Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    The Lightbringer Rend Blackhand's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

Mythic raid boosts

Nearly every day I see folk offering boosts in mythic dungeons or challenge modes and even PvP and when you whisper them its always a website link or skype details. Clearly the intention here is that you pay them real money for the service.

Why do Blizzard allow this to happen?

Also, does anybody on EU side offer these boosts for in game gold? it sounds like a great money making opportunity,
    Me not that kind of Orc!

I think a lot of what blizzard does is try to avoid banning players and try to target specific sites that enable this type of cheating but sadly I think they fall short because on NA-Sargeras the amount of spam for real money boost is pretty unbearable. I really wish there was more moderation for trade chat in general.

My guild does Mythic raid boosts for gold only, on EU side. Though we only accept gold on Draenor-EU to not make it a headache to split it to our raiders.

We have been doing it for several months now, since December or something I believe.

Quote Originally Posted by gypsybob View Post
    Also, does anybody on EU side offer these boosts for in game gold? it sounds like a great money making opportunity,
    Literally every realm has guilds boosting all kind of stuff for gold. Been boosting mythic HFC since last year.

The Lightbringer Rend Blackhand's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tehterokkar View Post
    My guild does Mythic raid boosts for gold only, on EU side. Though we only accept gold on Draenor-EU to not make it a headache to split it to our raiders.

We have been doing it for several months now, since December or something I believe.
    Shame nobody does it on Silvermoon or Stormscale. How much do they normally sell for?
    Me not that kind of Orc!

Quote Originally Posted by Kapaya View Post
    Literally every realm has guilds boosting all kind of stuff for gold. Been boosting mythic HFC since last year.
    Sadly not all do. Until recently there were still a few servers without mythic hfc kills much less the ability to carry anybody. Plenty of servers are still stuck behind Gorefiend.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Shame nobody does it on Silvermoon or Stormscale. How much do they normally sell for?
    My guilds on US so it might be different, but I think it's something like 1.2 mil for first 12 bosses and 1.5 for archimonde ( I believe that include mount)
    You are everything, I never knew, I always wanted.

Shame nobody does it on Silvermoon
    Who said they aren't?

Mythic hfc:

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/17612242272
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/17610961564
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/16946615001

CMs:

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/14628404093
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/16070017323

Mythic dungeons aren't worth it in general, but there were few people in trade that I presume basically are high geared tanks and allow you to tag along with him for a price, and rest fill with pugs. But since it's piss easy to get pvp gear as for now and pug them for loom trinkets I see no point in organizing boosts.

Quote Originally Posted by Marrilaife View Post
    Mythic dungeons aren't worth it in general, but there were few people in trade that I presume basically are high geared tanks and allow you to tag along with him for a price, and rest fill with pugs. But since it's piss easy to get pvp gear as for now and pug them for loom trinkets I see no point in organizing boosts.
    While true, I've found there is one universally unspoken rule when dealing with boosts: Never argue with somebody over what they're willing to pay for or how much they're willing to pay for it. We have seen countless people in full Mythic HFC gear dropping millions of gold for carries so they can have a shot at a single elusive piece of gear. Any rational person would think that it'd be far less expensive for this player to just apply to a guild and get the gear the old fashioned way, but you know what they say about a fool and their money.

Because they don't give a fuck. Don't know any sites but I know of several groups who boosted cms for gold over the course of this addon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrven View Post
    Sadly not all do. Until recently there were still a few servers without mythic hfc kills much less the ability to carry anybody. Plenty of servers are still stuck behind Gorefiend.
    Well since you can get crossrealm boosts that shouldn't be that much of a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    While true, I've found there is one universally unspoken rule when dealing with boosts: Never argue with somebody over what they're willing to pay for or how much they're willing to pay for it.
    The "how much" part is important though, if the price is so low it's not time efficient any more, the boosters will move onto more lucrative fields.

A guy charging into his pocket full sum and taking boostee + 3 pugs is maybe worth for him, splitting the same gold between 4 people to provide a full team, not so much. As the price is nowhere near lucrative as for other content.

I know people on my server who stopped doing hfc hc boosts in favour of nemesis because hfc hc splits between 10-12 boosters while nemesis they do with 5.

The price needs to be good enough that people want to bother. For example due WOD inflation people advertising 2v2 boosts for CP upped the prices 3-5 times over the course of expansion. People offer 500g for any mundane service like a mage portal or guild charter sign up.

No surprise a mythic mount can go for 1,5 mil. It's limited supply and there are more people with millions of gold than weeks until end of expansion and 13/13m guilds.

The "how much" part is important though, if the price is so low it's not time efficient any more, the boosters will move onto more lucrative fields.

A guy charging into his pocket full sum and taking boostee + 3 pugs is maybe worth for him, splitting the same gold between 4 people to provide a full team, not so much. As the price is nowhere near lucrative as for other content.

I know people on my server who stopped doing hfc hc boosts in favour of nemesis because hfc hc splits between 10-12 boosters while nemesis they do with 5.

The price needs to be good enough that people want to bother. For example due WOD inflation people advertising 2v2 boosts for CP upped the prices 3-5 times over the course of expansion. People offer 500g for any mundane service like a mage portal or guild charter sign up.

No surprise a mythic mount can go for 1,5 mil. It's limited supply and there are more people with millions of gold than weeks until end of expansion and 13/13m guilds.
    I agree, my post was more to emphasize that if somebody is willing to pay for a boost and it's at a price which would make it a reasonable endeavor... there's no point in trying to talk them out of their investment.

Quote Originally Posted by cFortyfive View Post
    Because they don't give a fuck. Don't know any sites but I know of several groups who boosted cms for gold over the course of this addon.

Well since you can get crossrealm boosts that shouldn't be that much of a problem.
    You can now or /trade wouldn't be getting spammed by 8/8 gold cm and 13/13 mythic hfc bots on all the servers. You just pay with cash instead of gold in some cases. Of course moving into Legion I am sure they will make it so you can't cross realm mythic again for awhile.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Prices may vary between guilds/servers/region, but we are doing Archi+Mount for 1.2m, Blackhand Mount 250k, first 11 700k, mannoroth 150k, Archimonde 600k, 13/13+Mount 1800k.

So far every week has been booked with Archi+Mount buyer, sometimes we even have just a regular Archi buyer also, so we have a total of 2 people to boost on Archi.

Them prices above 1 mil though. I do want the mounts, but I'd also want my gold. And crossrealm boosts only work if you are on a realm where you can trade with them, so the restrictions do exist.

Deleted
    Why do Blizzard allow this to happen?
    It doesn't. Right click -> report for spamming.

Quote Originally Posted by Metallicaxe View Post
    Them prices above 1 mil though. I do want the mounts, but I'd also want my gold.
    Demand and supply. Supply is limited as the expansion is near, while there's enough people willing to pay 1,5 million that the prices don't need to drop.

Not even every 13/13m guild is selling M Archi, because first they might need the mount for their members, second they might not be confident in being able to provide a smooth kill with 19.

Deleted
    Report them for using PayPal, and they will get banned.

Demand and supply. Supply is limited as the expansion is near, while there's enough people willing to pay 1,5 million that the prices don't need to drop.

Not even every 13/13m guild is selling M Archi, because first they might need the mount for their members, second they might not be confident in being able to provide a smooth kill with 19.
    Yep. Pretty much. I don't even think it is that difficult to reach them levels of gold either. Garrison is literally a goldmine
    Last edited by Metallicaxe; 2016-07-13 at 11:52 AM. Reason: Missed quote

Deleted
    On German servers the same 2-3 companies are selling boosts for real money for now over 4 years without their name censored, their url censored or their spam reduced. German streamers even put ads for those companies in their streams without any negative impact - they even make money out of it (while probably being partnered with them as boosters). It's disgusting.