Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by The Archmage View Post
    Ok, am i the only one that finds Orbs VERY cool?
    Not at all, I'm with you. Our artifact isn't necessarily the flashiest out there, but our visual is the best out of all of them. The three orbs are the coolest thing ever and there will be no doubt a fire Mage is in the group. Talk about class identity. Can't wait to go fire full time at pre patch and Legion.

Quote Originally Posted by Ctee View Post
    Not at all, I'm with you. Our artifact isn't necessarily the flashiest out there, but our visual is the best out of all of them. The three orbs are the coolest thing ever and there will be no doubt a fire Mage is in the group. Talk about class identity. Can't wait to go fire full time at pre patch and Legion.
    Time. I've been a fire mage at heart since WoTLK with unlimited LB targets. I'm ready to fully embrace Fire again in PvP and PvE.

Quote Originally Posted by Telomir View Post
    Time. I've been a fire mage at heart since WoTLK with unlimited LB targets. I'm ready to fully embrace Fire again in PvP and PvE.
    To me, it will mainly depend on how Arcane turns out to be... I am a GREAT Arcane Mage, always have been. Min/Maxing stuff management is always been my thing.

Also, Arcane visuals are FINALLY what they were always supposed to be, and the upfront damage the spec is able to dish out is very appealing to me... expecially in PvP (where all this damage reduction nonsense will finally be gone)

To me, it will mainly depend on how Arcane turns out to be... I am a GREAT Arcane Mage, always have been. Min/Maxing stuff management is always been my thing.

Also, Arcane visuals are FINALLY what they were supposed to be, and the upfront damage the spec is able to dish out is very appealing to me... expecially in PvP (where all this damage reduction nonsense will finally be gone)
    I'd go Arcane in 7.0.3 but many reports are saying its very lackluster, which is my main concern, friend.

If arcane is weak they'll buff it. They said they want all specs very close via frequent tuning hotfixes because of how switching specs is harder due to artifacts.

Quote Originally Posted by jimme View Post
    What spec will we be leveling with in legion?
    I think either frost or arcane. Fire lost that ignite slow glyph which made them stand out when it came to leveling. As usual though mage leveling will be somewhat a drag.

Quote Originally Posted by Nitros14 View Post
    If arcane is weak they'll buff it. They said they want all specs very close via frequent tuning hotfixes because of how switching specs is harder due to artifacts.
    Never believe what they say. 90% of the time it is just bs that they spread in order to keep the masses happy and hopeful.

Quote Originally Posted by Telomir View Post
    I'd go Arcane in 7.0.3 but many reports are saying its very lackluster, which is my main concern, friend.
    I found myself often disagreing with the "common opinion": specs that were considered crap i found interesting and was able to play and outperform the so called "OP" ones. At the end of the day, mostly it all comes down to min/maxing all you can.

Arcane, for this very reason, will no longer be the crappy spec (like it has been up until WoTLK): its ST cannon niche is too important to mess it up. I don't expect to be on par on the AoE segment with a well iterated spec like Fire, since Arcane's AoE mechanics are all brand new, but ideas re all there: now it's just a matter of tweaking numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by Nitros14 View Post
    they say they want all specs close together every single expansion - doesn't mean it will happen

Arcane, for this very reason, will no longer be the crappy spec (like it has been up until WoTLK)
    not sure you can say "will no longer be the crappy spec" when referring to how the spec was 8 years ago? lol
    Last edited by Dizzeeyooo; 2016-07-12 at 09:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dizzeeyooo View Post
    not sure you can say "will no longer be the crappy spec" when referring to how the spec was 8 years ago? lol
    Yeah, i should have said "never again"... meaning that the spec design is now clear to Blizzard, aswell as its purpose. It will never be again the "unpolished thing" that it was back in the day.

they say they want all specs close together every single expansion - doesn't mean it will happen
    This expansion is a bit different since there's a strong potential to get screwed if you pick the wrong spec and they don't change it due to artifact levelling. Every other expansion you just reenchant your gear, change a few pieces and you're good.

I found myself often disagreing with the "common opinion": specs that were considered crap i found interesting and was able to play and outperform the so called "OP" ones. At the end of the day, mostly it all comes down to min/maxing all you can.

Arcane, for this very reason, will no longer be the crappy spec (like it has been up until WoTLK): its ST cannon niche is too important to mess it up. I don't expect to be on par on the AoE segment with a well iterated spec like Fire, since Arcane's AoE mechanics are all brand new, but ideas re all there: now it's just a matter of tweaking numbers.
    I'll keep that in mind and take your approach - thank you.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think the strongest argument for arcane is not that they say they want them to be close, but the fact that arcane typically is never weak, and they always buff it if it is, from wotlk onward it's been a very strong and always viable spec.

I'd be surprised if it went live like this, and if it did, there'd be buffs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vynestra View Post
    I think the strongest argument for arcane is not that they say they want them to be close, but the fact that arcane typically is never weak, and they always buff it if it is, from wotlk onward it's been a very strong and always viable spec.

I'd be surprised if it went live like this, and if it did, there'd be buffs.
    I have to concur.

I have doubts about Arcane, we all do. Yet we've also been Mages long enough to realise that Arcane always has it's time on top.

The new version of Arcane maybe the best yet, which is why I am going with my head (which says Arcane) against my heart (which says Frost) this time.

I plan to bite the bullet, level as Arcane, and see how it does in PVP and PVE contents.

Besides, Greater Invisibility (aka Invisibility as it should be for everyone, but what can you do?) and Displacement just look too good to pass up...and the aoe slow. Don't forget the aoe slow.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Obelisk Kai View Post
    I have to concur.

I have doubts about Arcane, we all do. Yet we've also been Mages long enough to realise that Arcane always has it's time on top.

The new version of Arcane maybe the best yet, which is why I am going with my head (which says Arcane) against my heart (which says Frost) this time.

I plan to bite the bullet, level as Arcane, and see how it does in PVP and PVE contents.

Besides, Greater Invisibility (aka Invisibility as it should be for everyone, but what can you do?) and Displacement just look too good to pass up...and the aoe slow. Don't forget the aoe slow.
    Wait displacement is arcane only? I didn't realize that, lol.

That is pretty huge, it's very significant for kiting I feel.

And I think the reason they've been nerfing the arcane % dmg things like the artifact from 5 to 3% is because theyre seeing it scales to crazy numbers with all the multiplicatives. Since arcane has multiplicative multipliers the more multiples you add the higher it goes, of course.

Fire has some of the same with PI, but that isn't an always thing like arcane charges.

Deleted
    So, are there any new informations for the best trinkets for each specc with prepatch?

Quote Originally Posted by Rilas13 View Post
    Frost, I also like Fire but Frost's control is and always has been very useful for solo content.
    Which honestly has never been an issue while leveling except back in the day when you could frost AOE level like a motherfucker.

Quote Originally Posted by Whinewhisper View Post
    Which honestly has never been an issue while leveling except back in the day when you could frost AOE level like a motherfucker.
    True, but you'll want to level as frost because you can get a 5% xp and rep buff from talking to a quest npc in dalaran with the weapon equiped.

I can't seem to get warcraft logs working with these dummies but I'm just messing around on PTR with specs.

I don't have fire trinkets so I'm just rolling with the trinkets I have. Fire will probably look even better with good trinkets for it. I tried a few builds, this one seemed to perform best for fire. Quickening feels pretty disappointing for arcane right now, I think it'll need artifact traits and 110 stuff to shine. Without overpowered you won't have arcane power for the ring's full duration. Ilvl 744 for all of them with maxed ring.

Frost I couldn't seem to get anything working well.

Last edited by Nitros14; 2016-07-14 at 05:12 AM.

Fire is like that now... I leveled beta as fire and I go in and pull a bunch of mobs and aoe them down real quick with LB.