Page 72 of 76 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I want to remind everyone that just because someone doesn't hold your beliefs doesn't give you an excuse to call them a troll. It's derailing and falls under flaming here.

If you feel someone is trolling the thread, you're welcome to report the post and we'll review it.

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    I want to remind everyone that just because someone doesn't hold your beliefs doesn't give you an excuse to call them a troll. It's derailing and falls under flaming here.

If you feel someone is trolling the thread, you're welcome to report the post and we'll review it.
    This site should have a "like" button.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fargus View Post
    This site should have a "like" button.
    Honestly, it should have a like and dislike option with a small report at the base of each post showing proportion of like:dislike.
    I may pay my subscription every month, but I don't lose sight of the fact that the other 4/9/24/39 people I'm grouped with pay too.

Quote Originally Posted by Snuffleupagus View Post
    Yes, back in the days when we lived to the ripe old age of thirty.

I will no longer be giving you a platform to voice your opinions. Troll or not, your opinion is dangerous if it spreads.

- - - Updated - - -

Talking down to me just makes you come across as an ass. And no, I don't eat paleo or caveman or any variation that you seem to think will discredit me.

Creatine is half synthesized by the body, you still don't make optimum levels on your own.

And if you have to supplement your diet to meet your nutrition requirements, it's not a balanced diet.

You've yet to address the fact that we do not absorb some nutrients as efficiently from plants. When you can do that, we can continue this discussion.

Vegan diets are not suitable for the wider population because of the increased quanitities of food required to meet caloric and nutritional intake requirements.
    Absolutely Creatine is made by the body, the 1:1 ratio that you are trying to talk about is not essential.

Ok, so please explain to me why I have to supplement with B12, then we continue on about it, because I really do not think you know why. Do you know where animals get B12? Do you know why people that dont eat meat have supplement B12? If you can understand that, then you wont make such a big fuss about B12.

We absorb all of the necessary nutrients we need through plants. Besides B12 there is nothing that you cannot get through a plant based diet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xirrohon View Post
    Absolutely Creatine is made by the body, the 1:1 ratio that you are trying to talk about is not essential.

Ok, so please explain to me why I have to supplement with B12, then we continue on about it, because I really do not think you know why. Do you know where animals get B12? Do you know why people that dont eat meat have supplement B12? If you can understand that, then you wont make such a big fuss about B12.

We absorb all of the necessary nutrients we need through plants. Besides B12 there is nothing that you cannot get through a plant based diet.
    Congratulations on the non-answer. I never said you can't get the nutrients, I pointed out that you don't get them as efficiently.

And that's not sustainable.

Also, congratulations on apparently having the same digestive system as a herbivore.
    Last edited by Snuffleupagus; 2016-07-12 at 03:16 AM.
    I may pay my subscription every month, but I don't lose sight of the fact that the other 4/9/24/39 people I'm grouped with pay too.

Congratulations on the non-answer.
    I answered your questions...

Funny you talk about non answer yet wont answer my questions on B12. You have no idea about B12 nor do the people that keep saying, but, but B12. None of you have understanding or can explain how animals get B12. What it is, or why plant based people have to supplement it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I answered your questions...

Funny you talk about non answer yet wont answer my questions on B12. You have no idea about B12 nor do the people that keep saying, but, but B12. None of you have understanding or can explain how animals get B12. What it is, or why plant based people have to supplement it.
    If you have to supplement your diet, it's not very well balanced.

Edit: You didn't answer anything.

Edit 2: You've yet to address the fact that we do not absorb some nutrients as efficiently from plants. When you can do that, we can continue this discussion.

I know how B12 is synthesized by herbivores, but bacterial fermentation isn't relevant here - the fact that you can't get it reliably from a vegan diet is.
    Last edited by Snuffleupagus; 2016-07-12 at 03:23 AM.

If you have to supplement your diet, it's not very well balanced.

Edit: You didn't answer anything.

Edit 2: You've yet to address the fact that we do not absorb some nutrients as efficiently from plants. When you can do that, we can continue this discussion.
    I really would like to see your diet. I am sure you are not getting all of you nutrients. Youre stuck on B12 but cant even tell what B12 is...

Which nutrients are not absorbed efficiently through plants? Be more specific.

Lol, youre just troll. Just like I said, the worst kind of Bro Scientist. You know enough to be dangerous but when I confront you with facts, you have nothing to say. You cant even explain B12.

10+ Year Old Account
    I really would like to see your diet. I am sure you are not getting all of you nutrients. Youre stuck on B12 but cant even tell what B12 is...

Which nutrients are not absorbed efficiently through plants? Be more specific.

Lol, youre just troll. Just like I said, the worst kind of Bro Scientist. You know enough to be dangerous but when I confront you with facts, you have nothing to say. You cant even explain B12.
    I've listed them earlier. To you. Go back and look. You gave non answers and moved on. I never accepted them since you gave non answers such as "that's reaching".

I don't need to explain how herbivores (not all animals as you seem to think) make B12 as the process is not relevant. Stop dodging the point by calling me a bro scientist, especially when you haven't produced a single fact with any reputable source.

I've listed them earlier. To you. Go back and look. You gave non answers and moved on. I never accepted them since you gave non answers such as "that's reaching".

I don't need to explain how herbivores (not all animals as you seem to think) make B12 as the process is not relevant. Stop dodging the point by calling me a bro scientist, especially when you haven't produced a single fact with any reputable source.
    So youre talking about DHA? Is that it? Lol. Ill take the time to enlighten you. Im not sure why, but here you go...

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17622276

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20573490

https://nutritionandmetabolism.biome.../1743-7075-6-8

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20861171

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19500961

There, go read and learn about DHA.

Also, wrong about B12. Try again....

Where are your sources? Please show them.

Quote Originally Posted by Fadeslol View Post
    How hard is it to understand GMO's are super bad for you. I'm really, come on? You want a bunch of chemicals in your food?
    You say "chemicals" as if, by definition, they're a bad thing. They're not. Besides, if you ever eat a banana, congratulations, you're eating a GMO.

- - - Updated - - -

Prove your point you have no idea what your talking about, yea.

Update: http://responsibletechnology.org/10-...to-avoid-gmos/
    I see a lot of bold claims in that "article", yet very little (i.e. none) in the way of evidence to back up those claims.

7+ Year Old Account
    Vegan diet kills babies. This is why I am not a vegan!

Fish for dinner tonight sadly. Sadly cause every time I see this thread I hunger for a steak.

I was a vegetarian for a little over a year, and towards the end I just started feeling a bit mis-nourished. I find eating veggies with good meats like fish is better, for me at least.

10+ Year Old Account
    So youre talking about DHA? Is that it? Lol. Ill take the time to enlighten you. Im not sure why, but here you go...

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17622276

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20573490

https://nutritionandmetabolism.biome.../1743-7075-6-8

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20861171

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19500961

There, go read and learn about DHA.

Also, wrong about B12. Try again....

Where are your sources? Please show them.
    Er... yeah.

From your first link:

"...in vivo studies in humans show that asymptotically equal to 5% of ALA is converted to EPA and <0.5% of ALA is converted to DHA. Because the capacity of this pathway is very low in healthy, nonvegetarian humans, even large amounts of dietary ALA have a negligible effect on plasma DHA..."

Did you even read the links or understand what the studies were conducted for?

Since all you seem to be able to do is call "broscience!" and "troll!" while not providing anything of substance, I think we're done here.

Like I said, eat what you want, that's your right. Just don't spread misinformation.

Quote Originally Posted by callipygoustp View Post
    Vegan diet kills babies. This is why I am not a vegan!

Fish for dinner tonight sadly. Sadly cause every time I see this thread I hunger for a steak.
    For the parents of those children to do what they did is idiotic and I would never advocate it. Sounds like they had some weird thing against breast milk, that is pretty insane.

- - - Updated - - -

Er... yeah.

From your first link:

"...in vivo studies in humans show that asymptotically equal to 5% of ALA is converted to EPA and <0.5% of ALA is converted to DHA. Because the capacity of this pathway is very low in healthy, nonvegetarian humans, even large amounts of dietary ALA have a negligible effect on plasma DHA..."

Did you even read the links or understand what the studies were conducted for?

Since all you seem to be able to do is call "broscience!" and "troll!" while not providing anything of substance, I think we're done here.

Like I said, eat what you want, that's your right. Just don't spread misinformation.
    Did you just stop reading there or something? Wtf... Im willing to bet its more of youre lack of understanding of the studies because they clearly state that what you said about DHA was incorrect. I linked 5 studies all showing what you said about DHA to not be true.

Of course youre done here, you keep being proven wrong.

If you want to continue, lets start with B12, thats easy. Still waiting for the answers to my questions.

Ill give you a clue, its not a vitamin...
    Last edited by Xirrohon; 2016-07-12 at 03:50 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    For the parents of those children to do what they did is idiotic and I would never advocate it. Sounds like they had some weird thing against breast milk, that is pretty insane.

- - - Updated - - -

Did you just stop reading there or something? Wtf... Im willing to bet its more of youre lack of understanding of the studies because they clearly state that what you said about DHA was incorrect. I linked 5 studies all showing what you said about DHA to not be true.

Of course youre done here, you keep being proven wrong.

If you want to continue, lets start with B12, thats easy. Still waiting for the answers to my questions.

Ill give you a clue, its not a vitamin...
    Until you can be civil and answer my questions with studies that you have actually read, we are done.

You also seem to have a magical source of B12 that doesn't come from bacteria (bacteria found in the digestive systems of herbivores) and yet you don't want to share it and recieve your accolades for progressing vegan diets further forward everywhere.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/9637947

Just stop embarrassing yourself. Symptoms of B12 deficiency include psychosis...

Quote Originally Posted by Narwhalosh Whalescream View Post
    Countless of animals die every day to sate your appetite, raised to be slaughtered so to say. Polluting the environment, contributing to the green house effect.

Did you know that every male chicken born in a chicken coop is to be killed as soon it comes out of it's egg? There are reasons for it, but to think that they have no rights to live at all.

Calves? They get separated from their mothers at birth only to feed humans milk and then get slaughtered.

Bees? They collect honey for the colder times, only to be taken away.

"But muh convenience". Yes, going vegan is inconvenient, but it is steadily growing, and soon enough they will be releasing synthetic meat if you really can't stop eating meat. Just don't overdo it, not good for you.

"But muh bakery". Tough luck.

There are plenty of delicious vegan recipes and restaurants. There are many big vegan communities at your leisure. I'm sure you will find something tasty.
    Why arent you Gay yet ?

Until you can be civil and answer my questions with studies that you have actually read, we are done.

You also seem to have a magical source of B12 that doesn't come from bacteria (bacteria found in the digestive systems of herbivores) and yet you don't want to share it and recieve your accolades for progressing vegan diets further forward everywhere.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/9637947

Just stop embarrassing yourself. Symptoms of B12 deficiency include psychosis...
    https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22515943

Here another one that doesnt agree with what youve said. Ive linked 6, youve linked one, I have maybe another 5-6 I could link to support that others if you want.

I never said that I dont supplement B12. What you think about the gut bacteria in animals is wrong btw. How many stores of B12 does a normal person that eats meat have? Again, why must humans that dont eat meat have to supplement it? You cant even seem to answer that very easy question.

7+ Year Old Account
    How hard is it to understand GMO's are super bad for you. I'm really, come on? You want a bunch of chemicals in your food?
    That's not how GMOs work at all, and if that's what you think, then I'm not surprised why people are saying to avoid giving you a platform to speak.

A simple google search "Are GMOs good or bad"
    http://www.precisionnutrition.com/ar...or-your-health

Nothing is ever unequivocally, 100% safe. As mentioned in that article; 'Name something, and someone's died from it'.
    But if you've ever eaten any crop (corn, bananas, whatever), you've eaten GMOs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Brolibear!
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    Ladies know and love his caaaaaause! It is the Panda with the Chainsaw claaaaaws!

10+ Year Old Account
    https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22515943

Here another one that doesnt agree with what youve said. Ive linked 6, youve linked one, I have maybe another 5-6 I could link to support that others if you want.

I never said that I dont supplement B12. What you think about the gut bacteria in animals is wrong btw. How many stores of B12 does a normal person that eats meat have? Again, why must humans that dont eat meat have to supplement it? You cant even seem to answer that very easy question.
    Oh god, of course it doesn't agree if you don't understand the study or the terminology used. I finally understand why you don't get it.

You don't understand bioavailability, you don't understand the conditions of the studies...

Yep. Definitely done here.