Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I live in an apartment complex. Met more of my neighbors in the last 2 days than in the last 2 years I've lived there. Pretty cool, actually.

The Unstoppable Force THE Bigzoman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by supertony51 View Post
    I. Want. A. Snorlax
    I want a Magickarp.

I've got one. Mwa ha ha.

I started before the Pikachu thing was known though. Was not happy about that.

Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    It's definetly fun - but I feel the novelty is going to wear out soon...

I also have had awkward moments today, like when I approached a car with a Lady and I presume to be her son in it - I had to let her know I wasn't approaching them, but was going to capture the invisible creature behind her car that only my phone can see. :P

Also when one of those blue marker things let me right to the middle of some kid-camp thing... one of the instructors came over to ask what I was doing - explaining that there was a monument rock over there that would net my game more balls and a possible egg was difficult to explain. :P
    Know what, there's a lot of fun to be had in awkward situations. It's just people, would've been funny if you bumped into the car.

Quote Originally Posted by Stonecloak View Post
    Know what, there's a lot of fun to be had in awkward situations. It's just people, would've been funny if you bumped into the car.
    oh I do - actually in those situations it really was fun, particularly the lady as I explained the game and she knew at least what Pokemon was, so she asked me what animal was behind her car. Forget the name, but was some little plant guy. :P

15+ Year Old Account
    Maybe if it was good, but since there is no trading or actual battling, it's garbage. Just waiting for sun and moon, you know, a real game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by obdigore View Post
    Before today I never heard the phrase 'I can't play my video game because it is raining outside'.

Discuss.
    Peasants and their non-waterproof phones.

I took my kid to the park and we BOTH played.

There were 100+ people. All ages at this spot in the park. From 530pm until 11pm when the cops told everyone to leave for the night.

Triple lure the entire time.

Quote Originally Posted by Tommi View Post
    If you have a slow moving fan, tape your phone to it. I got 18KM "walking" today
    And this really does work lol.
    Last edited by babalou1; 2016-07-12 at 04:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    Maybe if it was good, but since there is no trading or actual battling, it's garbage. Just waiting for sun and moon, you know, a real game.
    This. If they don't manage to patch that into the game the novelty will start to wear off and people won't bother with it after a while.

Quote Originally Posted by Gully Man View Post
    This. If they don't manage to patch that into the game the novelty will start to wear off and people won't bother with it after a while.
    A trailer for it shows people trading and battling so I'm hoping it will be patched in.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The BANNzoman View Post
    I want a Magickarp.
    I got one driving to class.

It was seriously in the middle of the road! I had to save it!

Fuck I haven't been this geeky about Pokemon in 20 years.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Trading is coming in a future patch.

Also for Egg hatching: It tracks by GPS and does NOT track if you're going over 5 or 6 mph. You can get distance going mega slow in a car/bicycle or by walking, skating, ceiling fan, and/or hoverboard

Quote Originally Posted by The Batman View Post
    I got one driving to class.

It was seriously in the middle of the road! I had to save it!

Fuck I haven't been this geeky about Pokemon in 20 years.
    Yeah I got one out of an egg

Quote Originally Posted by babalou1 View Post
    Trading is coming in a future patch.

Also for Egg hatching: It tracks by GPS and does NOT track if you're going over 5 or 6 mph. You can get distance going mega slow in a car/bicycle or by walking, skating, ceiling fan, and/or hoverboard
    It seems like you do get some progress on your egg while driving but it's not that great. Me and my family drove around town checking out some stores I had it on the whole time and did get progress while driving but only about half a kilometer.

Quote Originally Posted by WintersLegion View Post
    It seems like you do get some progress on your egg while driving but it's not that great. Me and my family drove around town checking out some stores I had it on the whole time and did get progress while driving but only about half a kilometer.
    Its the stopping and going. When you're going really slow lol and I mean REALLY slow. Thats the only time it tracks in a car.
    Last edited by babalou1; 2016-07-12 at 04:48 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vilememory View Post
    I HAVE NO SMART PHONE! I CURSE YOU ALL! I curse your ability to play Pokemon Go! May you catch only ratata and pidgeys!
    Sadly that's all that's around my house. You mean I have to go outside to play this game?

On Topic: The only problem i see is that it can cause car accidents if played while driving or people getting shot for trespassing while trying to catch that elusive Slowbro. My friend and I went out to catch some 'mons the other day and any time one appeared he would stop in the middle of street any time one appeared. Was very obnoxious. Luckily everyone else was also stopping.

I don't like Pokemon, think I grew up just outside its influence. I have heard the game already killed someone cause they walked off a bridge playing it though.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Devilyaki View Post
    I don't like Pokemon, think I grew up just outside its influence. I have heard the game already killed someone cause they walked off a bridge playing it though.
    To be honest, that's not the games fault. The amount of people I've seen walking into shit staring at their phones is staggering. Had one shout at me when she walked into my car, while I was stationary at traffic lights. Somehow that was my fault.....

Deleted
    I think both options in the title are blowing it out of proportion.
    It will be fun and popular for a month or 2; but then it will slowly die down.

I'm still wondering if i want to play it at all. Given how my mobile-package doesn't include free internet and how my favorite pokemon (Dragonite) seems to be ultra-rare to begin with; it also seems to have a terrible move-set.

Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    I don't understand those people. I treat it like driving and constantly glance all over to check for obstacles and hazards.
    There was a Ninetales in the lake I walked around last night. I wonder if someone walked right into the lake to fetch it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've actually been having a lot of fun with this. One thing that's a little weird is being in my late 20s and having little kids run up to me asking what gym team I'm on haha. Like don't talk to strangers kids. If I had kids I doubt I'd let them run around hunting for pokemon without me being with them. Unfortunately there's people that are going to use this type of game for all the wrong reasons.

Sidebar: Being my age and still contemplating jumping a fence to catch a pikachu is eye opening to say the least.