Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    Congratulations on successfully dodging an important part of my post and continuing to say nothing. You win the "Perfect BLM imitation" award.
    It's not my job to make sure you are capable of basic reading comprehension, if you're able to post I expect you to be able to read.
    There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there always has been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge." - Isaac Asimov

Quote Originally Posted by muto View Post
    I love it, because he knows they won't. The biggest culprit of black deaths is other blacks. If they want to stop blacks from being killed then they should stop killing each other. They don't want a solution, they just want to blame others for their own problems, and unfortunately that turned out to be the police.
    Whites kill whites, whites abuse whites. Does that mean it's okay for cops to kill whites? Does that mean it was okay for Noble to be shot with his hands up? Does that mean it's an issue we shouldn't be concerned with because white people kill and abuse whites more often than cops do them?

Quote Originally Posted by Espe View Post
    It's not my job to make sure you are capable of basic reading comprehension, if you're able to post I expect you to be able to read.
    I wouldn't be talking about reading comprehension if I were you.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    Whites kill whites, whites abuse whites. Does that mean it's okay for cops to kill whites? Does that mean it was okay for Noble to be shot with his hands up? Does that mean it's an issue we shouldn't be concerned with because white people kill and abuse whites more often than cops do them?
    No one seems to be burning down businesses and killing cops for them.

- - - Updated - - -

No one seems to be burning down businesses and killing cops for them.
    What exactly is the point you're trying to make by that statement?

I am saying cop training is an issue regardless of race, and then you turn around and talk about riots, what does that have to do with that issue?

Also in the cases of whites they more often get sent to trial.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, it's either one extreme or the other with some people. I've said it before but it's telling that the usual gun nut NRA zealots aren't in these threads defending the rights of armed citizens to overthrow tyrannical governments. Even the DPD police chief has come out against lawful concealed carry now.

Ok champ
    There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there always has been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge." - Isaac Asimov

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    Not everyone can join Dallas PD.
    Apparently if you have an opinion on the issue but you don't rush down to join up and throw your life away you will piss off a lot of internet warriors.

Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    This is a great solution, what do you think?
    Not a great solution. Only the naive think it'll make a much of a difference. Best case scenario is that they realize how officers around the country are being blamed for massive outliers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bolly View Post
    Not a great solution. Only the naive think it'll make a much of a difference.
    Well clearly it was a pr stunt. What is he supposed to say though? The chief himself has been trying to work on the endemic corruption but there's only so much one person can do.

What exactly is the point you're trying to make by that statement?

I am saying cop training is an issue regardless of race, and then you turn around and talk about riots, what does that have to do with that issue?

Also in the cases of whites they more often get sent to trial.
    No, you just said white twenty times because someone said if blacks dieing was important, a big focus would be on black on black crime. You didn't say a single thing about training in that blurb.

My point about the riots is that, I guess, white deaths are meaningless since I don't see any mass discord for them.

And trials have what to do with police brutality? And, last I checked, you can just plead guilty and skip a trial.

10+ Year Old Account
    I guess, white deaths are meaningless since I don't see any mass discord for them.
    You clearly haven't been paying attention then.

Not a great solution. Only the naive think it'll make a much of a difference. Best case scenario is that they realize how officers around the country are being blamed for massive outliers.
    That sounds like a massive positive. Plus, it'd show the empathy sorely lacking in the current charge to label all cops as black people hunters.

- - - Updated - - -

You clearly haven't been paying attention then.
    Feel free to point it out and disprove you are full of hot air.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    Not everyone can join Dallas PD.

That and any possible racism(If they exist), why would any black man(or woman) even join. I could also say any BLM that has a criminal record, I wouldn't really want them on the police force either.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    Feel free to point it out and disprove you are full of hot air.
    Are you really claiming that people don't protest when innocent white people are killed by police?

Seriously?

Are you really claiming that people don't protest when innocent white people are killed by police?

Seriously?
    Reading comprehension, boo. Do what I typed. Or, keep being full of hot air. It is quite fun to watch.

That sounds like a massive positive. Plus, it'd show the empathy sorely lacking in the current charge to label all cops as black people hunters.
    It definitely isn't. Ignoring the budgets they obviously have, a few good intentioned cops aren't going to do much of anything. You're still balancing the dicks out there that destroy police-civilian relations. This is the very reason why city people from crime-ridden zones, even despite being law abiding citizens, dislike cops as much as they dislike hoodrats. And that's ignoring laws that will have the ACLU up their ass when they know very damn well that they finally targetted the right group but their lack of causation wasn't enough for them to pull the stop.

10+ Year Old Account
    Reading comprehension, boo. Do what I typed. Or, keep being full of hot air. It is quite fun to watch.
    It's all over the news whenever there is a new shooting of an innocent US citizen by a cop.

But even if we are to take your fantasy of disproportionate response at face value, there could be a reason for it:

According to the most recent census data, there are nearly 160 million more white people in America than there are black people. White people make up roughly 62 percent of the U.S. population but only about 49 percent of those who are killed by police officers. African Americans, however, account for 24 percent of those fatally shot and killed by the police despite being just 13 percent of the U.S. population. As The Post noted in a new analysis published last week, that means black Americans are 2.5 times as likely as white Americans to be shot and killed by police officers.
    All lives matter, sure, but some lives seem to matter less than others.

It definitely isn't. Ignoring the budgets they obviously have, a few good intentioned cops aren't going to do much of anything. You're still balancing the dicks out there that destroy police-civilian relations. This is the very reason why city people from crime-ridden zones, even despite being law abiding citizens, dislike cops as much as they dislike hoodrats. And that's ignoring laws that will have the ACLU up their ass when they know very damn well that they finally targetted the right group but their lack of causation wasn't enough for them to pull the stop.
    See, I mentioned the dicks that cause problems and just had salaries vomited at me. Almost like addressing the vitriol BLM and shit black communities (I've lived in them. I know what I'm talking about.) would be difficult.

And even better. You get to have a fun showcase of the actions and ideals of the people who claim they want to end the violence. Shouldn't be an issue since these are all upstanding members of the community.

In the meantime, I'm going on a balloon ride thanks to Espe.

10+ Year Old Account
    shit black communities
    Not racist at all

In the meantime, I'm going on a balloon ride thanks to Espe.
    Hey, when all else fails just ignore the facts and slink away with your tail between your legs. That'll probably prove your point!

Not racist at all

Hey, when all else fails just ignore the facts and slink away with your tail between your legs. That'll probably prove your point!
    Good eye. You realize acknowledging a shitty community with shitty black people isn't racist.

There might be hope for you yet.