Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    So he wants to recruit violent rioters.

And people still wonder why there are huge issues with the US police force?
    Up until one guy decided to start shooting cops...The Dallas protest was very peaceful. Cops and protesters were taking selfies together.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Polyxo View Post
    I'm not familiar with Dallas PD's reputation, but it won't work in a lot of places. Miami PD, Baltimore, Chicago, etc won't hire or keep good cops. They don't fit in with the internal culture, and they're a threat to the other cops already there.
    They had a bad reputation. Then he took over. He fired 70+ cops and brought their excessive force complaints down exponentially. They have a great reputation these days.
    Tiriél US-Stormrage

Signature by Shyama

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    If daytime shootings happen regularly or the owners hire security guards to supplement police patrol are some, but not all, signs of a shitty neighborhood. And shitty people tend to bring violent crime, theft and hard drug use to the area.

And yes, that one.
    Still missing the definition of what a shitty black person is and what percentage is needed to make a shitty community.
    What are we gonna do now? Taking off his turban, they said, is this man a Jew?
    'Cause they're working for the clampdown
    They put up a poster saying we earn more than you!
    When we're working for the clampdown
    We will teach our twisted speech To the young believers
    We will train our blue-eyed men To be young believers

Quote Originally Posted by HeatherRae View Post
    They had a bad reputation. Then he took over. He fired 70+ cops and brought their excessive force complaints down exponentially. They have a great reputation these days.
    And, despite working to improve, are regarded as black killers just the same.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Pangean View Post
    Still missing the definition of what a shitty black person is and what percentage is needed to make a shitty community.
    I didn't realize a black person wasn't a person. Huh. Learn something new everyday.

Realistically, once neighbors are being negatively impacted, it's going to shit. But, sure. 20%. 20% is the magical number of shitty people you need.

7+ Year Old Account
    I didn't realize a black person wasn't a person. Huh. Learn something new everyday.

Realistically, once neighbors are being negatively impacted, it's going to shit. But, sure. 20%. 20% is the magical number of shitty people you need.
    You didn't learn that from me. It's a sad attempt to avoid defining what you mean by shitty black person, which you are still doing. You used the term and I want you explain what you mean by it.

Ok so now we define 20% is the magic number of shitty black people to make a shitty community. So the other 80% would be non-shitty black people, right? So this shitty community has been made shitty by a small minority of people who live in it and the rest of the community is a-ok with you?

Quote Originally Posted by Pangean View Post
    You didn't learn that from me. It's a sad attempt to avoid defining what you mean by shitty black person, which you are still doing. You used the term and I want you explain what you mean by it.

Ok so now we define 20% is the magic number of shitty black people to make a shitty community. So the other 80% would be non-shitty black people, right? So this shitty community has been made shitty by a small minority of people who live in it and the rest of the community is a-ok with you?
    No, I defined a shitty person. I thought you were still busting my balls for not specifically defining a shitty black person. Hence me busting your balls about black people apparently not being people.

Anyway, that was the number I chose from the 4 I got from rolling a d100. Your other choices were 3%, 12% and 96% and that seemed the least crazy. But I put little thought into a number because it doesn't matter. The volume of the shitty people isn't the thing, it's what they do to a neighborhood.

When gang members openly roost there because they know someone who lives there, when gunshots at night are daily, when young kids are within walking distance of a crack dealer willing to sell to them and when people are mugged at their doorstep, things have gone to shit there. Are the non shit people now shit for living there? NOPE! But they have to deal with extra policing thanks to the shit people making the area shit.

End of the day, that's why the cops are supposed to be there. To deal with the shitty people making the area shit for them. Some do it properly. Some do it right and make a mistake. Some are overzealous. And some are indeed power trippers. But the last two groups are in no way a majority of cops. Neither are criminals for the black community but, just like people demand terrible cops be dealt with, these people that continue to make life hell for everyone. And that means not making things worse by encouraging shit behavior.

Or, to phrase it another way: Your peaceful protest looks stupid when you invite people willing to instigate a fight with nearby cops or chant about how they need to die. It helps nothing.

7+ Year Old Account
    No, I defined a shitty person. I thought you were still busting my balls for not specifically defining a shitty black person. Hence me busting your balls about black people apparently not being people.

Anyway, that was the number I chose from the 4 I got from rolling a d100. Your other choices were 3%, 12% and 96% and that seemed the least crazy. But I put little thought into a number because it doesn't matter. The volume of the shitty people isn't the thing, it's what they do to a neighborhood.

When gang members openly roost there because they know someone who lives there, when gunshots at night are daily, when young kids are within walking distance of a crack dealer willing to sell to them and when people are mugged at their doorstep, things have gone to shit there. Are the non shit people now shit for living there? NOPE! But they have to deal with extra policing thanks to the shit people making the area shit.

End of the day, that's why the cops are supposed to be there. To deal with the shitty people making the area shit for them. Some do it properly. Some do it right and make a mistake. Some are overzealous. And some are indeed power trippers. But the last two groups are in no way a majority of cops. Neither are criminals for the black community but, just like people demand terrible cops be dealt with, these people that continue to make life hell for everyone. And that means not making things worse by encouraging shit behavior.

Or, to phrase it another way: Your peaceful protest looks stupid when you invite people willing to instigate a fight with nearby cops or chant about how they need to die. It helps nothing.
    You mean the small minority who do so? Imagine that. Just like the shitty community. We can recognize that shit people are hardly the majority in a shit community then it follows the ones whose behavior you condemn are hardly the majority and the majority really can't be held responsible for what that minority does just as the none-shitty people can't be blamed in the shitty community.

But of course that doesn't stop you. And to suggest that they invited that minority knowing they would do that or are able to prevent it is absurd. Just like it would be to blame the majority in a shitty community for the actions of the shitty people.
    Last edited by Pangean; 2016-07-12 at 05:19 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    And, despite working to improve, are regarded as black killers just the same.
    Perhaps outside of the city, but as far as I have heard, anyway, not within the city itself. None of the incidents such as Alton Stirling, or even that girl that was tackled by the cop at a pool party, have occurred within their jurisdiction.
    Tiriél US-Stormrage

Signature by Shyama

People are giving reasons as to why they think this won't work and I think that goes farther to prove his point than what he actually said.
    Quote Originally Posted by True Anarch View Post
    Never claimed I was a genuis.
    Quote Originally Posted by Furitrix View Post
    I don't give a fuck if cops act shitty towards people, never have.

Quote Originally Posted by Post View Post
    People are giving reasons as to why they think this won't work and I think that goes farther to prove his point than what he actually said.
    People thinking he's wrong proves he's right? lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    People thinking he's wrong proves he's right? lol.
    Reasons for not joining them show that they aren't interested in fixing the problem. He was talking about how these people aren't doing what needs to be done to fix the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by HeatherRae View Post
    Well, then there's hope for his solution to work. He'll no doubt face a lot of resistance from mid-ranking cops that are permissive and/or active in abuse, unless he really just purged them all from DPD.

The problem however is that a lot of police departments aren't run by chiefs like him. They're run by guys like Thomas Jackson and Jon Burge.

7+ Year Old Account
    Do they need a high school education? or hell even a grade 9? If so most of them won't be able to apply

Reasons for not joining them show that they aren't interested in fixing the problem. He was talking about how these people aren't doing what needs to be done to fix the problem.
    And you think masses of people joining the police fixes the problem?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by monkmastaeq View Post
    Do they need a high school education? or hell even a grade 9? If so most of them won't be able to apply
    This fuckin' thread.

And you think masses of people joining the police fixes the problem?
    If the people that want to police their community, who aren't racist, corrupt cops and who know how these black people should be treated become the police in those communities it should fix it. That is, if they aren't full of shit. Unfortunately they are.

He's right in that if they want to fix the problem they should do things like this, but it wouldn't work because of the people you're dealing with here.

If the people that want to police their community, who aren't racist, corrupt cops and who know how these black people should be treated become the police in those communities it should fix it. That is, if they aren't full of shit. Unfortunately they are.

He's right in that if they want to fix the problem they should do things like this, but it wouldn't work because of the people you're dealing with here.
    This is a bit like saying if all those unemployed people want jobs, the 7-11 down the street says they're hiring. However, community engagement with the police is necessary, and we're seeing protesters all over the country, including in Dallas, do just that when the police don't roll up in riot gear and treat them like criminals by default.

You people are so hard on for making sure these people are the bad guys, all the while concern trolling about to to really fix the problem, that you're just going after these ludicrous strawmen.

This is a bit like saying if all those unemployed people want jobs, the 7-11 down the street says they're hiring.
    It's more like protesting Wal Mart because 7-11 isn't making hot dogs the way you want, claiming you're a 7-11 hot dog activist and then 7-11 offering for you to start making the change you're protesting for and you refusing.

However, community engagement with the police is necessary, and we're seeing protesters all over the country, including in Dallas, do just that when the police don't roll up in riot gear and treat them like criminals by default.
    Yeah, stopping a gay pride parade, yelling in university student's ears, stopping traffic etc. is such good community engagement.

You people are so hard on for making sure these people are the bad guys, all the while concern trolling about to to really fix the problem, that you're just going after these ludicrous strawmen.
    This statement is weird because you just put me in some group and attributed shit to me that has nothing to do with what I was saying.

It's more like protesting Wal Mart because 7-11 isn't making hot dogs the way you want, claiming you're a 7-11 hot dog activist and then 7-11 offering for you to start making the change you're protesting for and you refusing.
    A bunch of middle age women and students or whatever signing up to be cops isn't going to fix shit.
    Yeah, stopping a gay pride parade, yelling in university student's ears, stopping traffic etc. is such good community engagement.
    Wait, you mean some of them are assholes? Shocking. But deciding to base your opinion on a couple dicks interrupting a parade instead of the thousands of people peacefully marching and engaging police is really just done in service of your own biases.

A bunch of middle age women and students or whatever signing up to be cops isn't going to fix shit.
    Why not?

Wait, you mean some of them are assholes? Shocking. But deciding to base your opinion on a couple dicks interrupting a parade instead of the thousands of people peacefully marching and engaging police is really just done in service of your own biases.
    There are tons of people involved in those examples I gave alone. Trying to downplay that as a couple dicks is pretty biased on your end. I've seen very few if any of these magical saint protesters.

Why not
    Because, like I already pointed out, a bunch of people applying at that place you know that's hiring won't solve unemployment. You're looking at a minor change to a systemic problem.

There are tons of people involved in those examples I gave alone. Trying to downplay that as a couple dicks is pretty biased on your end. I've seen very few if any of these magical saint protesters.
    What you're describing is literally confirmation bias. You're in a thread talking about an incident in which a massive and peaceful protest with positive community-police engagement was interrupted by a single asshole with a gun. You let the loud crazies drown out the peaceful protesters because its convenient for the world you want to see.