Quote Originally Posted by Shelly View Post
    Dammit, don't you go quoting me in here. I don't need your civil war man!

are tilting at windmills
    Sorry.

+10 for the reference though.

I'm of the opinion that Mortal Strike needs SOMETHING interesting. The word iconic is so overused these days, but MS really is one of the defining Warrior abilities and it's regulated to a vanilla damage dealing attack. It's Slam 2.0 and doesn't really feel like an integral part of the spec in the way that Bloodthirst does for Fury.

I think it would be both flavorful and make for more interactive gameplay if it had increased chance to proc Tactician like old Exploit the Weakness. The cooldown on MS means we shouldn't run into the same issue as old EtW, and having an ability that applies mortal wounds (both the in game effect and from a flavor perspective) seems like the perfect candidate to represent a baseline overpowering attack that pushes the warrior's advantage aka proc'ing Tactician.
    Last edited by volgon; 2016-07-11 at 10:48 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirbydude65 View Post

5.) Overall damage with the spec is rather low at the moment in terms of tuning.
    Am I the only one that feels Arms is actually overtuned? lol

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Devilsangel View Post
    Overtuned, imo no but Arms have a good dps ST/MT with a great burst aoe, a good survability/mobility, 1 cd raid mandatory, well i think is a very good melee dps in raid on PvE progress.

Quote Originally Posted by Devilsangel View Post
    It's subject to RNG and artifact progression. It was undertuned before they started nerfing all the other specs, now it's sitting comfortable in the middle.

Is there a good way to macro Fervor for Battle? I feel like Arm could be 1 button.

CS > MS > Fervor

Quote Originally Posted by Wulfey View Post
    Is there a good way to macro Fervor for Battle? I feel like Arm could be 1 button.

CS > MS > Fervor
    No. /10 char

To jump into the Fury damage taken increased BS.
    The only way the increased damage taken would be negated is if the Fury Warrior is healing himself for equal (or more) than the difference to the Arms warrior is. Hard to explain but this is the example.
    Arms Warrior takes 100.000 damage (100k) - Heals 0
    Fury Warrior takes 120.000 damage (120k) - Heals 20k

Which most of the time is NOT going to be the case. What's going to happen is that healers will take that healing in some way, either by ground healing or "smart healing", some look at it as draining healers mana and some don't. The extra health should prevent any mechanics from just killing you where a Arms Warrior would survive.

Imo it really doesn't matter unless you're having more deaths than anyone else, which by now beta tests would've seen. Having to heal Fury 20% more than others... eh that's maybe an issue on heavy pulsing damage that is sustained over longer time (think Dinosaur boss in Siege of Orgrimmar) then yes I can see why it's a stupid thing to be in the game.
    Last edited by Huntingbear_grimbatol; 2016-07-12 at 01:19 AM.
    9thorder.com | Recruiting exceptional players!

I'll say this, the Fury damage taken discussion is a fun one to have, and a legitimate one as well, but could we have it in the Fury thread rather than the Arms one?
    My Stream
    NollTvåTre Looking for Raiders

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Warriorsarri View Post
    I'll say this, the Fury damage taken discussion is a fun one to have, and a legitimate one as well, but could we have it in the Fury thread rather than the Arms one?
    Why? Dude dont act like you are moderator or something on this thread KappaPride

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Goxicity View Post
    Why? Dude dont act like you are moderator or something on this thread KappaPride
    loooolllll take a look at the class forums overview and see who's moderator for the warrior forum ^^

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by d2klein View Post
    loooolllll take a look at the class forums overview and see who's moderator for the warrior forum ^^
    That, I believe, was the joke

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by d2klein View Post

Deleted
    Well ... maybe the joke would be better understandable for me if a well known name had posted it. Usually i tend to take people serious as long as i can't remember any references.

Deleted
    I'm only kidding <3

So I've recently fallen back in love with my arms warrior towards the end of WoD. I'm about 99% sure that I'll be taking him into Legion unless something dramatic happens by Blizzard.

However, I'm left a bit confused by some of the comments in this thread concerning arms. I'm going to play arms exclusively for PvP, while going prot for PvE. In that context, if I love current WoD Arms, will I continue loving Arms in Legion?

I've watched numerous videos and read plenty of reports on Arms, but I still can't seem to get a grasp of what's truly going on with the spec.

Am I still charging, doing huge CS hits, followed by massive MS crits and Executes? Or has the playstyle changed drastically?

As a side note...I can't find a good answer on mainting multiple artifact weapons. What kind of challenge am I going to experience from trying to keep high artifact power on both my arms and prot weapons?

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Hashcrypt View Post
    Am I still charging, doing huge CS hits, followed by massive MS crits and Executes?
    None of that has changed, other than that you'll most likely have to suffer the base cooldown on Charge (20 seconds), because otherwise you won't have Storm Bolt (whose range is also a bit nerfed compared to live). CS, MS, and Execute still kill people. You most likely won't have Rend anymore (because Avatar), and will be spending excess rage on Focused Rage in-between beatings. Once you get Sharpen Blade, you'll begin nearly-one-shotting people around once a minute. Based on what you wrote, you'll probably still like it! Unless they change it again, heh.

Recently got into the beta, wanted to try out arms, for now i'm liking it but i do seem to get rage starved a bit, do some of the artifact traits or something solve this issue?
    And the rotation feels wonky a bit, we've got a few new(old) buttons to press but some of them don't seem to be worth pressing.

Quote Originally Posted by Levisaurus View Post
    Recently got into the beta, wanted to try out arms, for now i'm liking it but i do seem to get rage starved a bit, do some of the artifact traits or something solve this issue?
    And the rotation feels wonky a bit, we've got a few new(old) buttons to press but some of them don't seem to be worth pressing.
    I hate all the new buttons. They are a lot of work for only the marginalist gain (overpower, focused rage). The pure passive spec that uses WW to spam between MS procs is easy and consistent, but maddeningly boring. I refuse to run a spec that includes slam because that is a crap ability they should have cut. I am glad they make that an option at least.

- - - Updated - - -

What is up with Arms execute phase? Should I be using MS anymore below 20%? Is execute always better?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wulfey View Post

What is up with Arms execute phase? Should I be using MS anymore below 20%? Is execute always better?
    If you are using the In For the Kill talent you definitely should be. If you are playing WW style; chances are you'll be using IFTK.

Execute is still our highest DPR ability, making it top priority besides maintaining CS debuff and using MS to generate Rage.
    Last edited by Stoic; 2016-07-12 at 09:02 PM.