Thread: [TV] Doctor Who

So my brain actually dreamt up a complete episode of Doctor Who last nite. I hurried to write it down but I can only remember the first part now. Here it is as I remember it:

There is a beautiful lush planet that had just fought a war and now a peace had been won. A ceremony to sign the treaty is taking place and the doctor and his companion land at the ceremony shortly before it begins. they attend the ceremony because the Doctor loves a good treaty and the end of war. This planet has a charming tradition where at the end of war, one of the young strong common soldiers is chosen to head the delegation to meet the losers at the treaty signing. But the Doctor notices something is wrong because the "victors" seem to have a mix of middle age and industrial technology and the delegates of the "losers" arrive in a highly advanced spaceship. Nobody else seems to think there is anything wrong.

Out of the ship steps a tall, pale skinned women with fangs. She immediately drops the entire delegation into a trance (except the Doctor and his companion) and seduces the young soldier outright, who then follows her back into the ship. But she stops and senses a presence in the crowd. She hisses and races up to the doctor at lightning speed. The Doctor stares horrified for a moment into her eyes and then she seduces him as well. Both the doctor and the soldier obediently follow the vampire into the ship. The doctor's companion goes unnoticed and i determined fashion stows away in the ship.

As it takes off, the crowd drops out of the trance and remembers only that the treaty signing will be next week and that they must finish preparing the place for the ceremony and they must select a young soldier to head the delegation.

Then we see this amazing view of the ship flying through some gorgeous scenery of the lush tropical planet for a minute and then it enters some kind of plagued area where there is a stark difference and everything has withered and died as if something was draining the very life from the planet at that point. Off in the distance is a MASSIVE spaceship that has been damaged and lies half buried in the ground.

I can't remember the exact details of everything after these events but the story is about how one of the Great Vampires arrived here after being hit by a bowship. It dragged the bowship here and that is what you see half buried in the ground. The Great Vampire mind controlled the world inhabitants to feed it blood to heal. There were more interesting twists but I've forgotten them unfortunately. At its core its a retelling of State of Decay but other things happen that I forgot.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

"I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

So how would you guys feel if Capaldi left and the 13th doctor was Matt Smith?
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    I would welcome Smith back with open arms, but I don't know that I would like the ramifications of what it would do to the lore of the show. I also don't really want Capaldi to go, just want Moffat to go.
    BAD WOLF

i love matt but i dont think any doctor should return full time unless its a mini series for mcgann
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

15+ Year Old Account
    Honestly I would rather Tenant.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

10+ Year Old Account
    Not good. Not good at all.

For two main reasons:
    A: I love Capaldi.m I think he's delivered a great performance only held back by some very lacklustre episodes. With a better show runner and no Clara I think he'll be awesome.
    B: Matt smith was a lot better than people give him credit for... I recently rewatched New Who on Netflix and his seasons were solid... As long as Amy way there. His arc and his doctor was SO tied to his relationship with the Ponds that it just doesn't work without them.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

10+ Year Old Account
    If anyone was wondering (b/c I randomly wondered yesterday) Who has been put on Amazon Prime as an exclusive deal for at least the next few years. I was really wanting to start the new series over, but remembered it isn't on Netflix so I had to scrounge around. Luckily Prime offers monthly subs now and comes with free streaming music and kindle books, so it just kinda made sense for me. However, if people want to legitimately watch it as well, I believe you can get just the video service for less money.
    BAD WOLF

10+ Year Old Account
    Isn't it on Netflix UK? Or did they remove it because of the deal with Crapazon Prime?

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    Isn't it on Netflix UK? Or did they remove it because of the deal with Crapazon Prime?
    Idk about UK, but I thought it was worldwide. And Prime video is better, but the layout and programming is so behind compared to the other streaming services. Even crunchyroll has a better setup.
    BAD WOLF

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    Idk about UK, but I thought it was worldwide. And Prime video is better, but the layout and programming is so behind compared to the other streaming services. Even crunchyroll has a better setup.
    Apparently it's not in the UK. Thank the gods.

Amazon Prime streaming is the fucking plague. I got it a while back, because I wanted to watch Vikings.

Cancelled it within the 30 day free trial. Even though I have the absolute fastest fibre broadband available in the UK with a connection that has never let me down, Amazon refused to stream anything. Every time I tried it said I had insufficient bandwidth.

Googled it, funnily enough it seems this bandwidth problem started right about the time the Firestick came out. Suddenly, for totally unrelated reasons, the app version of prime Video started having problems streaming...

Deleted
    It would signal the end of the show and undermine all the work that has gone into keeping the show fresh and unique. It would be the lowest form of pandering to a few people that just can't let go, and feel that the show must conform to their wishes incapable of seeing the broader picture. It would be terrible.

id love to see matt come back for a multi doctor episode though. it would be cool if we got those more often instead of just once in awhile when theres an anniversary.

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    id love to see matt come back for a multi doctor episode though. it would be cool if we got those more often instead of just once in awhile when theres an anniversary.
    This is in line how I feel. Him coming back for anything besides him being the 11th doctor interacting with the current Doctor/characters would feel beyond idiotic to me. I loved Smith as the Doctor but that isn't a good excuse to bring him back full time. Although I think a season with 2 Doctors would certainly be intriguing, but that probabally is still stretching it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Faltemer View Post
    Although I think a season with 2 Doctors would certainly be intriguing, but that probabally is still stretching it.
    I think a season with Capaldi and Baker would be awesome. Baker would play the character from the Anniversary episode, and throughout the whole season they would keep it undisclosed whether he was a Time Lord or not. Whenever something would happen he'd be all like "oh my this is rather strange," and you don't know whether he's faking it or not.

Anything is better then Capaldi's doctor.

So at this point i'll take anything and remove that fugly new companion as well god awful she is.

Quote Originally Posted by Ebalina View Post
    Anything is better then Capaldi's doctor..
    excuse me?

I'd like more Matt Smith episodes. Then again, I really liked McGann's work in the Night of the Doctor and wish we had more of his work. But I like Capaldi as well and would like more stuff from him. I'd like to see a new actor take a crack at it. Maybe its best to just leave us wanting more.

I've noticed that Moffat has an obsession with killing the Doctor.

Series 5: the Doctor isn't just killed but removed from all time and space.
    Series 6: The Doctor is shot, killed, and his funeral boat is set on fire.
    Series 7: The Doctor's visits his grave and his very timestream is destroyed by the Great Intelligence.
    Series 7: He runs out of regenerations and finally dies except he gets a new life cycle from Gallifrey.
    Series 9: This series opens again threatening to kill the Doctor, with the master getting the Doctor's last will and testament (confession dial). So everyone wonders if he is going to die. Then he gets transported inside the dial where he dies FOUR BILLION times. (I guess making up for the fact he wasn't killing him in Series 8)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    Honestly I would rather Tenant.
    agree whole heartedly. Tennant is my favorite doctor and his performance is unparalleled.

I enjoy capaldi more than smith. I dunno i feel Smith is wildly over rated. The best thing smith had going for him was his synergy with the ponds.
    Hi

Quote Originally Posted by Mokoshne View Post
    agree whole heartedly. Tennant is my favorite doctor and his performance is unparalleled.

I enjoy capaldi more than smith. I dunno i feel Smith is wildly over rated. The best thing smith had going for him was his synergy with the ponds.
    I agree with this sentiment. I think if they somehow shoehorned Matt back in, after literally making him the Doctor who lived 900 years off-screen and retconning the number of regenerations he got, thus removing the emotional impact of the Doctor possibly actually facing his death, I think I'd stop watching.