Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulmita View Post
    For not wanting to see Germany with a significant army? Fuck yeah, just like i would do if Soviet Union existed and wanted to build one as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyberowl View Post
    And yet, you hold them to other standards as for example Russia.

Soviet Union -> Russia -> all is forgiven; forget the cold war and knock yourselves out on Ukraine.
    3th Reich -> Germany -> obviously devils spawn that can't be trusted to have an army. *tiny violin*
    Yep, different standards.

Quote Originally Posted by Crispin View Post
    Hold on, werent you Hungarian living in Canada and only staying in Greece for a short while? Are you ashamed of beeing Greek or something?
    No fuck no.

One Parent is Greek, one Italian, mothers grandfather Hungarian. I was born in Montreal.

No fuck no.

One Parent is Greek, one Italian, mothers grandfather Hungarian. I was born in Montreal.
    Seems like you have enough "guilt" build into your family then, stop complaining about todays germany and start flaming your family!

10+ Year Old Account
    For not wanting to see Germany with a significant army? Fuck yeah, just like i would do if Soviet Union existed and wanted to build one as well.
    Russia still exists and has a very active army.

Quote Originally Posted by lonely zergling View Post
    Seems like you have enough "guilt" build into your family then, stop complaining about todays germany.
    If i could help, i would scrap all armies dude. Worry not about it.

Keep saying nonsense. I still believe Germany shouldn't be allowed to have an army for the same reason a murderer gets a life sentence per offense committed.
    The 200 years i said is very lenient to say the least. I am not quite sure why you don't understand this.

I don't feel comfortable seeing Germany with a significant army force.
    Why? it's not like the current Germans are the same as they were in 1939, heck the majority of the germans living during the war are dead by now, I know history is lost on you, but the ones who started ww2 either loved or fought in ww1, there's a clear connection between the 2 wars, there's not a clear connection between Nazi Germany and Germany 2016 which could start a war in any way.

I do enjoy this topic tho, first countries who do not meet the NATO 2%GDP numbers are cursed out, but as soon as the germans decide to do something, the Nazi connection is brought up.

- - - Updated - - -

If i could help, i would scrap all armies dude. Worry not about it.
    Doesnt sound like it when you're praising master Putin's non-existant world domination weapons tbh.

I do enjoy this topic tho, first countries who do not meet the NATO 2%GDP numbers are cursed out, but as soon as the germans decide to do something, the Nazi connection is brought up.

No shit, that country was responsible for 10's of millions of dead.

Doesnt sound like it when you're praising master Putin's non-existant world domination weapons tbh.
    Because those weapons keep the warmongers on bay

Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    Sure, but I also don't see Merkel as resembling Hitler.
    Nawh, she doesn't resemble Hitler. But the politics she and many other European heads of state have been pushing for the past many years might well inspire another Hitler figure to rise up. Heck, at this rate, the next dictator or two of European nations has probably already been born.

As someone who leaned right of centre before, and still does so now, the scariest part of living now is how the suppression and guilting by the left of people airing their grievances inevitably leads to more extremism. The best thing a nation can do is talk. Because when people stop talking, or being allowed to talk, they start killing each other instead.

And before any idiot makes the "lol no censorship" argument, not only is that not true anymore given the laws of most European countries, it also doesn't take into account any kind of censorship but legal. Social censorship is just as, if not more powerful, excluding you from jobs, friendships and much more for something you once said.

So yeah, up the spending. Become more assertive. As long as it serves to protect and enable people to speak and live peacefully, rather than suppress.

ok, you asked for it.

Can we maybe have russia this time? Nothing against Italy, but ....
    "And all those exclamation marks, you notice? Five?
    A sure sign of someone who wears his underpants on his head."

7+ Year Old Account
    Good for Germany.

Quote Originally Posted by Raakel View Post
    ok, you asked for it.

so much cringe...
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    so much cringe...
    Not fair, the dudes kissing were lookin' good.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyberowl View Post
    Not fair, the dudes kissing were lookin' good.
    I didn't even get that far. The poem in the beginning was a bad start, and then it got progressively worse after that. Speaks volumes about a nation if this is what they consider "good advertising for the nation of Germany".
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    I didn't even get that far. The poem in the beginning was a bad start, and then it got progressively worse after that. Speaks volumes about a nation if this is what they consider "good advertising for the nation of Germany".
    This is satire, though. Dunno where you got the advertising part from.

Deleted
    Oh, you beleve that todays Germans inerhert som typ of guilt what there ancestor did, but yourself who spawn from fascist Italian and fascist Hungarian have not inerhert guilt..... hypocrite.

You rage of what the evil nazi Germany did to Greece have you never reflected what USSR did to Hungaria or in Greece in the Greece civil war.

Quote Originally Posted by jasdasm View Post
    Remember what happened last time the US brought Peace and Democracy to a Nation?

all the fucktard people reducing the rich history of Germany to a time where they were driven into a Corner and forced to War.

Dont worry since Germany is still under occupation and the People learn shame for something they never did or stuff that never happened it will take a few Generations for that to vanish.
    yet I'm meant to be riddled with white guilt for well, being white.

everyone pays for the mistakes of their forefathers.
    "There are no substitutes for violence of action and volume of fire. Move forward and shoot, always forward and shooting. The enemy will choose to fight and die or live and run either way move forward and shoot and he will fear you absolutely."
    - Otto Skoernzy

Deleted
    Seems like a waste of taxpayer money.

I mean who is going to attack us?

The French got Nuclear weaponry, so even if we got into a war by interdimensional warp fuckery, we could not retaliate due to not being able to use the nukes we rent.
    Poland attacks us and they will get liberated due to them endangering Russian-German lives, also their oppressed Russian Community would be liberated.
    Americans go batshit? Yeah good luck retaliating against that.
    Austria?
    Danish tourists, with trailers?
    The Greeks? Could they even afford a bus ticket over here?
    Russia? Are they going to sharpen that old rustling sabre and show it still can cut?

And do we really want to get involved in stuff abroad? I mean look at Libya, Iraq, Afghanistan. That turned out great and was not a waste of resources, lives.
    I mean sure, buff the Bundeswehr to a acceptable level, but really, it should not be thrown all over the place, like Americans, Brits and French do with their armed forces.
    Last edited by mmocaa0d295f44; 2016-07-11 at 06:39 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Raldazzar View Post
    everyone pays for the mistakes of their forefathers.
    Only they who have forefathers who lost. Who thinks of Belgians as one of the worst butchers evere, its horrible how brutal they proceeded in Belgian Congo.

10+ Year Old Account
    We lost over 10% of our total population you ignorant poop. And i should be ashamed of myself for what? For saying the country who has the most violent history ever, a country that started a war that killed 10's of millions of people should be banned of having an army for some time since there still people alive that fought that war? What part from - it is still too fresh - you don't understand?

Go eat some soup kid. Your insults are meaningless. History is history no matter how hard you try to dissolve it.
    Considering you have no issue with Russia having a military despite their violent history, nor do I see you claiming Italy should not have an army considering THEY are the ones that invaded Greece in 1940.