Addons reset daily after moving WoW to SSD

Hi,

I recently bought an external SSD to move my games into. Since doing this my addons won't stop resetting on a daily basis. I use the battlenet app, but have changed all path ways from their defaults as seen in the screenshot.

I have also deleted all WoW folders on the computer to try and stop it from recognizing anything but the folder on the SSD. However, it does re-create a WoW folder every time it launches, with only the interface folder inside it. I have no idea how to stop this. Can anyone help?
    Main toon: Priest
    Alts: Rogue, Druid and Paladin plus many, many more.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well my first thought is... why are you using an external SSD? It sort of defeats the purpose of having it.

That said, it looks like your folders are wonky, and its putting them in the wrong place.

Install directory
    F:\World of Warcraft\

Gameplay directory
    F:\World of Warcraft\World of Warcraft\

It's possible you borked something up there. I imagine the problem is something along the lines of:

Game is here:
    F:\World of Warcraft\World of Warcraft\WoW.exe

But your addons are here:
    F:\World of Warcraft\interface\addons\
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

10+ Year Old Account
    The default install directory is typically the default folder for all Battle.Net games to be installed, then it creates a new titled folder for each game. So if Hearthstone was installed it would likely be in F:\World of Warcraft\Hearthstone

Shouldn't be anything critical, just an untidy filing method.

Try to see if you can edit the settings yourself with say notepad.

\World of Warcraft\wtf\Account\name_of_account\name_of_server\name_of_character\SavedVariables

Just open any .lua file and put a space or enter at the top, and see if you can save it.

Would suggest to rename the default install dir to something else tho even if that isnt the problem here.

Quote Originally Posted by Farath View Post
    However, it does re-create a WoW folder every time it launches, with only the interface folder inside it.
    You mean on the old install path/drive or on the SSD?
    Last edited by Amorac; 2016-07-12 at 04:48 AM.
    ~Living is easy with eyes closed, misunderstanding all you see.~
    ~Every damn thing you do in this life, you have to pay for.~

Quote Originally Posted by Amorac View Post
    You mean on the old install path/drive or on the SSD?
    It recreates it on the old install path instead of taking the new one.
    Main toon: Priest
    Alts: Rogue, Druid and Paladin plus many, many more.

Can you try to run wow as an admin (right click it) and see if that fixes it ?
    ~Living is easy with eyes closed, misunderstanding all you see.~
    ~Every damn thing you do in this life, you have to pay for.~