Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Question about Wardrobe

Let's say that I do a heroic dungeon on my rogue and a two handed mace drops, and I win it. If I keep it in my bag or bank, will that transmog be available on my paladin alt when Legion pre-patch goes live?

No you must be able to use it to be added

Gear has to be of your main armor type (Leather for rogue for example), and weapons follow the rule that you need to be able to equip it in order for it to be added. The item must also be soulbound, so you won't add BOE items to the wardrobe unless you equip them first.

Nothing more to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    Gear has to be of your main armor type (Leather for rogue for example), and weapons follow the rule that you need to be able to equip it in order for it to be added. The item must also be soulbound, so you won't add BOE items to the wardrobe unless you equip them first.

Nothing more to it.
    So if I'm running old raids to try and get some transmog before Legion, it would be safe to equip, un-equip, and then delete any items I get?

Quote Originally Posted by Xss View Post
    So if I'm running old raids to try and get some transmog before Legion, it would be safe to equip, un-equip, and then delete any items I get?
    If you do it after the pre-patch hits, which has the wardrobe feature in it, then yes. You won't get the items retroactively, that only works for quest rewards.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thank you for the answers

I didn't think about having to equip them. My god, 2 pages of void storage, a full bank with all 30 slot bags and my bags all full of shit I now have to go back and re-equip just to make sure. LMAO RIP
    Summon Apollo's fire, with hell and heaven's might. Then with great force attend, the falling of all men.
    Release this captured world, from point of no return. Destruction has no end, unless you ride again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Terran View Post
    I didn't think about having to equip them. My god, 2 pages of void storage, a full bank with all 30 slot bags and my bags all full of shit I now have to go back and re-equip just to make sure. LMAO RIP
    you wont have to literally equip every single thing you have stored. most of them will copy into your wardrobe no problems, only BoE's need to be equipped first (thus becoming soul bound).

There is a tooltip note for help figuring out if you need to equip something. mouse over your items, if it says "you have not learned this appearance yet" then you need to equip that item.

if you dont see that message on your items then that appearance has been stored in your wardrobe already.
    Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    I do realize that this is an internet forum full of morons, however in real life, no one questions me, people look to me for the answer, look up to me, trust me. To have dipshits on a video game forum question me, is insulting.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinndra View Post
    you wont have to literally equip every single thing you have stored. most of them will copy into your wardrobe no problems, only BoE's need to be equipped first (thus becoming soul bound).

There is a tooltip note for help figuring out if you need to equip something. mouse over your items, if it says "you have not learned this appearance yet" then you need to equip that item.

if you dont see that message on your items then that appearance has been stored in your wardrobe already.
    I'll have to do copies over to beta and check and see what's going to need it. O_O thanks bud.
    Summon Apollo's fire, with hell and heaven's might. Then with great force attend, the falling of all men.
    Release this captured world, from point of no return. Destruction has no end, unless you ride again.

Things in your Void Storage are already soulbound.

Quote Originally Posted by BeerWolf View Post
    Things in your Void Storage are already soulbound.
    But that doesn't mean I've equipped them.

Again, you do not need to equip items to get the unlock. Every soulbound item in your bags/bank/voidstorage will be unlocked the moment you log in post patch.
    The requirement is not 'must have equipped'
    it is 'must be soulbound'
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

You don't have to have equipped them. You have to be able to equip them, they must match the armor type of your class or be any weapon type you can equip, and they must be soulbound.

For example, if you're a Hunter, you'll automatically unlock any weapons you have in any of your storage that are soulbound except Wands and Maces (the only weapons Hunters cannot equip), and any Mail armor you have that is soulbound.

Also, important to know for patch day: I can't speak for what it'll be like on live, but after copying over my oldest two characters to beta (both from Classic with thousands of quests completed and full void storage and banks), it took a good... ten minutes or so to actually unlock everything they had rights to, it was not instant.
    Last edited by Draeth; 2016-07-11 at 04:03 PM.

Sending things into your void storage makes them soulbound, i.e. -- it's effectively been equipped by you, regardless of you literally equipping them or not...

Quote Originally Posted by BeerWolf View Post
    Sending things into your void storage makes them soulbound, i.e. -- it's effectively been equipped by you, regardless of you literally equipping them or not...
    True, but that's not what was stated. And as it was new information to me, I assumed that it was necessary. Chill.

Deleted
    You need to equip BOE items, BOP will still be added and you don't need to equip them. Along with quest rewards you did in the past.

Quote Originally Posted by Haajib View Post
    You need to equip BOE items, BOP will still be added and you don't need to equip them. Along with quest rewards you did in the past.
    I've since come to understand that. Thanks.

Will gear (non-quest items) that I randomly vendored years ago be added into my Wardrobe in the pre-patch? I know they said quest items will be retroactively added, but what about all the other random gear I have picked up and inevitably was forced to sell?

Quote Originally Posted by Northy View Post
    Will gear (non-quest items) that I randomly vendored years ago be added into my Wardrobe in the pre-patch? I know they said quest items will be retroactively added, but what about all the other random gear I have picked up and inevitably was forced to sell?
    Only quest gear, rare archaeology solves, and one-time vignette gear will automatically be added if you have it now or not - as long as you've done those things. Random drops from raids/dungeons/pvp/world will not be added if you don't have them in Legion.
    3 hints to surviving MMO-C forums:
    1.) If you have an opinion, someone will say that it is wrong
    2.) If you have a source, there will be people who refuse to believe it
    3.) If you use logic, it will be largely ignored
    btw: Spires of Arak = Arakkoa.

Quote Originally Posted by Northy View Post
    No, it won't.