Page 71 of 76 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fadeslol View Post
    I'll drink raw milk over GMO milk any day of the week. Humans have been drinking raw milk for thousands of years.
    Yes, back in the days when we lived to the ripe old age of thirty.

I will no longer be giving you a platform to voice your opinions. Troll or not, your opinion is dangerous if it spreads.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Xirrohon View Post
    You are a funny one. I guess you must be a Paleo person? Lol

Lets address these one by one shall we?

-B12, I already said I supplement it
    -Iron, I eat beans and spinach every day, even the post I made had beans and spinach listed
    -Some amino acids, please be more specific so I can correct for you
    -Carnosine? the only research that has been on this has been done on animals, the only thing its been tested for in humans is to improve athetic performance.
    -DHA, this is a reach
    -Creatine, humans make their own creatine, there is no need to supplement
    -Vitamin A, Spinach has vitamin A as do Sweet Potatoes both of which I eat a lot of
    -Vitamin K2, is in green leafy veggies, did you miss me saying I eat Spinach?

You are the worst kind of Bro Scientist. One that has enough knowledge to make it sound like they know what they are talking about but have no clue...
    Talking down to me just makes you come across as an ass. And no, I don't eat paleo or caveman or any variation that you seem to think will discredit me.

Creatine is half synthesized by the body, you still don't make optimum levels on your own.

And if you have to supplement your diet to meet your nutrition requirements, it's not a balanced diet.

You've yet to address the fact that we do not absorb some nutrients as efficiently from plants. When you can do that, we can continue this discussion.

Vegan diets are not suitable for the wider population because of the increased quanitities of food required to meet caloric and nutritional intake requirements.
    Last edited by Snuffleupagus; 2016-07-11 at 11:00 PM.
    I may pay my subscription every month, but I don't lose sight of the fact that the other 4/9/24/39 people I'm grouped with pay too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xirrohon View Post
    You are a funny one. I guess you must be a Paleo person? Lol

Lets address these one by one shall we?

-B12, I already said I supplement it
    -Iron, I eat beans and spinach every day, even the post I made had beans and spinach listed
    -Some amino acids, please be more specific so I can correct for you
    -Carnosine? the only research that has been on this has been done on animals, the only thing its been tested for in humans is to improve athetic performance.
    -DHA, this is a reach
    -Creatine, humans make their own creatine, there is no need to supplement
    -Vitamin A, Spinach has vitamin A as do Sweet Potatoes both of which I eat a lot of
    -Vitamin K2, is in green leafy veggies, did you miss me saying I eat Spinach?

You are the worst kind of Bro Scientist. One that has enough knowledge to make it sound like they know what they are talking about but have no clue...
    So you admit your diet does not supply you everything you need.

Quote Originally Posted by Fargus View Post
    We should treat animals humanely regardless. I don't think you know what the word "humane" means. You seem to think treating a living being humanely should only be to those who can build societies...
    Not just building society, but some form of being on the same level as humans because at the end of the day, humans are animals. I mean like I said, if they could display human levels of intelligence, emotion, or communication then we have something to discuss, but until that point the situation is that we're animals and they're animals, but we're the better animals. And by better I mean we have higher evolutionary fitness thus we are better adapted to our environment as shown by the massive amount of humans on earth.

Quote Originally Posted by Narwhalosh Whalescream View Post
    Countless of animals die every day to sate your appetite, raised to be slaughtered so to say. Polluting the environment, contributing to the green house effect.

Did you know that every male chicken born in a chicken coop is to be killed as soon it comes out of it's egg? There are reasons for it, but to think that they have no rights to live at all.

Calves? They get separated from their mothers at birth only to feed humans milk and then get slaughtered.

Bees? They collect honey for the colder times, only to be taken away.

"But muh convenience". Yes, going vegan is inconvenient, but it is steadily growing, and soon enough they will be releasing synthetic meat if you really can't stop eating meat. Just don't overdo it, not good for you.

"But muh bakery". Tough luck.

There are plenty of delicious vegan recipes and restaurants. There are many big vegan communities at your leisure. I'm sure you will find something tasty.
    because we NEED vitamin B12 that comes from meat in order to maintain our healthiness

Quote Originally Posted by Snuffleupagus View Post
    Yes, back in the days when we lived to the ripe old age of thirty.

I will no longer be giving you a platform to voice your opinions. Troll or not, your opinion is dangerous if it spreads.

- - - Updated - - -

Talking down to me just makes you come across as an ass. And no, I don't eat paleo or caveman or any variation that you seem to think will discredit me.

Creatine is half synthesized by the body, you still don't make optimum levels on your own.

And if you have to supplement your diet to meet your nutrition requirements, it's not a balanced diet.

You've yet to address the fact that we do not absorb some nutrients as efficiently from plants. When you can do that, we can continue this discussion.

Vegan diets are not suitable for the wider population because of the increased quanitities of food required to meet caloric and nutritional intake requirements.
    Lucky for you, i don't need your approval. It's not dangerous to drink raw milk.

Lucky for you, i don't need your approval. It's not dangerous to drink raw milk.
    I really hope you're trolling. It took me 2 seconds to google this:

http://www.cdc.gov/foodsafety/rawmil...eaks-2012.html

Quote Originally Posted by Therec View Post

Just beause the CDC said it's bad, doesn't mean it is. The CDC said GMOs are good and they are fckin horrible for you.

You guys want free health care in the US yet u don't push GMO labeling?

http://www.realmilk.com/wp-content/u...tofStudies.pdf

How is it a troll to drink or eat real food, not fake shit.

Update: https://www.organicvalley.coop/produ...d-half-gallon/

This is the closest thing you can buy in NJ. Although it's 8-9 dollars for a half of gallon, it's worth it.
    Last edited by Fadeslol; 2016-07-11 at 11:43 PM.

Just beause the CDC said it's bad, doesn't mean it is. The CDC said GMOs are good and they are fckin horrible for you.

You guys want free health care in the US yet u don't push GMO labeling?

http://www.realmilk.com/wp-content/u...tofStudies.pdf

How is it a troll to drink or eat real food, not fake shit.

Update: https://www.organicvalley.coop/produ...d-half-gallon/

This is the closest thing you can buy in NJ. Although it's 8-9 dollars for a half of gallon, it's worth it.
    Oh you're a follower the Weston A. Price Foundation. Nevermind there's no hope arguing.

10+ Year Old Account

Don't give the troll a platform to voice dangerous views.
    I may pay my subscription every month, but I don't lose sight of the fact that the other 4/9/24/39 people I'm grouped with pay too.

Yeah once i saw the source of the "rebuttal" he linked I knew all the argument would do is expose more dangerous views, so I'm not going to argue anymore.

Yeah once i saw the source of the "rebuttal" he linked I knew all the argument would do is expose more dangerous views, so I'm not going to argue anymore.
    CDC said GMOs are good and i don't see you bitching.

- - - Updated - - -

Maybe you should use some common sense. Linking CDC stuff when they approve GMOs and they are bad for you. Only dangerous views are the ones coming out of your mouth.

Deleted
    Do you have any research to back up your claim that GMOs are bad?

Don't say "but it's common sense", provide actual scientific research.

Quote Originally Posted by Benevolence View Post

How hard is it to understand GMO's are super bad for you. I'm really, come on? You want a bunch of chemicals in your food?

10+ Year Old Account

There is none. There is scientific consensus that GMO food is okay as long as it is adequately tested. The only tangible negative is not nutrition related, but rather the controversial idea that strains of seed can be patented by companies.

The fact that anti GMO advocates talk about chemicals in your food should tell you all you need to know about their level of knowledge on the matter.

Edit: Sweet jesus, as if to prove my point...
    Last edited by Snuffleupagus; 2016-07-12 at 12:30 AM.

Deleted
    How hard is it to understand GMO's are super bad for you. I'm really, come on? You want a bunch of chemicals in your food?
    Oh, you're just a troll.

Don't derail
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2016-07-12 at 01:10 AM.

Oh, you're just a troll.
    oh yea, i'm trolling because i care what i eat and put into my body. Holy shit, this forum gives me cancer.

- - - Updated - - -

There is none. There is scientific consensus that GMO food is okay as long as it is adequately tested. The only tangible negative is not nutrition related, but rather the controversial idea that strains of seed can be patented by companies.

The fact that anti GMO advocates talk about chemicals in your food should tell you all you need to know about their level of knowledge on the matter.

Edit: Sweet jesus, as if to prove my point...
    Prove your point you have no idea what your talking about, yea.

Update: http://responsibletechnology.org/10-...to-avoid-gmos/

I mean, you can just google it, i don't need to explain to you considering you believe everything the FDA said.
    Last edited by Fadeslol; 2016-07-12 at 12:47 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    If we never bred animals for food, they would have never been alive in the first place.

Who are we to deny their brief and tasty existence?

Quote Originally Posted by Vynny View Post
    Not just building society, but some form of being on the same level as humans because at the end of the day, humans are animals. I mean like I said, if they could display human levels of intelligence, emotion, or communication then we have something to discuss, but until that point the situation is that we're animals and they're animals, but we're the better animals. And by better I mean we have higher evolutionary fitness thus we are better adapted to our environment as shown by the massive amount of humans on earth.
    Why does an animal have to posses these things for us not to treat it like shit or an inanimate object? My dog and rats don't have any of these things, but that doesn't mean I should treat them inhumanely and with cruelty.

As for being "better animals", that's only from a human perspective. Nature and the universe doesn't care, at the end of the day if we're wiped out, the Earth will continue to go on its business and another animal will take our place.

Quote Originally Posted by Kujako View Post
    Because I find our treatment of vegetables to be inhumane. They are kept in confined rows, force fed chemicals to induce faster growth, only to be yanked out of the ground and killed for your kale salad.
    This was going to be my response as well.

The simple answer is steak, and bacon, and a lot of other stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Narwhalosh Whalescream View Post
    You can have that as a vegan too! You may need to take vitamin supplements though.
    Something that requires supplements to be balanced isn't balanced.