Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    server got more slots and improved, not to mention we got phasing and are split up on the continent since everyone can go level where they want, so my guess is probably no
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

10+ Year Old Account
    With out a doubt, as much as blizzard will say they are taking their time with development so nothing goes wrong at launch, something will happen.
    Long Queue times, server crashes, NPCs/Doodads not loading properly etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Trickname View Post
    Yes. It literally happens every expansion.

Will I still log on at 12am and get nothing done by 4am before giving up and going to bed? yep. It's then only time every <2 years I see people playing and talking in the game.
    Sounds about right. I remember getting in at 11pm and didnt get done with the first garrison quest until 5 or 6am. But like I said with a doubtful high return in sub numbers this expansion may start off alot easier than WOD.
    “I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.”

- Frank Herbert

Every pre event testing on the beta has crashed or failed to some degree, once so bad it broke the server and nothing was tested. Seeing stuff like that first hand is worrisome. What will be rough is if artifact quests for the 1st wpn bug/fail and entire specs/classes are stuck not being able to advance into Legion content at all. As with all expansions it is good for people to keybind or macro "interact with target" so you do not get stuck behind the idiots that are content stacking on npcs needed to advance your game.

From my perspective all of the expansions have launched fine for me some having issues the day after launch. The only game breaking bug that has happened and I had to deal with was the goblin that builds the garrison bugging out. So for an hour or so nobody could build their garrison and advance the story. Even with that you could do things in Frostfire and run dungeons. Without your artifact weapon you are not able to queue for dungeons for Legion so if anything stops those first 5 or 6 quests that bring you to Dalaran people will be screwed.

There is also the every frightful internet boogeyman ddos bandit out there which I am sure will get some blame if there is any server issues no matter what they are.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    On the bigger servers, there might still be issues, but those big servers always have issues. The price you pay for wanting to play on those. I'm happy on my medium-pop server.
    I like playing on large pop servers for the main reason of availability. There's always that occasional LFG spamming trade chat, there's always enough in the AH to supply your professions or leveling up an alt with gear, mats, etc.
    Last edited by mmburntcheez; 2016-07-11 at 10:01 PM.
    “I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.”

- Frank Herbert

Hope for the best, but I sadly expect the worst. So yeah on the high population servers there is likely to be a queue.

Herald of the Titans SoulSoBreezy's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I was looking at this website during WoD's launch: http://hp.ipviking.com/
    It was like the world waged war on Blizzard that night.

Quote Originally Posted by SoulSoBreezy View Post
    I was looking at this website during WoD's launch: http://hp.ipviking.com/
    It was like the world waged war on Blizzard that night.
    WoD launch was a fucking joke. Even MoP wasn't as bad and a lot of people on our server were stuck on the airship for the good part of an hour. Once you were in Jade Forest it was minor lag and once you left none at all. Meanwhile WoD lagged all the way up to Nagrand and even the Garrosh scenario quest had trouble loading/starting sometimes.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2016-07-11 at 10:12 PM.

I think the highest que I've seen on Area 52 when WOD launched was 8700 roughly

- Frank Herbert

Quote Originally Posted by Einsz View Post
    Yes, there will be server issues, always were, blizzard never learns
    This new instancing idea has some potential, plus there have been actively asking for players to identify bottlenecks.
    Saying "they don't learn" is simply petty.
    Do they fall short ? Certainly.
    But do they never change anything ?
    Not even close to being accurate.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Beta's been running like crap so its safe to assume that Legion will be a mess for the first week or 2...

Deleted
    Maybe potential server issues at launch is the reason they are refusing to merge servers until things are more stable?

7+ Year Old Account
    *fingers crossed* I hope its not bad, Ive taken the day off work for launch.

Signature by Serryn

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't know how this will translate to the live game but it took me 30 minutes to fly from karazhan to the zepellin in stranglethorn on the beta. This was after Dalaran disappeared and I fell to my death.
    HEROES NEVER DIE

Depends on when you get in, during wod launch I myself had no issues, as long as you got in ahead of the huge mass clump of people you should be just fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Menzolies View Post
    *fingers crossed* I hope its not bad, Ive taken the day off work for launch.
    Just saying be prepared to sit and wait while everyone groups up on that one npc you need to get to while they are on their mounts.

- Frank Herbert

I think they should provide server transfers for free off of the 10~ or so servers left that are high pop. My main is stuck on one and absolutely nobody I know plays this video game anymore, so its a waste of time me being there. I know it will have 3k+ queues when Legion hits (it was actually queued up just a couple months ago for some reason, only like 10 people but still...) and they could remove people like me from the line by giving a free server transfer to a low pop realm...

10+ Year Old Account
    Will we see server issues at launch?
    Of Course, Millions of players smashing the server at once, Followed up by the same " Lol worst expac " topics posted by shitstarters, hates and diggers.

Quote Originally Posted by Einsz View Post
    Yes, there will be server issues, always were, blizzard never learns
    And complainers will never learn that there's very little they can do about it.
    This.
    Remember, A Man may break a Woman's Heart - But a Woman will destroy a Man's life. - SJK @ the #Antiwokenessworld

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, yes, yes, yes and yes.

We will have issues, but I don't care. I'm still going to enjoy the hell out of it.
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

Of course we will. It wouldn't be blizzard if they didn't underestimate things.