Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Molis View Post
    The Pro Legacy team already has their DDoS attacks at the ready.
    What better way to raise awareness of your cause by inconveniencing millions of players at the time when being inconvenienced is least convenient!

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe, depends on how many people buy into the Legion hype.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

Quote Originally Posted by Extremeties View Post
    Wtf is that web page? Is that hackers attacking or some shit? I just checked it out. Tons of attacks from China to the state of Washington.
    pretty much hackers, botnetworks, whatever attacking honeypots.

Probably but hopefully nowhere near as bad as mists and WoD.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just take your time, don't rush through it. You'll enjoy it more that way.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Herald of the Titans SoulSoBreezy's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cFortyfive View Post
    Eh who would have thought years later and people are still too dumb to read what that site actually shows.
    Anyways yes there will be issues.
    Helping us (me) understand would be a bit more helpful than a personal insult =(.
    I admit I was mostly looking at the pretty lights and noticed that Blizzard locations were getting totally lit up.

During Cata's launch, I was on Sargeras, Alliance side. At that time and to this day, Is one the largest populated servers in the game. With Catas launch, there we no issues that I can recall the server having. I remember I was there with a buddy at midnight when the servers launched with no issues. However, I just transfered my main character that I will be maining over Tichondrius horde and apparently Tich has the largest population of all the servers so I am a bit worried how this server will do. That said, from playing on Tich horde a little bit, the hordes population doesn't seem all that high when looking with the naked eye.

Does anyone know if it's an Alliance dominated server when it comes to population? I was told from a certain someone, family member... who may or may not work at Blizzard that Tichondrius horde was the dominating side for the server but I just can't see it in terms of what I am seeing in Warspear, Org and Dalaran. At least coming from Sargeras Alliance where both Stormwind and Ironforge were flooded with people, it kind of find it hard to believe that Tichondrius is horde dominated.
    Last edited by Extremities; 2016-07-12 at 12:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SoulSoBreezy View Post
    Helping us (me) understand would be a bit more helpful than a personal insult =(.
    I admit I was mostly looking at the pretty lights and noticed that Blizzard locations were getting totally lit up.
    Well sure no problem sorry this particular subject triggers me a bit ^ but this citation from the site should help to clear things up.
    The attacks shown are based on a small subset of live flows against the Norse honeypot infrastructure
    Last edited by cFortyfive; 2016-07-12 at 12:34 AM.

I have literally tested every classes artifact quests except for the Mage and Priest healing artifacts and have yet to run into a single issue with any of them as of late. At first, months ago when the quests were introduced there were issues for sure but right now in its current form, I haven't had a single issue with ANY artifact quest I have done that was not the Mage and Priest. So I personally have no idea how you're talking about with classes being stuck on the 1st artifact bugged quests unable to progress. They've come a long way and QUICK with the fixes to the artifact quests. In fact, Id say they have squashed a lot of bugs and issues in Legions Alpha/beta quicker than they did in WoD and Mists Alpha/beta. I feel like they're legitimately trying this expansion for a change.
    You missed a very important word there, "if." As of right now on the beta resto druids quest bugs sometimes you just have to keep redoing the last guy, DKs are having issues picking up their 2nd wpn, frost mages are bugging on theirs from time to time. Really none of that matters though I am sure they will fix it. All I was saying is those are the big choke points that if they bug it will hinder what people can do. Class halls have bugged out plenty of times as well. Really once people can get their 1st wpn and get back to Dalaran any bugs wont be game breaking as long as they are fixed quickly.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Donald Hellscream View Post
    Probably but hopefully nowhere near as bad as mists and WoD.
    I didn't have any issues with MoP and I played from launch at 12 until the sun was up for awhile. I didn't stop until they did a rolling restart around 8am i think. WoD the garrison goblin bugging out was a pain in the ass or the next day when about 300 ppl were stuck on flight point mounts all hovering a foot off the ground then d/cing over and over.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

There may still be issues but they won't be nearly as bad as WOD. The bottlenecking issues are lightened with the different starting areas people can be funneled into.

So yes expect some issues early in the morning (or night depending where you are?) but to be a lot better faster probably than WOD :P
    Prot Warrior 2004-2008. Hunter 2008-2018.
    Retired boomer.

Quote Originally Posted by Sastank View Post
    There may still be issues but they won't be nearly as bad as WOD. The bottlenecking issues are lightened with the different starting areas people can be funneled into.

So yes expect some issues early in the morning (or night depending where you are?) but to be a lot better faster probably than WOD :P
    WoD also had unusual problems that cause server issues, things like being DDoS'd and the fact that a lot more people came back than they expected. The population jumped to 10 million again at the start of WoD that was an increase of 3 million.

I had no issues with WoD, so fingers crossed it is as smooth as that.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Deleted
    There will be issues. There will be unforeseen bottlenecks. There will be lag. It could potentially be hell on Earth.

Best thing to do if you insist on playing (and yes I do!) is to grab a few beers, sit back with a second monitor at the ready and log onto your voice chat program of choice with your best WoW buddies and ride through the night whether rain or shine occasionally gawping at the links to that site that shows DDOS attacks in realtime.

During Cata's launch, I was on Sargeras, Alliance side. At that time and to this day, Is one the largest populated servers in the game. With Catas launch, there we no issues that I can recall the server having. I remember I was there with a buddy at midnight when the servers launched with no issues. However, I just transfered my main character that I will be maining over Tichondrius horde and apparently Tich has the largest population of all the servers so I am a bit worried how this server will do. That said, from playing on Tich horde a little bit, the hordes population doesn't seem all that high when looking with the naked eye.

Does anyone know if it's an Alliance dominated server when it comes to population? I was told from a certain someone, family member... who may or may not work at Blizzard that Tichondrius horde was the dominating side for the server but I just can't see it in terms of what I am seeing in Warspear, Org and Dalaran. At least coming from Sargeras Alliance where both Stormwind and Ironforge were flooded with people, it kind of find it hard to believe that Tichondrius is horde dominated.
    Cataclysm was very smooth. But the majority of it was on old continents anyways correct? Isn't Vash on Azeroth/Kalimdor world server? Either way yeah it was very very smooth. Pretty much if you were able to log in before launch then you were just fine. As for the other question. I don't know how often it's updated.. I'm sure somebody here will let you know, but.. https://realmpop.com

I would be surprised if there wasn't another DDOS attack. People saying its entirely blizzards fault on opening days are misinformed. WoD's has been the worst we have seen and I am sure they are expecting it this time. How much will this help? Difficult to say.

On their end, they have done a lot to stop the bottlenecks. I have no doubt that Dala will be hard on the servers, but aside from that, people can and will spread out far away from everyone else.

Final thoughts: I have high hopes for a smooth opening, but I am keeping my expectations low because of an attack. If in a hypothetical scenario, there was absolutely zero attack on the day, I would expect a very clean rollout. As always I will be online at the opening, so ask me again in september.
    Last edited by Rilas13; 2016-07-12 at 02:11 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kagthul View Post
    Will the sun com up in the east?

It has little to do with upgrading servers. No matter what, there is only so much you can do when millions of people bombard your servers all at once. They could have twice the servers online as they do now (since each World Server doesn't have to be separate and zones can be spun up on extra servers) and it wont matter. At some point, somewhere, there will be a bottleneck, either at Blizzards end or internet traffic going to them through the various connections between you and Blizz (I.E. the carriers in between you and Blizz aren't prepared).
    truer words may have been spoken somewhere, but truth!
    i will add in, that with wow being able to 'live update' since mop, to prevent not being able to get on from authentication servers being overloaded, make sure to log in at least 30m before, maybe even hours, then stand near quest giver with gfx turned on low as hell but still tolerable to your eyes (so many people / so many more models being written, not all crashes are because of latency, your pc may not be able to handle the load as well either)

do both of those, and sure servers can, and will most likely crash, but if you have a chance to zoom through starting area, and then because legion lets you spread through different zones, you can get to a point where you don't have to worry about a single cluster#### of people after the initial start. just zoom away to a random zone.
    Still I cry, tears like pouring rain, Innocent is my lurid pain.

Quote Originally Posted by WintersLegion View Post
    WoD also had unusual problems that cause server issues, things like being DDoS'd and the fact that a lot more people came back than they expected. The population jumped to 10 million again at the start of WoD that was an increase of 3 million.
    That's also very true. I forgot to even mention those fuqboi ddosers.
    Prot Warrior 2004-2008. Hunter 2008-2018.
    Retired boomer.

Is the sky blue?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Einsz View Post
    Yes, there will be server issues, always were, blizzard never learns
    What Blizzard has learned, along with any other studio that maintains servers for their games, is that it's expensive and pointless to calculate your capacity based on the two busiest days every couple of years.

Yeah, there will likely be some issues. The trick will be to see how quickly they straighten them out. I don't expect it to be anything like Warlords. To be fair though, on the medium population server I was on for one of my alts Warlords went perfectly. No queues to speak of and no real problems after the first half dozen hours.

Likely there will be DDOS attacks but if the attackers are really good there's very little that Blizzard can do about it since they'll go after stops just upstream of Blizzard's IP's.
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2016-07-12 at 03:16 AM.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Only if you are playing on a high capacity server id guess, I cant remember the last xpack i had issues for and I play at midnight til...