View Post
    I'm speechless.. arrived to Moogle place today after reaching Rank 8 and the exp difference is quite nice.

This is what I got 3 weeks ago (June 21.) from these Quests at level 59:

And this is today, also level 59:
    Interesting...I say that because I distinctly remember getting 412k xp per quest from them (at rank 7) for when I had crafting jobs at level 59.

*insert notion about SE giving NA players preferrential treatment*

There are no other sorts of rewards/benefits for rank 8, are there? Haven't seen any posted thus far. I will be rank 8 as of Wednesday.

10+ Year Old Account
    There are no other sorts of rewards/benefits for rank 8, are there? Haven't seen any posted thus far. I will be rank 8 as of Wednesday.
    Nope, just increased exp reward... and well, 3 ventures from the Quest.

Also, I got around that exp too at rank 7 - it was quite nice jump from rank 7 to 8.

- - - Updated - - -

And with that, Goldsmith 60 - 2 down, 6 left.

And I'm still running around with silver accessories (~Lv. 25).. think I'll need to upgrade soon.

I'm still running around with silver accessories (~Lv. 25).. think I'll need to upgrade soon.
    For the moogle quests, probably not. For crafting actual items? Absolutely.

One nice thing, though; the right side pieces crafted from ~56 up to 60 can be melded well enough to carry you all the way to ironworks, if you choose to do so. This thread on Reddit goes over the details. Right now I'm at the part for making carbonweave items from WVR (just have the pants left), then on to LTW for the boots. Then it's a matter of getting the ilvl 200 main hand and making the necessary 170 off hands.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gutler View Post
    Since I wanst on the current step right when it came out I had time to work getting the sand items before hand so only the umbrite blocks me atm.
    I was in a semi-related situation as you were; however, I had my 230 anima done prior to 3.3, so I started saving up every currency I could in preparation for the patch. Started patch day at 18/240 from just those turn ins alone (greatly aided by flipping all the green dungeon gear I had saved into GC seals). Would've gotten further, but at that point, umbrite was the limiting factor, because I had at least 3-4 more turn ins worth of dust ready to go.

10+ Year Old Account
    For the moogle quests, probably not. For crafting actual items? Absolutely.
    There's member in FC with every single crafting capped, so I'm currently calculating all the mats needed and their costs to get full set of Carbonweave, along with nice accessories. Not in rush of getting Ironworks, especially since I'm still missing few critical cross-class skills.

15+ Year Old Account
    There's member in FC with every single crafting capped, so I'm currently calculating all the mats needed and their costs to get full set of Carbonweave, along with nice accessories. Not in rush of getting Ironworks, especially since I'm still missing few critical cross-class skills.
    Honestly, if you spend your kupo nuts on glass fibers you may as well just go for ironworks unless carbonweave is somehow significantly cheaper on your server.

For some odd reason the mats for carbonweave on my server are dirt cheap, often finding the carbon fiber itself for less than 10k, and the other mats are dirt as well, but I can sell the carbonweave for 500k-1m depending on the market of that particular piece.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Quote Originally Posted by Wrecktangle View Post
    While I appreciate the response, changing the terms to LITERAL synonyms doesn't change the argument at all. In the Thesaurus they are direct synonyms, therefore changing them is pointless to the discussion.

Now with that out of the way maybe you missed my original statement. I said that GAMERs would undeniably find dungeon content easy. If we were to extrapolate that to your analogy it would like like this:

Any recreational diver would find it irrefutably easy to jump into a pool. See how your analogy works to defend my argument here?

I'm not talking about physically handicapped or people with terrible balance. You don't recreationally dive if you have terrible balance, and honestly even if you did, falling into the pool is still going in, so you'd pass anyway, which STILL supports my argument that the dungeon tuning is laughably easy.
    Was not trying to argue against you, I agree with you, any gamer should find the dungeons easy. I was just trying to frame why even something that's easy can still be difficult for SOME people. The part where your argument falls apart a little bit is that you keep saying that every GAMER should find the content easy. Well, everyone who plays this game is apparently not a gamer, because we find people in dungeons who find it impossible to play correctly; getting hit with simple avoidable mechanics, don't use the right skills, etc...

Having said that, it doesn't matter if every GAMER that plays this game could play through every dungeon flawlessly, because we don't always get grouped with GAMERS in duty finder, we sometimes get grouped with non-gamers who can't do basic stuff. Hence the discussion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Batman View Post
    Honestly, if you spend your kupo nuts on glass fibers you may as well just go for ironworks unless carbonweave is somehow significantly cheaper on your server.

For some odd reason the mats for carbonweave on my server are dirt cheap, often finding the carbon fiber itself for less than 10k, and the other mats are dirt as well, but I can sell the carbonweave for 500k-1m depending on the market of that particular piece.
    Ironworks is around 1 mil for each piece here, while I got Carbonweave with around 100k piece.

Sadly my Kupo Nuts are still being funneled into relic items.

Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    Well, everyone who plays this game is apparently not a gamer, because we find people in dungeons who find it impossible to play correctly; getting hit with simple avoidable mechanics, don't use the right skills, etc...
    This is key right here. If you are playing FF14. You are a gamer. That is an assumption I make for the purpose of this discussion and I firmly believe the majority of posters in this forum would agree. You may not be a hardcore raider, you may not even be a seasoned MMO'er, but you're still a gamer.

The purpose of my discussion was exactly what you're saying above. Even if you don't play correctly, and eat avoidable mechanics/use incorrect skills you aren't punished. You still clear the dungeon and get full credit with little-to-no penalty. That is the exact point of my OP.

Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    Having said that, it doesn't matter if every GAMER that plays this game could play through every dungeon flawlessly, because we don't always get grouped with GAMERS in duty finder, we sometimes get grouped with non-gamers who can't do basic stuff. Hence the discussion.
    Not 100% sure I follow the second part of your post. I've stated my disagreement with your note of non-gamers playing FF14, but even still not quite following.

However, I will add one piece to this: One assumption to my discussion is that only max level content is concerned. Leveling dungeons can be tuned to teach lower skilled players skills that they may not possess yet. I still believe the game should provide other supplemental ways of doing this, but the tuning here is not nearly as important to the discussion.
    Last edited by Wrecktangle; 2016-07-11 at 08:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrecktangle View Post
    This is key right here. If you are playing FF14. You are a gamer. That is an assumption I make for the purpose of this discussion and I firmly believe the majority of posters in this forum would agree. You may not be a hardcore raider, you may not even be a seasoned MMO'er, but you're still a gamer.

The purpose of my discussion was exactly what you're saying above. Even if you don't play correctly, and eat avoidable mechanics/use incorrect skills you aren't punished. You still clear the dungeon and get full credit with little-to-no penalty. That is the exact point of my OP.

Not 100% sure I follow the second part of your post. I've stated my disagreement with your note of non-gamers playing FF14, but even still not quite following.

However, I will add one piece to this: One assumption to my discussion is that only max level content is concerned. Leveling dungeons can be tuned to teach lower skilled players skills that they may not possess yet. I still believe the game should provide other supplemental ways of doing this, but the tuning here is not nearly as important to the discussion.
    My point is that despite dungeons being super easy, that apparently some completely inept players exist and it's possible to get grouped with them. I've been in several groups that have wiped on Hraesvelgr due to the platform destruction mechanic, barely lived through the moogle boss, die on the first rush from the pegasus boss, die to Megavolt on the snail boss, are incapable of finding the potion in the treasure chest on Mistbeard, cannot figure out that you need to step on the web on the spider boss in WC, always die to Megadeath, fall off the platform on Ozma or kill themselves with the bomb, and are dead most of Calofisteri because they can't dodge her hair....

Yes it's possible to pull through these, but it takes good players to pull the additional weight (usually possible in 24 mans, provided the idiots aren't the tanks or more than a few healers) or for a good player to learn from their mistake and not do it again. In my experience, you can pull through most of the time, but every once and a while you end up with enough stupid to make it impossible to clear.

10+ Year Old Account
    Finally got around trying to craft collectibles, and I'm already longing for those couple missing cross-class skills, haha.

Collected bunch of materials and I'm most likely tomorrow going to get myself Gemkeep's Mallet, and then try to upgrade it later with Red Scrips. It sure was interesting, practically never crafted anything but NQ items and then I'm level 60 with a lot skills, trying to find my way towards Blue and Red Scrips.

15+ Year Old Account
    Red scrips are good temporary gear, or permanent poor man's gear. Crafted gear holds the most potential to be the best, but it costs a lot to pack it full of materia. Although a good bit less now since Ixal dailies give 3 crafter/gatherer materia.

The "best" is to go all crafted so you can get the max 430 unbuffed CP, although only 418 CP is required for some of the higher 3 star rotations. You can get away with that by having ironworks gear/accessories and red scrip tools. Doesn't mean you can't do 3 star, but the optimal rotation requires a lot of CP. I can HQ 3 star from normal quality mats with an almost guaranteed rate of success, have to get really unlucky for it not to happen... but the money saved on mass buying normal mats from suppliers and quick crafting normal quality materials is worth it for a 1/50 NQ.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

15+ Year Old Account
    Last edited by Kaelwryn; 2016-07-12 at 12:23 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaelwryn View Post
    Kind of an Odd way of doing it but I would have loved the MGP ticket and the jandeleir tokens.

Sig by Elyssia "When you do things right people won't be sure you've done anything at all"

No harm in leveling each one to see which is your cup of tea, though. I've all the tanks at 60, and for a while I was split between WAR and DRK, up to 50 at least. The skills acquired for DRK from 50-60 put it over the top for me, though. Salted Earth and Plunge pretty much combine 2 of the factors I liked from WoW tanks (death and decay from Death Knight, and charge/intercept from warrior).

I get the love for WAR, though, but DRK simply clicked for me and plays more smoothly for whatever reason. Same sort of thing with the healers, where despite the general consensus that SCH is lolOP or AFK /follow with fairy on sic, I still prefer WHM for the variety of abilities (namely the CC with Holy and the odd times when I would need the single target sleep).
    PLD and WAR are basically exactly the same. They have identical single target rotations. They vary a little in the AOE department, WAR does more damage. On the other hand PLD does more single target damage and have cooler and more useful situational abilities.

Just about 30 more treatments (assuming no bonuses, but I got 2 back to back for a total of 10 points last night) for this relic step.

I might actually be able to finish the relic before patch next week!

Quote Originally Posted by Faroth View Post
    Just about 30 more treatments (assuming no bonuses, but I got 2 back to back for a total of 10 points last night) for this relic step.

I might actually be able to finish the relic before patch next week!
    You'll definitely get a few more bonus procs within 30 treatments, unless you're one of the unluckiest people alive.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Embriel View Post
    PLD and WAR are basically exactly the same. They have identical single target rotations. They vary a little in the AOE department, WAR does more damage. On the other hand PLD does more single target damage and have cooler and more useful situational abilities.
    Er...we must be playing different games then.

I like the variety of flavor among tanks in this game. Don't think there's any one way to go, even with the general (reddit) census that WAR is the OP god mode tank.

15+ Year Old Account
    when do you start getting bonus procs on the sands i'm at 72 so far and have only got 3 points per.