Page 87 of 136 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Samodin View Post
    So I never benched a fight in progression before. I used to play healer, but we have too many for Legion so I thought "hey this coukd be fun, I'll volunteer and play Dps this next Xpac. We wanted a ranged and my other lvl 100 are pally, monk and warrior, so I was like "Shaman it is!"

Then I come here for a casual read and
    I
    AM
    SO
    SCARED
    Well you won't be benched for every fight and some times people don't show or recruitment goes poorly so you have a chance.

Elemental thread on Beta forum receives a Bluepost and is actually about Enhance, gets deleted shortly after.

I have to admit, i chuckled.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    Elemental thread on Beta forum receives a Bluepost and is actually about Enhance, gets deleted shortly after.

I have to admit, i chuckled.
    yeah i saw it aswell literally Sigma going:

Quote Originally Posted by Maddrox84 View Post
    yeah i saw it aswell literally Sigma going:
    For some reason i believe that post wasn't intended for players at all, at least it doesn't read like the regular blueposts.

Quote Originally Posted by Samodin View Post
    So I never benched a fight in progression before. I used to play healer, but we have too many for Legion so I thought "hey this coukd be fun, I'll volunteer and play Dps this next Xpac. We wanted a ranged and my other lvl 100 are pally, monk and warrior, so I was like "Shaman it is!"

Then I come here for a casual read and
    I
    AM
    SO
    SCARED
    MMO c is where all of the doom and gloom happens. Test it out yourself, watch guilds, do whatever you want, but reading here isnt exactly the best idea to judge the spec for yourself.

- - - Updated - - -

For some reason i believe that post wasn't intended for players at all, at least it doesn't read like the regular blueposts.
    Yeah, agreed. Doesnt sound like a blue post at all. Confused me when I read it.

Deleted
    While he was wandering into our official feedback thread would've been nice to get some answers, but i guess feedback on ele shamans from a dev is too much too ask xD

No mean to be offensive or anything, I recently found out about this thread from beta, but....

-

Is anyone from the class design team even paying attention to the feedback?

-

At current state Storm Elemental deals less damage than normal FE, our talents are awfully designed, eg no talent may compete with 10% haste not even if they give us 10 charges of lava burst.

-

Apart from that, we spend all of our talents focusing on burst since the rest options are of little to no use (Magma totem V2 and Lightning rod versus an actual dps cooldown), EM's appearance also makes the rest of the talents obsolette with aftershock having a low impact since our only maelstrom spender ESdeals equal or even less damage than our filler Lb spell and SE being an actual downgrade compared not picking a lvl 75 talent at all.

-

Currently in Beta and in higher item levels 830+ we perform quite nicely in ST fights with being in top 5 spots, but we have little to no use in aoe situations.

Artifact proc Static Overload for CL is totally random and not a reliable source of aoe, especially with the CL number cap. Earthquake, on the other hand, takes a long time to weave and these are our basic tools to do cleave/aoe damage.

Moreover if we want to focus our talents in aoe situations we lose all our burst capabilities to earn some random passive cleaving procs or a 60 seconds aoe totem putting us further behind in overall damage.

This has us in a significant disadvantage when it comes to classes with bursty aoe like bladestorm,barrage,eye beam etc. Most classes in legion are being designed more towards bursty aoe situations which is obvious by this paradigm (Having to max maelstrom and pre emptively place 2 earthquakes in the place where the adds spawned only to see them getting annihilated in 4 seconds)

-

Preferably i would like to see a rework in earthquake to maybe deal most portion of its damage at the cast (Similar to how Devouring plague worked), maybe the removal of CL target cap and a somewhat rework to talents like EB, Icefury, EF, LR, LMT, Aftershock.

-

PS, how come people value crit so highly and not mastery>haste>crit ? It has always been obvious that mastery and haste are our best stats and especially now with the buff to mastery's damage.(Which is currently malfunctioning in Beta)

-hope this feedback actually helps advancing the class further than its current Beta form.

10+ Year Old Account
    Plus, biggest reason to believe it was unintended : it wasn't reposted in the enhancement forum.
    These words in my mouth... where did they come from? I don't think I'm the one that put them there...

Quote Originally Posted by shell View Post
    Plus, biggest reason to believe it was unintended : it wasn't reposted in the enhancement forum.
    Glad it was posted though, now people can react to that feedback before it goes into a build and never gets reverted.

god damn it.
    Hi Sephurik

7+ Year Old Account
    Well at least we know that our blue posts 'Could' Work for Ele :P Just sad that blizz doesnt even know the difference in he specs anymore

Yup so Ele main for legion come high or high water / Resto offspec cause my guild usually has healer issues. Even tho i want to go enhance offspec.
    PVP i am still playing around my mage or my Disp priest but meh disp is in a sorry state so most probably Arcane like i have been doing for ages.
    Then my stuff around characters: Everthing else. (I have way to many 100's) :P
    Last edited by gambit998; 2016-07-12 at 06:27 AM.

No wonder Elemental AoE is so bad right now, Earthquake Totem is completely bugged right now.

When one expires the other Earthquake Totems deal no damage. So only a fraction of Earthquake damage is actually registering.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormcatcher View Post

PS, how come people value crit so highly and not mastery>haste>crit ? It has always been obvious that mastery and haste are our best stats and especially now with the buff to mastery's damage.(Which is currently malfunctioning in Beta)
    How is Mastery malfunctioning in Beta? Currently, sims from all the top players are showing that Crit > Haste > Vers >>> Mastery is our stat priority. Just because Mastery 'feels' like it should be our best stat doesn't make it the case. Also, this is the MMO-C forums, the devs don't officially read anything here. I doubt they read the feedback thread on the official forums but that's another thing altogether.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FalcFalcFalc View Post
    How is Mastery malfunctioning in Beta? Currently, sims from all the top players are showing that Crit > Haste > Vers >>> Mastery is our stat priority. Just because Mastery 'feels' like it should be our best stat doesn't make it the case. Also, this is the MMO-C forums, the devs don't officially read anything here. I doubt they read the feedback thread on the official forums but that's another thing altogether.
    Thing is in the past IE MOP - Mastery, Haste where the standard.
    I dont see much has changed other than the introduction of Versatility and the fact that a 3 min Cooldown hits harder with higher crit. i mean focusing stats around a 3 min cooldown is a horrid design.

Thing i am waiting for now is the nerf to our 250 percent crit because we will be running crit as a main stat.
    Last edited by gambit998; 2016-07-12 at 08:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by gambit998 View Post
    I dont see much has changed other than the introduction of Versatility and the fact that a 3 min Cooldown hits harder with higher crit. i mean focusing stats around a 3 min cooldown is a horrid design.
    It is a horrid design, yes. But if that's the way to do the most damage then we need to adhere to it if we want to play the spec properly.

Quote Originally Posted by gambit998 View Post
    Mastery only effects part of our damage, doesn't proc things, and has nerfed resource generation. It's worst than haste in basically every aspect. So of course it's a terrible stat right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Antilurker77 View Post
    Mastery only effects part of our damage, doesn't proc things, and has nerfed resource generation. It's worst than haste in basically every aspect. So of course it's a terrible stat right now.
    True, its only affect a part. But I can say it's no small part. Considering LvB will always be our top spell dmg (which Overloaded by the mastery) and PoTM is also support our mastery for LB. So yeah, Elemental Overload will always good to have. While I agree haste is favored above all, I think Mastery isn't the worst and will still be on par with Crit imo (despite the sims today). Sure, Crit is affecting our whole aspect just like haste. But I believe crit scale amount won't be much more than mastery. Not to mention that crit contribute nothing to our sustained LvB (outside of Asc burst), where we all know LvB is our highest uptime spell.

I actually despise the way they choked LvB crit effect on only on Ascendance. It's like they try really hard to avoid making it as a baseline effect, and also just to make the talent actually good. And like other guys said, I also hate that they force Ele to be a 3 mins mage.

I told a guildmate 2-3 months that ele Will probably favor crit above mastery he just lol me in the face but so far pretty much all My predictions been spot on for this spec. And its no suprise crit is better then mastery since it isnt multistrike. My question is there anyone know how much of our dmg is from the mastery roughly in 5 min fight. It got to be alot to be better then crit that works with like our 70% overall dmg?

7+ Year Old Account
    the thing is tho with stat weighs a certain minimum amount of mastery should be set. What would that be? Almost like a soft cap just so we can focus on crit and haste to top those out.

Mastery is so bad right now, you want to avoid it completely if you can. Which is sad.