Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Once again nothing wrong with someone providing feedback and wanting change. There is ways to go about it and ways to not go about it.

Also that same person you are talking about even said they had a ilvl 720 or so character that was a bitch to get into anything in LFG.

My ilvl 698 warlock is in the same spot. I wanted to do some Mythics on him and get shot down for each group. Also you are right the community has been toxic for quite sometime and that is why systems like LFD/LFR is around.
    We differ on the opinion as to why it became so toxic. I believe the toxicity started when the game became too accessible, but I digress.
    Stains on the carpet and stains on the memory
    Songs about happiness murmured in dreams
    When we both of us knew how the end always is...

Deleted
    Once again nothing wrong with someone providing feedback and wanting change. There is ways to go about it and ways to not go about it.

Also that same person you are talking about even said they had a ilvl 720 or so character that was a bitch to get into anything in LFG.

My ilvl 698 warlock is in the same spot. I wanted to do some Mythics on him and get shot down for each group. Also you are right the community has been toxic for quite sometime and that is why systems like LFD/LFR is around.
    So, you're not in a guild? You have zero friends with tanks or healers who could help you (and then you tank/heal for them in turn)? How?

OP:

if i don't know you, and i have the choice between getting a 710 and a 700, why would i choose you?

And then, why should i be forced to take you via a queue system?

Honestly, start your own group if being declined is such an issue. DPS spots fill up very easily and you can always drop your ilvl standard for healers/tank like you want because "mythics only drop 685 gear".

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    thing is ALLL CONTENT people ask for higher then they should... why? because they want to make sure even if the person is dumb, or bad, they may be able to recover it with their ok gear... this has allways been a thing... even back in BC days people asked for you to have allmost the BIS of the last raid to move to the next one, wrath people wanted you to have your full teir set before they let you in icc 10 :P
    Oh I know its always been around, and raids I can see it being more acceptable, although fucking icc and gearscore was hell on azeroth.

Have to disagree with BC, BC had a system in place, which was multiple progress levels, people were advancing in kara while high level guilds were advancing in Sunwell. Imyself started at the bottom raiding kara as BT was released. I can't comment to much on pugs, I joined a guild, got trained up in heroics properly, then got on to the team. Don't get me wrong I was shit, but was nice, that's why they took me in and taught me. Showed me how to play properly, state priority, gem priority / combo, situational enchants, so on and so forth. Once I was geared and knew what I was doing and we progressed to hyjal, I started pug running kara. My entry requirements were simple, tanks had to have a defense score of 23 was it? back when it made you uncritable? Everyone else was a gear check, and that was making sure everyone had roughly heroic 5 man gear.

Granted it took me a good 30-60 mins to find people, sort through out the capable to time wasters, but I took the aver joe blogs, and we had a laugh and more often or not we got to specific points, where we couldn't progress further and called it a night. Sometimes we cleared it all, but we had a laugh and thats the important thing.

Then wrath came in, and easy heroics, and for me that's when this needing higher than you actually need lark came seriously into play. oh that and needing an achievement to go in

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    but demanding it be made a que, then the next step will be normal raids being qued, then heroic, then mythic! then everything is qued... and man, watching you sit here will there are hundreds of threads begging for ques to right out be removed because of the exact opposite reasons youve stated....

so just, make your own group, invite some of those 670's and 690's and see how fast and wipe free it is compared to a group full of 720s to 730s
    Everything besides maybe Mythic Raids should be queable. There is ZERO wrong with more options and people can ether chose Que,LFG or Guild.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Perkunas View Post
    We differ on the opinion as to why it became so toxic. I believe the toxicity started when the game became too accessible, but I digress.
    So it started in Classic? Wow has always been the accessiable/casual MMO. There is not one moment in WoW's life where it was the hardcore MMO.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rurts View Post
    So, you're not in a guild? You have zero friends with tanks or healers who could help you (and then you tank/heal for them in turn)? How?
    Most friends I have left that play WoW barely do. The others all left in cata and haven't returned sense. I am not in a guild (besides my own) because I was tired of the guild drama.

To be honest if endgame wasn't queable I wouldn't be playing WoW anymore.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Teflonsavior View Post
    Why should I use my mythic gear to boost anyone? Honestly, why? Any diamond in the rough can do what others have done before and gear up properly. Like, even my wife doesn't want to get carried but always gears her alts to 700+ ilevel before she asks if I can use one of my 745++ tanks for mythic dungeons for her. I expect nothing less from any random idiot.
    Well I usually struggle to get last points to 700 because I hate PvP and thus only have upgraded Tanaan gear and crafted weapons, with some odd HFC normal items from the timewalking quest chest in the mix. On my paladin tank I was doing the event this weekend, I was right on item level 700 and only got declined once - in a group who would not take someone with pvp gear. I re-applied to that group, with the explanation that I don't have pvp equip and have already tanked this dungeon on mythic, and got an invite. I also got groups with my healers with an item level around 700. But I usually don't apply to groups with gear requirements higher than my item level and keep looking until I find a match.

I get that people usually run mythics for valor now, it's quite late in the expansion. But there are also people out there who would like to gear via dungeons first and foremost, and these people are effectively shut out of mythics. I hope that my small guild will have enough people to run mythics in a guild group, but I fear that I will have to look for PUGs in the beginning of the expansion, because I am usually ahead of my guild due to some extra effort I put into gearing of my characters.

- - - Updated - - -

I belive the toxicity came around with the gear level addon and later the implementation of item level score in the game. When people have one single metric to decide about others, they will always resort to this. Everything else goes out of the window, and this is very anti-social.

10+ Year Old Account
    So it started in Classic? Wow has always been the accessiable/casual MMO. There is not one moment in WoW's life where it was the hardcore MMO.
    Most people who make that blanket statement didn't actually play EQ or any other themepark MMO prior to Warcaft. It's a false narrative really perpetuated by people who confuse tedious tasks and bad design for challenge. For instance... Healing in Star Wars the old republic with how shitty the user interface is and the lack of macros/mods is more difficult to do, but that's to do with those systems being poorly designed and not because the content provided a challenge.

The two biggest differences for WoW to Everquest were the lack of instances and the lighter death penalty system. Otherwise beyond Warcraft having a better engine, smooth combat, WORKING quests, and fully functional PVP servers it was very similar to EQ.
    Stains on the carpet and stains on the memory
    Songs about happiness murmured in dreams
    When we both of us knew how the end always is...

The two biggest differences for WoW to Everquest were the lack of instances and the lighter death penalty system. Otherwise beyond Warcraft having a better engine, smooth combat, WORKING quests, and fully functional PVP servers it was very similar to EQ.
    Totally..... Besides the fact.

1) You had to group to level once you was around level 50
    2) Professions could kill you
    3) You could lose gear
    4) Raid size was much bigger (200man)
    5) leveling took much longer.
    6) you could be de-leveled.

I can keep this list going if u want.

Edit: There was a reason why WoW was nicknamed Everquest lite.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2016-07-12 at 12:20 PM.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Deleted
    You are missing the point. This is somebody bitching that his 670 gear isn't high enough level for him to get into Mythic groups. I suggested he just suck it up and run Trashran for one day instead of demanding the game change for him. He'll have more opportunity to get into said groups and not have to sit here man-whining.

As for LFG being a cesspool you're absolutely right, but then again the entire community of Warcraft has been a festering cesspool for years and years now.
    I constantly see groups which don't want to have people with pvp gear on my pve server. I rather would have a Tanaan geared player with item level 695 and the right secondarys and enchants than some pvp welfare gear. Unfortunately, the system does not show me the gear of the character, but only the item level, and I have to decide on this alone. Crap.

The other thing is - item level does not tell you anything about people knowing dungeons. I was tanking Skyreach the other day where people did not knew what to focus, what to interrupt, hunters pulling with barrage like crazy and while having an acceptable item level, they did DPS of my mage from the days when I ran heroics for gear in the beginning of WoD with an average item level of 630. After these dps were too dumb to avoid the birds on the 2nd boss, and the healer left, I called it a day.

Should I make a quest about the dungeon before I accept DPS in my group? Their gear score does not tell my shit about player skill and knowledge of tactics.

There will always be someone that doesn't want to invite you to their group for some reason or another. I've been declined from a group before for being a dps warrior because "the group wants to gear their warrior" when I have a group finder ilvl showing 750. Just keep trying and eventually you'll find one, regardless of ilvl. Also, mythics for gear are reasonably pointless when you can just be a higher ilvl from tanaan or ashran much faster, and with less effort.

Is it really that hard to find 4 other people playing wow that wants to do grouping for mythic+ dungeons? I havent played wow in months and Ive already got a static 5 man ready to go for mythic+.

I feel you OP. My priest main has stopped raiding at 2/7 Mythic Highmaul last Year in January or something. Meanwhile I've been doing mostly PVP but gathered some decent PVE items and now I'm sitting at 717 ilvl. I get declined when I try to join pugs for Mythic Dugeons because they want "a faster group/higher ilvl". Sucks but what can you do ? Either make your own group or get friends to finish them.

Quote Originally Posted by Fang7986 View Post
    better for who? because I think we've seen the vast majority of players wants more content like that
    Many people wanting something, doesn't equal it being healthy for the game. Those people still have their guaranteed wins, zero accountability and content aimed at the lowest common denominator. LFR is still there, Heroic dungeons are still there. All automated!

Better for the people willing to put in SOME effort, however miniscule, better for people wanting more than UI buttons leading up to content, better for people that value content not tuned for the kind of players unable to progress past LFR/Random dungeons.
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2016-07-12 at 01:47 PM.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ThatsOurEric View Post
    Seriously, nothing is more of a pain in the ass than trying to get into a group.

Its especially tiring of seeing groups constantly demanding 700+ ilvls when last
    I checked, the gear that NORMALLY drops is ilvl 685.

It was frustrating to deal with back in MoP with heroic scenarios, and its stupid
    that Mythic Dungeons isn't just another difficulty level you can select from the
    list. Normal & Heroic are there, why not Mythic?
    Make your own group then. You have every opportunity to do so. Quit whining. Nobody wants to willingly bring in a 685 toon. Don't like it? PvP and do Tanaan till you get to a respectable I lvl. THe last thing I wanna do on my 730+ Ilvl toons is drag some 20k dps through the muck
    Sylvaeres-Azkial-Pailerth @Proudmoore

A) Find friends that don't mind helping you go through them
    B) Make your own run, I have completed a few mythic dungeons last week during the event on my 655 ilvl retri paladin. And I wasn't boosted, I actually happened to play with a group of really bad players, who didn't know tactics and had 700 ilvl or so each but still did 20-30 k dps, and I was doing 25-26k single target steadily, sometimes even 30k, and we did it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Azkial View Post
    Make your own group then. You have every opportunity to do so. Quit whining. Nobody wants to willingly bring in a 685 toon. Don't like it? PvP and do Tanaan till you get to a respectable I lvl. THe last thing I wanna do on my 730+ Ilvl toons is drag some 20k dps through the muck
    Sorry but I do more than 20k dps on my 655 ilvl retri Paladin.

Deleted
    I checked the LFG tool a moment ago, at this very moment there's roughly 30 mythic dungeon groups requiring less than 690, and another 20 - 25 with less than 700. If you can't even find a group there maybe you should just go do something else...

Quote Originally Posted by socialmaker View Post
    I feel you OP. My priest main has stopped raiding at 2/7 Mythic Highmaul last Year in January or something. Meanwhile I've been doing mostly PVP but gathered some decent PVE items and now I'm sitting at 717 ilvl. I get declined when I try to join pugs for Mythic Dugeons because they want "a faster group/higher ilvl". Sucks but what can you do ? Either make your own group or get friends to finish them.
    I've come across dozens of mythic dungeon groups on group finder lately, 717 ilvl also on my main, if I meet the requirements by 5 ilvls or more (which is always since requirements are most of the time 700+, 705/710+) then I immediately get accepted. Maybe you haven't tried enough.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valaut View Post
    A) Find friends that don't mind helping you go through them
    B) Make your own run, I have completed a few mythic dungeons last week during the event on my 655 ilvl retri paladin. And I wasn't boosted, I actually happened to play with a group of really bad players, who didn't know tactics and had 700 ilvl or so each but still did 20-30 k dps, and I was doing 25-26k single target steadily, sometimes even 30k, and we did it.

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry but I do more than 20k dps on my 655 ilvl retri Paladin.
    Because you probably understand how to play the class. Doesn't mean that it's average for the playerbase. Most people that are low I LVL, and whining because they don't get accepted, are generally along the lazy/lower skilled players.
    Sylvaeres-Azkial-Pailerth @Proudmoore

Deleted
    Hell no.

When Blizzard introduced LFD, it was end of WoTLK and dungeons were already faceroll easy. Then Cataclysm happened. Dungeons were not faceroll again, but this time queuable in LFD. People whined on forums. Blizzard caved in. Not only they nerfed difficulty of dungeons, they also nerfed crowd control spells, making them not trigger combat because you cannot expect people to coordinate in LFD.

LFD is for faceroll content. It should stay that way. Anyone asking for mythic to be in LFD ether sucks badly or is anti-social asshole that nobody wants.

This is MMO, not a single player game. Want harder content? Find other people to do it with. Don't be an asshole. Don't slack.

Quote Originally Posted by Gsara View Post
    Is it really that hard to find 4 other people playing wow that wants to do grouping for mythic+ dungeons? I havent played wow in months and Ive already got a static 5 man ready to go for mythic+.
    No, it's not that hard. But it's easier to complain...
    #MakeBlizzardGreatAgain