Deleted

Question about leveling in legion as a Resto main

So i am going to be playing Resto as my main for Legion, however in the past you would always level as Balance. I know they have increased the damage healers can do in the open world, but I feel like Balance would still level way faster?

Quote Originally Posted by OniPew View Post
    So i am going to be playing Resto as my main for Legion, however in the past you would always level as Balance. I know they have increased the damage healers can do in the open world, but I feel like Balance would still level way faster?
    very dependant on wheter on gear, with bad gear its okay to lvl as a healer, but with legendary and higher ilvl dps/tank speccs seem to win quite heavily.

Leveling as Resto with Balance or Feral Affinity is "OK", but speccing to Balance is still faster.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    Leveling as Resto with Balance or Feral Affinity is "OK", but speccing to Balance is still faster.
    Ok thanks, maybe i am massively misinformed here, but if i am leveling as Balance but plan on playing Resto at 110 could I just save up my Artifact power and use it on the Resto weapon or am i forced to use it on Balance weapon if that's what i was using when i earned it? Sorry if this question is confusing.

Ok thanks, maybe i am massively misinformed here, but if i am leveling as Balance but plan on playing Resto at 110 could I just save up my Artifact power and use it on the Resto weapon or am i forced to use it on Balance weapon if that's what i was using when i earned it? Sorry if this question is confusing.
    You can save it all up, it comes in item form and you can decide which weapons to put it on (ie. it applies to your current weapon when you use the item, so you can respec before using them).

Only thing you may need to watch out for is the weapon relics, you need to switch the loot spec to get relics for the resto weapon - you don't want to sit at 110 without any.

Deleted
    You can save it all up, it comes in item form and you can decide which weapons to put it on (ie. it applies to your current weapon when you use the item, so you can respec before using them).

Only thing you may need to watch out for is the weapon relics, you need to switch the loot spec to get relics for the resto weapon - you don't want to sit at 110 without any.
    Ok thank you very much, one last question. Is it just like the legendary ring in that once i select which one i want i can just go to a vendor and get the other weapon?

Is it just like the legendary ring in that once i select which one i want i can just go to a vendor and get the other weapon?
    Well not quite, you have to do the quest to unlock it, too, and its restricted by your level. At 102 you get the quest for the second weapon, and the others unlock after that.

Deleted
    Well not quite, you have to do the quest to unlock it, too, and its restricted by your level. At 102 you get the quest for the second weapon, and the others unlock after that.
    Ok I'll level as Balance with loot spec set to Resto, thank you!

I leveled as resto with balance affinity on beta and it was pretty decent even with 680 gear you get when you make fresh character. You can easily do bigger pulls just put down mushroom on ground to heal yourself and put dots on everything. I imagine with hfc hc gear first few levels should be even easier.

Considering how little the first 13 traits cost you dont gain a lot from saving your artifact power for your resto artifact.
    You have to do the quests for the other artifacts, and its 102 for 2nd artifact and 110 for the rest.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Parach View Post
    I leveled as resto with balance affinity on beta and it was pretty decent even with 680 gear you get when you make fresh character. You can easily do bigger pulls just put down mushroom on ground to heal yourself and put dots on everything. I imagine with hfc hc gear first few levels should be even easier.
    if all you got is 680 gear healing is pretty okay compared to dps, but with hfc gear, there are lots of reasons as to why you wouldn't want to level as a healer, first being the legendary ring, and the 2nd being that dps doesnt scale with healer mastery.

tbh leveling as resto on the beta doesnt feel so bad right now. As boomy, 741 ilvl mind you, i cannot chain pull half the zone while as resto i can. Which one is faster idk, im just chilling leveling in beta and learning the quest so i can be faster on live. As resto, You can use Mushroom and Cenarion Ward (which is like a 25% healing hots of you) you rarely fall below 90% HP, without leaving boomy form its efficient. I guess its all depend if you want to do a speed 6 hour run to get to 110 or just chill leveling.