Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sicari View Post
    C) What I am asking is how everyone can be so sure that she is at fault for his aggressive attitude toward her before she ever refused to leave the car.
    He told us so. She was late but expected him to make up the time and rush. He is obviously extremely angry and can barely even get that much out so who knows if that's the extent of her transgressions.

Quote Originally Posted by Chrysia View Post
    It's a question of probabilities. Is it more likely he was aggravated at the beginning of this video for literally no reason, or that she engaged in the same or similar irritating behavior on display in the video prior to her filming? I vote the latter.

The Uber app, to the best of my knowledge, requires an actual physical address to be input, not intersections and the like. I could be wrong.
    The customer does not need to enter a destination at all. The Driver doesn't get that information until he accepts the call and it's only in the app if the passenger inputs it...which they can do even after the ride has started.

15+ Year Old Account
    Was reading some of the comments on the video. I took a screenshot, Ned take this with a grain of salt but someone claims to know the drivers brother. Sorry it's the full screenshot, the comment is from Eric Johnson.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve French View Post
    He told us so. She was late but expected him to make up the time and rush. He is obviously extremely angry and can barely even get that much out so who knows if that's the extent of her transgressions.
    So, that then justifies his overt hostility? If she was later than the cut off time (which i think is something like 3-5 minutes)...he could have just left her there.

Can we not address the fact that this man clearly has rage issues that may have contributed to the situation? I mean, you've used the word "lunatic" yourself when describing him.

7+ Year Old Account
    So, that then justifies his overt hostility? If she was later than the cut off time (which i think is something like 3-5 minutes)...he could have just left her there.

Can we not address the fact that this man clearly has rage issues that may have contributed to the situation? I mean, you've used the word "lunatic" yourself when describing him.
    Did I once say his anger was justified? He could have left her there instead of waiting you're right but I guess he was a nice enough guy to wait for her instead of moving on to the next client, and guess what his reward was for waiting? That's right, a giant fuck you. I'd be a little upset too.

We have addressed it, several times.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve French View Post
    Did I once say his anger was justified? He could have left her there instead of waiting you're right but I guess he was a nice enough guy to wait for her instead of moving on to the next client, and guess what his reward was for waiting? That's right, a giant fuck you. I'd be a little upset too.

We have addressed it, several times.
    You have addressed it. Others have stated his reaction as "totally normal".

All I'm saying is that he may have a bit of a temper that could have been a contributing factor to the total collapse of this situation. I am not excusing her own culpability.
    Last edited by Evil Midnight Bomber; 2016-07-12 at 12:36 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is why you have your own cameras running in the vehicle, recording every job you take. Nothing better then some unmitigated video footage to reinforce your lawsuit and give you the win.

I'd sue the fuck out of this bitch the moment she posted her completely rigged version of the video online.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dys View Post
    This is why you have your own cameras running in the vehicle, recording every job you take. Nothing better then some unmitigated video footage to reinforce your lawsuit and give you the win.
    Exactly, it's worth the small investment to protect yourself from problems like this.

All I'm saying is that he may have a bit of a temper that could have been a contributing factor to the total collapse of this situation. I am not excusing her own culpability.
    I've not seen anyone call the reaction "totally normal." I have stated several times that it is within the human normal reaction spectrum, especially if you believe his claims of her behavior prior to her filming. When someone irritates you and you cannot remove yourself from their presence, and they refuse to remove themselves from your presence, it's not unusual to become agitated and belligerent.

3DS Friend Code: 0146-9205-4817. Could show as either Chris or Chrysia.

Quote Originally Posted by Chrysia View Post
    I've not seen anyone call the reaction "totally normal." I have stated several times that it is within the human normal reaction spectrum, especially if you believe his claims of her behavior prior to her filming. When someone irritates you and you cannot remove yourself from their presence, and they refuse to remove themselves from your presence, it's not unusual to become agitated and belligerent.
    It's pretty unusual to get this upset over a difficult customer. He's about to have a stroke.

Why do you think he was the one in the wrong?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dys View Post

I'd sue the fuck out of this bitch the moment she posted her completely rigged version of the video online.
    Great idea.

There really isn't enough context from this video alone to tell what the crux of the issue is. She may have been berating him the entire ride. He may have flipped out for no good reason at all. The video just doesn't show us if his or her reactions are justified.

What is obvious though, is that this rather large looking man is very, very pissed. Right or wrong, he is asking her to leave his car and she isn't. Taking right or wrong out of it for the moment, that's a very bone headed move on her part. No matter how morally justified she may have felt, she was making the situation a lot worse and running the risk of becoming a victim of violence.

Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    Why do you think he was the one in the wrong?
    I'm not saying he was. I'm asking why everyone assumes she was. It's not the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by jellmoo View Post
    There really isn't enough context from this video alone to tell what the crux of the issue is. She may have been berating him the entire ride. He may have flipped out for no good reason at all. The video just doesn't show us if his or her reactions are justified.

What is obvious though, is that this rather large looking man is very, very pissed. Right or wrong, he is asking her to leave his car and she isn't. Taking right or wrong out of it for the moment, that's a very bone headed move on her part. No matter how morally justified she may have felt, she was making the situation a lot worse and running the risk of becoming a victim of violence.
    Also seems to be some sort of trespassing, imo.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hmm, people are actually siding with the driver? Weird...

From my point of view, it doesn't matter how she treated him: he works in the customer service, he is supposed to be polite and diplomatic, no matter how bad the client is. As someone who has worked in the customer service in the past, I know the pain of having to deal with asshole clients - but I also know that you are at work and you are supposed to behave professionally. No matter how justified the guy's reaction was, in my opinion, he should be fired for his behavior.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

10+ Year Old Account
    She asked him to take her to the ER entrance. He did not take her to the ER entrance. A case can be made to say he did not bring her to her destination.
    A case can be made, and immediately shot dead. Uber functions by address. You pay from transit from X to Y, predetermined, not a vague description like you can do with a taxi. If she wants to establish a new contract to take her to a new location, that is his prerogative.

As for her circumstances, she's pretty clearly manipulating public perception of the event. The mere fact that she is doing so makes it far less likely that people are going to believe that she is somehow justified for her actions, which ultimately involve illegal trespassing in private property. If she is purposefully attempting to manipulate public viewers, on what basis should we give her the benefit of the doubt and assume that her prior actions were benign?

It's pretty unusual to get this upset over a difficult customer. He's about to have a stroke.
    That depends on the full context, such as the length of the ride and her specific actions throughout. Again, from his statements it sounds like he tried to go the extra mile to make sure she got her ride, and if it was a longish ride with even the level of annoyance on display in the video, I could see someone with only a slightly shorter fuse than average becoming irritated. If you start off trying to be polite and they throw it in your face from the beginning, and continue to do so throughout, patience can quickly evaporate.

3DS Friend Code: 0146-9205-4817. Could show as either Chris or Chrysia.

Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post

From my point of view, it doesn't matter how she treated him: he works in the customer service, he is supposed to be polite and diplomatic, no matter how bad the client is. As someone who has worked in the customer service in the past, I know the pain of having to deal with asshole clients - but I also know that you are at work and you are supposed to behave professionally. No matter how justified the guy's reaction was, in my opinion, he should be fired for his behavior.
    Don't agree at all, this is in the realm of private contractors. He isn't a CSR for McDonalds, and that "customer is always right" idea is just bullshit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post

I don't see anyone disagreeing with that. The general opinion has basically been that he acted unprofessionally, but ultimately it is his property and she was illegally trespassing after having her permission to remain revoked by antagonizing him.

Woman sounded like an entitled twat that was being a bitch the entire time. He has every right to tell her to GTFO out of his car.
    Quote Originally Posted by Venant View Post
    I feel bad for all those 'protesters' at the Trump rally, it's like the real life equivalent of making a 40 man raid in WoW and not having the boss spawn, thereby denying them a chance at looting.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    That's a nonsense argument that ignores what words mean.