Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    Why? I mean, what does that help? I´d understand if there was a reason for the awareness, but there isn´t any. People commit crimes. Again, do you think height, weight, hair colour are needed informations?

What do you make of the knowledge that person X of country Y with average height, brown hair and blue eyes was robbing a store in the southern part of town? Unless the person is still on the run, you don´t need identifying information.
    So people can make informed choices

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hana Song View Post
    So people can make informed choices
    About what?
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

Quote Originally Posted by lonely zergling View Post
    No I just messed up with saying on which position he is, I thought he is the head of the organisation . Doesnt change that he is still of that opinion though and has more expierence with law then your precious journalists and random parialment members.
    And at some point lawyers will realize that politicians are actually the ones making the laws - as well as the constitution. I'm sure that he realizes that and his position is more nuanced.

The only part that is dangerous is the new group punishment law, you still need to prove that the crime happend at all though. The changes to the sexual crime laws dont make it easier to prove that a crime happend. Innocent until proven guilty is still a thing.

The concept of punishing all members of a "group" for a crime commited by a single dude is disgusting. (Hell even the leftists and greens are on my side on this new group law)
    Or in other words: you still claim that the law is dangerous because it can punish people in a group and that nothing changes.

Quote Originally Posted by Hyve View Post
    What annoys me more than these acts, is that people try to cover them up to prevent racial tensions from rising...
    Not hear in the US, we thrive on it

About what?
    If they should restrict such people from coming there if that group has higher than average rate of such crimes

15+ Year Old Account
    If they should restrict such people from coming there if that group has higher than average rate of such crimes
    You would need to prove that merely being part of that group makes people commit crimes and not other factors that make people commit crimes in general. Still then simply restricting such people from coming there wouldn´t help with the problem but only feels like doing something.
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

You would need to prove that merely being part of that group makes people commit crimes and not other factors that make people commit crimes in general. Still then simply restricting such people from coming there wouldn´t help with the problem but only feels like doing something.
    No, if there is less crime if you don't take them then that is a pretty good reason to not take them

Deleted
    I don't know who is more stupid, people who write these or people who believe this or people who want to believe these.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hyve View Post
    What annoys me more than these acts, is that people try to cover them up to prevent racial tensions from rising...
    I don't know who is more stupid, people who write these or people who believe this or people who want to believe these.

10+ Year Old Account
    About what?
    About not taking in millions of "immigrants" from a culture that promotes rape and abuse.

I am Murloc!
    7+ Year Old Account
    to be blunt: if everything happens according to current law their refugee status is waived immediately. Means deportation ASAP; no second chance.
    But that's their risk of commiting even smaller crimes; germany is very well entitled to send them back into their former home. Not in a warzone though, but it wont be a nice area.

15+ Year Old Account
    No, if there is less crime if you don't take them then that is a pretty good reason to not take them
    There is less crime if you closely monitor your population, i guess that´s a pretty good reason to do that too?
    Really the good of helping the majority that don´t commit crimes outweights the bad that do commit crimes.

So we come back to, what´s the information good? It´s not a majority we´re talking about, heck percentage wise it´s more in line with your local population.

Many muslim countries have extremely misogynistic, religiously intolerant cultures, far outstripping the west in this regard. Liberals should be actively opposed to such cultures, but because it is Islam, and Islam scares them, they give it a pass. Cowards and hypocrites imo.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cymraeg13 View Post
    Many muslim countries have extremely misogynistic, religiously intolerant cultures, far outstripping the west in this regard. Liberals should be actively opposed to such cultures, but because it is Islam, and Islam scares them, they give it a pass. Cowards and hypocrites imo.
    Yes, yes, that´s it. You´ve figured it all out.

Quote Originally Posted by Blur4stuff View Post
    I'm not familiar with how Germany/Europe deals with refugees. Are they educated after/before arriving?
    There was a thread where one country was trying to do that, but clearly not enough of them are. It's sad that such obvious things as "don't grope the woman just because they have exposed ankles" need to be said, but that's what happens when you try to merge people from a backwards culture with your own.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

I am Murloc!
    7+ Year Old Account
    There is less crime if you closely monitor your population, i guess that´s a pretty good reason to do that too?
    Really the good of helping the majority that don´t commit crimes outweights the bad that do commit crimes.
    Not going to happen; zero tolerance here. Behave or GTFO.
    And for the nasty logic: if you would not bring in bad apples in the first place, you would be utter safe. every crime imported is one to much.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Master of Coins View Post
    Perfect fuel for the white teenage angst we see so much on the internet.
    Says the person with about 15k angst filled posts.

Quote Originally Posted by Forogil View Post
    Or in other words: you still claim that the law is dangerous because it can punish people in a group and that nothing changes.
    In proving that crime happend nothing will change. Its still he said she said in the majority of (rape)cases. Without physical evidence (of force) or witnesses / video material it remains hard to prove if consent happend or not. So the "no means no" - mantra is really useless, you have to prove it anyway.

The group law can punish people who are part of a group and DIDNT commit a crime. Your friend touches a woman while you are nearby with some other friends (you didnt even notice that he did it), you are now in trouble for a sexual crime too. This is unconstitutional.
    Last edited by lonely zergling; 2016-07-11 at 09:50 PM.

What did they expect? Their culture is different than ours.

The group law can punish people who are part of a group and DIDNT commit a crime. Your friend touches a woman while you are nearby with some other friends (you didnt even notice that he did it), you are now in trouble for a sexual crime too. This is unconstitutional.
    You can pretty much expect that the first judge to abuse that law will have it seen processed up to the EU courts if necessary. It's such a piss poor idea, it's just waiting to happen.

In proving that crime happend nothing will change. Its still he said she said in the majority of cases. Without physical evidence (of force) or witnesses / video material it remains hard to prove if consent happend or not. So the "no means no" - mantra is really useless, you have to prove it anyway.

The group law can punish people who are part of a group and DIDNT commit a crime. Your friend touches a woman while you are nearby with some other friends (you didnt even notice that he did it), you are now in trouble too. This is unconstitutional.
    So, you maintain that nothing will change - except that innocents are punished.
    What you missed that the group law can be punish people who are part of a group that assault someone, since it is no longer necessary to prove who did the actual assault - is that really so hard to understand? If Cologne repeats itself - don't you understand that it is more likely that the attackers would be found guilty, since the victim wouldn't have to identify them as a specific attacker?

But more importantly - if you think the new law is bad. Why aren't you - or Prof. Dr. T. Richter promoting a better improvement?