Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Artunias View Post
    I'd love to hear if anyone is having success with a different build. I don't really mind playing the fervor build but it's the only build I feel competitive as. Trying to play with anything else just seems real bad.
    http://beta.wowdb.com/talent-calculator#CNRF I've been running with that at around 860 ilvl, seems pretty decent but very spammy during Battle Cry. Use SS for dungeons. Dauntless for ST.

Quote Originally Posted by Devilsangel View Post
    I know its been a week, but I just got Memento trinket on beta which has a mastery proc. If you apply CS with a temporary mastery increase, and the mastery then falls off, castng another weaker CS doesn't override the stronger CS, so the duration doesn't get refreshed. Only just found out :O So I', guessing bleeding hollow enchant proc screws up CS refreshing :P
    Nice discovery! I've been doing all my testing on the ptr with my old enchants, including Bleeding Hollow. I guess the question is whether the mechanic should work as is; not overwriting the stronger CS is fine but when you lose out on an additional 6+ seconds of CS because of it, not sure if it's worth the tradeoff.

Deleted
    I'd love to hear if anyone is having success with a different build. I don't really mind playing the fervor build but it's the only build I feel competitive as. Trying to play with anything else just seems real bad.
    I've been having my best results running with Rend alongside Focused Rage/Deadly Calm/Anger Management. It's a pain to use Focused Rage properly (APM issues during Battle Cry) but once I started getting the hang of it I was able to do consistently more damage than running a Fervor build.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I agree.

I actually think Arms outperforms all other melee right now. We're like superior versions of Frost DK's. More reliable defensives, much better mobility, controlled burst, more utility.
    do they really outperform rogues? assa seems to have pretty nice damage and i feel like it is very unlikely that warri defensives are anywhere close to rogue defensives as they just seem somewhat crazy

Quote Originally Posted by Goxicity View Post
    Ok link me video to back that up (actual kill video, not "we manage to get boss to 70%).
    How exactly would a video help you prove this? For that matter, a kill on test content does not equate to assessing a specific specs strengths or weaknesses. You could say "bladestorm is really good against Kormrok adds" without having to beat the encounter to come to that conclusion.

What you want are logs, of which there are many readily available.

Quote Originally Posted by volgon View Post
    Nice discovery! I've been doing all my testing on the ptr with my old enchants, including Bleeding Hollow. I guess the question is whether the mechanic should work as is; not overwriting the stronger CS is fine but when you lose out on an additional 6+ seconds of CS because of it, not sure if it's worth the tradeoff.
    Easy fix is to just make CS dynamically scale, as most DoTs or HoTs. I'm not even sure they've considered this downside when they created Tactician, as CS has never really had to have this issue fixed before.
    My Stream
    NollTvåTre Looking for Raiders

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gateway Ewok View Post
    He should, but he won't, because he's misinformed.
    Exactly. And I don't even care about Fury, I'm not crazy to play that cluster FK. But none can argue that 30% increased dmg taken is good for mythic raiding. 30% increased health doesn't make up for it not even close. If things stay as they are now, I could bet all my money that not a single top ranked guild will ever take fury on progress, in a matter of fact I don't see arms either, but we have commanding shout (old rallying cry) so maybe.

Exactly. And I don't even care about Fury, I'm not crazy to play that cluster FK. But none can argue that 30% increased dmg taken is good for mythic raiding. 30% increased health doesn't make up for it not even close. If things stay as they are now, I could bet all my money that not a single top ranked guild will ever take fury on progress, in a matter of fact I don't see arms either, but we have commanding shout (old rallying cry) so maybe.
    I'll be happy to take your money come live. Wanna give me your paypal info or...?

Yeah I'll take that bet too, I'll be back for collections in a couple months.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Archimtiros View Post
    I'll be happy to take your money come live. Wanna give me your paypal info or...?
    Sorry only taking bets from ppl in top ranked guilds

Being part or officer of the guild for years does not change the fact that a class mechanism can be a liability for progress. The proper administrative approach when forming the progress setup would be to utilize the best possible material. That includes a raider's experience and skill yet it does not rectify the fact that a class can suck compared to another. No matter how I look at it 30 % is serious disadvantage. At least the spec's scale is promising.

I would like to place a bet XD

Edit: In before US top 10, World 6498th

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gowther View Post
    I would like to place a bet XD

Edit: In before US top 10, World 6498th
    Sure ill add you to a friend list. And this bet applies only if fury stay as it is, and only top 5 guilds, dont care about the rest.

lmfao are you for real

If you would calmly all place your dicks back in your pants and return to discussing legitimate topics, that would be just swell.

ha you said dicks and swell in the same sentence

Quote Originally Posted by Archimtiros View Post
    And I'm telling you that's wrong. That's quite simply not how the math works. Going back to this -

I don't know why you're stuck on this concept. If anything, it's actually more forgiving than the example above, because Fury has some degree of extra health all the time, while they only take increased damage some of the time, and can even mitigate it further by use of the talent War Paint. The idea that they lose this advantage once they drop below a certain amount of health is completely inaccurate and unfounded.

And that goes back to not reading and understanding the argument, because I never said extra burst damage taken is all that matters, in fact I never said anything about it other than to assert that extra health, does in fact make up for extra damage taken, regardless of whether it is "burst" or not. See above.
    Dammit, don't you go quoting me in here. I don't need your civil war man!

Though for the record I'm on your side regarding this. Those concerned about the damage debuff are tilting at windmills and have never looked at effective health charts to help understand how big a role extra health actually has.

Selly, please change your name! Somehow. I dunno. This has got weird man.

7+ Year Old Account
    Back on the arms world...

If you would calmly all place your dicks back in your pants and return to discussing legitimate topics, that would be just swell.
    But what will I read about when I'm eating my popcorn?

On a serious note we really should be back to discussing about stuff moving forward, considering the patch is probably coming out next week. Major problems still stand with the spec are...

1.) Reset rate needs improvement on Tactician for a better feel (not necessarily balance).

2.) Execute phase, needs increased rage generation if they approve of the current model.

3.) Fervor for Battle is hilariously overturned at the moment.

4.) Baseline defenses are poor outside of Die by the Sword every 3 minutes.

5.) Overall damage with the spec is rather low at the moment in terms of tuning.

Am I forgetting anything?
    Curoar, Arms Warrior of 15 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirbydude65 View Post
    But what will I read about when I'm eating my popcorn?

On a serious note we really should be back to discussing about stuff moving forward, considering the patch is probably coming out next week. Major problems still stand with the spec are...

1.) Reset rate needs improvement on Tactician for a better feel (not necessarily balance).

2.) Execute phase, needs increased rage generation if they approve of the current model.

3.) Fervor for Battle is hilariously overturned at the moment.

4.) Baseline defenses are poor outside of Die by the Sword every 3 minutes.

5.) Overall damage with the spec is rather low at the moment in terms of tuning.

Am I forgetting anything?
    3 & 5 basically the same thing. As the fervor build is the only thing that lets Arms do reasonable damage. But that's the only issues I have with the spec. Can't think of anything else.

Also in relation to number 1 I'm not sure if the proc really needs to be changed as much as the cooldown simply needs to be lower than it is. Once you get the set bonus (as much as I hate basing things around a tier bonus) it probably will be fine, it's just when RNG rears it's head and you get fucked by the long cooldown that it becomes awful to play in addition to doing terrible damage.