I returned! But I am confused.

So, I have returned to League of Legends. And I fucking love it.

Now I know the community will raise their pitchforks and scream at me. But at the moment I am loving playing support in Coop vs AI. Why that? Because I can get better this way without pissing of my team mates.

I have been trying Sona. Love playing as her, the heal range is a bit small so sometimes risks are needed. But it's worth it. Being able to stun enemy champs to help my Bot champ to get some kills is always great.

But, someone told me to play Soraka because of her Ult. Now, I did that. Love Soraka. Her Ult is awesome. But holy damn is she difficult to play well compared to Sona.
    I know I should balance Q to keep my health up when I heal. But this conflicts for me.

What I have been taught about Bot support is the following:

No attacking
    No last hitting
    No gathering gold unless the Champ is back at base

But to keep my health up, I do need to sometimes kill minions to get my health back. I need to attack champions.
    When I do that though, the Champ (in this case Teemo) begins raging at me, that instead of attacking, I should heal him.

Am I doing something wrong?

you should prioritze healing of course, but attacking champions is a must, just dont intentionally take the kills.
    the Q only heals you if it hits a champion btw
    Quote Originally Posted by -Ethos- View Post
    I literally die every time i see people using literally wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by roflwaffle View Post
    you should prioritze healing of course, but attacking champions is a must, just dont intentionally take the kills.
    the Q only heals you if it hits a champion btw
    I read that just now as well. The more you know!

I never try to take the kills. The other champ needs it more, I know that. But even attacking a champ at full health when I need the healing gave me a lot of rage.

Deleted
    But holy damn is she difficult to play well compared to Sona.
    It's because Sona is ... Sona.

She has one of the most boring kits in the entire game. A good kit, great poke, sustain, MS boost and a fantastic ult. But it's just sooooooooo boring. Soraka is an absolute powerhorse, but you need to think while playing her. Sona ... not so much.

Quote Originally Posted by 8bithamster View Post

I never try to take the kills. The other champ needs it more, I know that. But even attacking a champ at full health when I need the healing gave me a lot of rage.
    if people are bitching about you poking when not healing, it's them that are wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by -Ethos- View Post
    I literally die every time i see people using literally wrong.

Deleted
    If they're complaining about how you're poking and not simply existing to serve them, play a support like Bard and watch the rage as you roam around the map securing kills and collecting chimes.
    Also taking kills. Because Bard is actually a monster damage dealer.

Deleted

Yeah, fuck that. Take the kills. You only try not to get the killing blow when you are 100% sure the enemy can not get away. If there is even a slight possibility just kill them. It's prefered for your carry to get the gold from kills but when they get away on a sliver of health because you decided not to attack them both of you get 0 gold. And if people start bitching about KS (Kill steal) you just ignore them and move on with your life.

If you want health back as soraka buy Ancient Coin and Q the enemy champions. Ancient Coin has a passive that gives you health/mana everytime a nearby minion dies. Even when your lane partner kills the minion.

I love Sona, I do, but she's not the best support to pick. She's ideal when trying to learn the role, but don't rely on being a support having a heal.

Personally, I love Karma more. Her speed up, shields, roots, and damage can be crazy. Sona only really has Heals. Her shield is quite weak, her damage outside of Level 3 isn't that great (even when Battle-Sona) and her Ultimate isn't that powerful outside of the Jungle.

Try to learn other supports too. Braum & Alistar are amazing supports when played well. Soraka is a good support, but her Ultimate isn't going to win you the game most of the time. It'll win you a fight or two, but not the whole game. Other supports can do much more than her.

Quote Originally Posted by Midory View Post
    Yeah, fuck that. Take the kills. You only try not to get the killing blow when you are 100% sure the enemy can not get away. If there is even a slight possibility just kill them. It's prefered for your carry to get the gold from kills but when they get away on a sliver of health because you decided not to attack them both of you get 0 gold. And if people start bitching about KS (Kill steal) you just ignore them and move on with your life.

If you want health back as soraka buy Ancient Coin and Q the enemy champions. Ancient Coin has a passive that gives you health/mana everytime a nearby minion dies. Even when your lane partner kills the minion.
    Yea what this guy said,

I can't tell you how many times I've made a kill because my carry hasn't bought boots and the enemy is getting away, or made a fuck up and they are getting away. So I take the kill and get abuse for it.

My favorite was this useless sivir and a pretty bad mid laner. Giving each other shit, me some shit (playing thresh). So I turned around and said, if you die one more stupid death I'm taking over. sivir ran heads first into three melee champs. So I said, right fuck it, go roam or something I'll take over. Got abuse for it, within 5 minutes I'm up 5 kills from 0 with no additional deaths. Top laner joins me and we essentially won it with the jungler, other two still reported me and I got a "everyone has a bad day message " fml

I am currently trying to find some other supports to play.. but I keep falling into the gig of "support has to be a healer". I have a hard time moving away from that. I love champs like Thresh, but I just can't feel "supporty" with them if that makes sense.

10+ Year Old Account
    Bard is a hella fun support to play but you definitely need good amount of practice to be amazing at it. He has really good early level trading kit but you have to be careful since he is hella squishy like Sona.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyve View Post
    I love Sona, I do, but she's not the best support to pick. She's ideal when trying to learn the role, but don't rely on being a support having a heal.

Personally, I love Karma more. Her speed up, shields, roots, and damage can be crazy. Sona only really has Heals. Her shield is quite weak, her damage outside of Level 3 isn't that great (even when Battle-Sona) and her Ultimate isn't that powerful outside of the Jungle.

Try to learn other supports too. Braum & Alistar are amazing supports when played well. Soraka is a good support, but her Ultimate isn't going to win you the game most of the time. It'll win you a fight or two, but not the whole game. Other supports can do much more than her.
    No idea what I read here. Are you seriously bitching about Soraka in her current state? She's currently one of the strongest supports in the game. And buffing items which she benefits from already isn't helping either. How AoE slows on low CD. Instant heal + HoT .. zoning and AoE silence AND a global heal that wins that toplane 2vs2 or towerdive or whatever. It also heals around 600 health at end-game. Not quite sure how that is bad.

Had 2 fun games last night.

1.) Thresh + the card throwy dude

Being able to pull champs in, giving a free teleport after a quick chase and just general fun combinations made this a great match

2.) Nami + Lux

Now this was a great combination, we constantly combined our abilities to make the best of them. And Nami's Ult feels great.

Had 2 fun games last night.

1.) Thresh + the card throwy dude

Being able to pull champs in, giving a free teleport after a quick chase and just general fun combinations made this a great match
    Thresh is one of those champions that transcends the meta. Will always be useful thanks to a healthy kit. Easily my favorite champ to play.

So, I have returned to League of Legends. And I fucking love it.

Now I know the community will raise their pitchforks and scream at me. But at the moment I am loving playing support in Coop vs AI. Why that? Because I can get better this way without pissing of my team mates.

I have been trying Sona. Love playing as her, the heal range is a bit small so sometimes risks are needed. But it's worth it. Being able to stun enemy champs to help my Bot champ to get some kills is always great.

But, someone told me to play Soraka because of her Ult. Now, I did that. Love Soraka. Her Ult is awesome. But holy damn is she difficult to play well compared to Sona.
    I know I should balance Q to keep my health up when I heal. But this conflicts for me.

What I have been taught about Bot support is the following:

No attacking
    No last hitting
    No gathering gold unless the Champ is back at base

But to keep my health up, I do need to sometimes kill minions to get my health back. I need to attack champions.
    When I do that though, the Champ (in this case Teemo) begins raging at me, that instead of attacking, I should heal him.

Am I doing something wrong?
    Supports should be trading whenever it's favorable. You should only be attacking minions to get an early level 2 or if your bot lane is conform table pushing because pushing to hard leads to overextending which makes you easier to gank. The comp your playing determines if that's a good or bad idea because not every champion has an escape or a strong early game.

You also push after getting a kill to not lose extra cs but harassing with your q on Soraka is fine that Teemo a moron.

Sounds like that Teemo is either bronze or low level and doesn't understand how Soraka works.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Led ++ View Post
    No idea what I read here. Are you seriously bitching about Soraka in her current state? She's currently one of the strongest supports in the game. And buffing items which she benefits from already isn't helping either. How AoE slows on low CD. Instant heal + HoT .. zoning and AoE silence AND a global heal that wins that toplane 2vs2 or towerdive or whatever. It also heals around 600 health at end-game. Not quite sure how that is bad.
    I think he means Soraka isn't the best support because all she has is utility but support like karma can delete people from the game and Sona late game damage is fucking stupid it was before the new rework. Another popular support is brand and he can wipe out an entire team if left alone. Pretty sure he isn't calling Soraka bad just trying to say being able to keep retards alive isn't the best strategy for winning.

You can heal teammates through anything but if they have no coordination or pressure does it really mean anything?
    Last edited by Varvara Spiros Gelashvili; 2016-07-24 at 05:48 AM.
    Violence Jack Respects Women!

Deleted
    I think he means Soraka isn't the best support because all she has is utility but support like karma can delete people from the game and Sona late game damage is fucking stupid it was before the new rework. Another popular support is brand and he can wipe out an entire team if left alone. Pretty sure he isn't calling Soraka bad just trying to say being able to keep retards alive isn't the best strategy for winning.

You can heal teammates through anything but if they have no coordination or pressure does it really mean anything?
    You can also deal 15 billion damage, but if that means you're ADC and Midlaner insta die in every fight, does it really mean anything?

Sona is pretty broken atm so it's not even worth comparing. You're better of banning or picking her anyway, and she's still a utility support in the first place. Next 2 top tier supports are SORAKA (yes, utility) and Janna (oh look, utility again). They're also not dependent on dominating the lane hard and stealing kills to start snowballing like carry supports like Brand, Karma, Zyra or Velkoz do. Don't get me wrong, I play them all too and it's hilariously fun if you dominate the lane hard.

But saying it's better to just kill people instead of being the absolute bitch that saves your entire team constantly is just plain wrong. If you play support but don't trust ANYONE in your team to have a brain, then don't play support. If you duo queue with an ADC you know, or trust that your teammates aren't complete retards ... then a utility support is simply more dominant at the moment.