Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Have any of you used Fingerhunt to start building ur credit.

Just wondering for those who have what is your experience with the site?

I know the items on there are overpriced but that kinda comes with how it works. But I also hear its decent for those to use that have low or no credit and want to start building it up.

So like I said I was wondering how everyone's experience was.

(Not advertising the site to be 100% clear.)

Also if you did what did you get? I have once and got a ps4 controller.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

15+ Year Old Account
    Never heard of it until now (and I'm probably not alone), due to the structure of their business - I would not recommend trying to build credit by paying high markup on mail order lay-aways.

The best way to build credit is to consistently pay debts - every other means is pretty much a scam.
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Yvaelle View Post
    Never heard of it until now (and I'm probably not alone), due to the structure of their business - I would not recommend trying to build credit by paying high markup on mail order lay-aways.

The best way to build credit is to consistently pay debts - every other means is pretty much a scam.
    In the US, at least, that's not entirely true. You have to have debt to pay off, meaning that having any sized line of credit and managing it responsibly can boost your credit score, especially as a new borrower. The trick is not using that line of credit to line your own coffin.
    Last edited by oplawlz; 2016-07-11 at 03:43 PM. Reason: typo
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

10+ Year Old Account
    I agree with Yvaelle. The way I've built credit is just using a credit card (with 1-3% cash back on all purchases) for all my daily purchasing, then pay it off every single month without fail.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

I agree but in the US that can be a bitch. Like oplawlz pointed out.

Ya its a markup on goods but I wouldn't call it a scam.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

Just get a credit card, don't change our spending habits but pay everything on credit card. Pay off said credit card before you incur interest. A lot of department stores even give you one with no credit checks.

Quote Originally Posted by Reeve View Post
    I agree with Yvaelle. The way I've built credit is just using a credit card (with 1-3% cash back on all purchases) for all my daily purchasing, then pay it off every single month without fail.
    That works providing you can get a credit card. I personally got denied everywhere until I was put on my GF's card. Because at the time I had ZERO credit.

The fucked up part about credit in the US is its better to have bad credit then no credit.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by oplawlz View Post
    In the US, at least, that's not entirely true. You have to have debt to pay off, meaning that having any sized line of credit and managing it responsibly can boost your credit score, especially as a new borrower. The trick is not using that line of credit to line your own coffin.
    I didn't say "don't have debts" - I said "consistently pay debts"

Banks want everyone enslaved to them by debt, they just favor those of us who are good debt-slaves
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

Fingerhut is that the magazine that's kind of like skymall that sells weird shit, been around since the 90s?

Credit card all the way. Got one the second I turned 18. Just don't be dumb and spend money you don't have.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    That works providing you can get a credit card. I personally got denied everywhere until I was put on my GF's card. Because at the time I had ZERO credit.
    See, that's strange to me, since when I got my first credit card, I had no credit either. And credit card companies were tripping over themselves to try to give me shitty cards with high APRs, crazy high default APRs, etc. They knew that college students tend to overspend and end up with revolving monthly credit with high interest payments, so it was cash money for them. Didn't even have to get parents to cosign or anything like that. I just figured a basic credit card was easy enough anyone could get it. Maybe you need to prove you have an income?

These days my credit is pretty good. I'm at about 725, held down only by the fact that I've got $23k auto loan that's only 16% paid off, but I haven't missed any payments.

This get a credit card and pay it off each Month.
    Gamdwelf the Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I'm calling it, Republicans will hold congress in 2018 and Trump will win again in 2020.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rezhial View Post
    Credit card all the way. Got one the second I turned 18. Just don't be dumb and spend money you don't have.
    Yeah, I think I was 16 when I got my credit card. I remember doing my car repairs on my credit card back then and running a balance for a few months while I earned enough to pay it down. I'd already had a debit card since I was like 10 or 12 years old at that point, and the credit card started out very low limit, like $1200 or something. I think my current card has a limit a bit over $15k.

See, that's strange to me, since when I got my first credit card, I had no credit either. And credit card companies were tripping over themselves to try to give me shitty cards with high APRs, crazy high default APRs, etc. They knew that college students tend to overspend and end up with revolving monthly credit with high interest payments, so it was cash money for them. Didn't even have to get parents to cosign or anything like that. I just figured a basic credit card was easy enough anyone could get it. Maybe you need to prove you have an income?

These days my credit is pretty good. I'm at about 725, held down only by the fact that I've got $23k auto loan that's only 16% paid off, but I haven't missed any payments.
    Ya I tried a few times and was denied each time. Me and my GF had the idea of just signing me on to hers. I went from zero credit to around 675 now. Then I finally had one want me to get a credit card though them lol.

It was like 25% interest with a monthly payment no matter if I spent anything or not.

Maybe it was just the timeframe? like when u did it and when I did it. Who knows, I just know I was denied each time lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ya I tried a few times and was denied each time. Me and my GF had the idea of just signing me on to hers. I went from zero credit to around 675 now. Then I finally had one want me to get a credit card though them lol.

It was like 25% interest with a monthly payment no matter if I spent anything or not.

Maybe it was just the timeframe? like when u did it and when I did it. Who knows, I just know I was denied each time lol.
    Yeah, I have no clue. Did you have a job at the time? Money in your bank account? I think I had about $2500 saved in my bank account, saved consistently through all my teenage years, even going back to when I was about 6 years old, and the card I got was through my bank.

All I know is that my credit card lets me get what amounts to a 1-3% discount on everything I buy, which seems like a good deal to me.

Yeah, I have no clue. Did you have a job at the time? Money in your bank account? I think I had about $2500 saved in my bank account, saved consistently through all my teenage years, even going back to when I was about 6 years old, and the card I got was through my bank.

All I know is that my credit card lets me get what amounts to a 1-3% discount on everything I buy, which seems like a good deal to me.
    Naw and the cards wasn't though my bank. I did try with my bank tho and they told me I could get a card where I put money on it and then use that. It will build my interest that way.

Getting on my GF's credit card has helped a lot. Was just wondering if anyone ever used FH even tho a lot of stuff on there is marked up.

The fucked up part about credit in the US is its better to have bad credit then no credit.
    I was in the same boat. Couldn't get a credit card myself until I was put on someone else's.
    Member of every Blizzard beta club.

Just get a credit card that is designed for those with little or low credit (like CapitalOne's Platinum Mastercard). You may not get a huge line of credit but that't fine. Buy the same things you would get before you got the credit card and pay it off every billing cycle. Do this and you'll see a nice climb of your credit score over time.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

Deleted
    For me it is easy. If you have to by something on credit, you obviously do not have the money to buy it, so just don't.

Hard cash is the real thing.

Ya I tried a few times and was denied each time.
    Banks usually offer secure credit cards - like you give them $300 and you have a "credit card" with a $300 limit on it (visa/mastercard logo) that you can use to build some credit.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================