Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    No where has it been said that females couldn't be demon hunters. We've known they can be since TBC.

As for druids, yeah they should probably have been locked to males only, but warriors, priests and hunters should have been female only for night elves.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Killyox View Post
    That's actually bullshit. Research indicates 70% women are just as strong as 75% men.
    There's also the slight factor of this being a fantasy universe where the participants in question are neither human nor restricted to purely physical limitations.

Quote Originally Posted by LittleJin View Post
    because males are far better physically equipped to be Demon Hunters; both strength and agility.
    No female units for hummies and orcs that I can think of.
    This is a fantasy game full of magic and poop jokes... This is a dumb idea and these are dumb reasons.

Even if druids and priests were gender locked on night elves the same restrictions never applied to tauren, and later would not have applied to worgen or troll either. Unless you're going all the way in and think Horde druids should never have existed, and neither should Horde demon hunters.

And night elf priests and warriors should've been female only.

It's obvious why they didn't do this, the exact reason why they didn't go through with tauren and night elves only wielding bows (which is hilarious considering how often taurens are depicted with guns in official art). This would've been terrible. Go play one of a myriad of eastern MMOs that have gender-locked classes and tell me how fun and cool of a feature it is.

I'm all for following lore but this is one thing I'm really glad they changed. Gender should fundamentally only ever be a cosmetic choice.
    Also, in my own mind (and I think in lore itself? I'm not sure) I simply write it off as female druids and male night elf priests being somewhat rare and somewhat unconventional.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aakarshan View Post
    Go play one of a myriad of eastern MMOs that have gender-locked classes and tell me how fun and cool of a feature it is.
    TERA is crap for doing this bullshit.

Are you crazy?!
    You do not want to see ladies in leather?
    Jesus what has this world fallen to......

Jokes aside i do not see why DH should be male only.
    DH are all about agility and lack of armor, along with precise strikes at weak points (similar to rogues).
    Male's superior strength has no major advantage with that combat style.

Druids were male-only just because of social rules in night elf society.
    No other race has the "male only" restriction for druidism.
    And night elves abandoned that social rule between warcraft 3 and WoW vanilla.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Decisive The Hallowed View Post
    Why would Demon Hunters and Druids only be gender specific?
    As far as Demon Hunters lore goes, it was any Night Elf or Blood Elf that was mentally and physically strong enough to take on the Demonic ritual to become a Demon Hunter.
    And for Druid's it was any race that had strong ties to nature and the person itself had to be intune with nature to become a Druid. Nothing Gender based. Mostly just from share willpower or being the right type of Race to be able to be these Classes.

Night Elf Females (cant say the same for Blood Elves) are physical much stronger than the average female normally would be. Firstly, most of them are most likely well over a thousand years old, meaning they have many, many years of trained combat skills and strength and secondly, (at least for the Night Elves) that are native to the forest, meaning they have survival abilities to harsh conditions and hunting skills to kill efficiently. Males could possibly be stronger than Females, but Night Elf Females lore-wise have better strength and combat than a human male.
    we are talking about elves not other races when it comes to demon hunters. females are still weaker than males
    That's actually bullshit. Research indicates 70% women are just as strong as 75% men.
    that must be one big flawed research. probably sponsored by the progressive circles. why? because it is false.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bambs View Post
    Yes, and hunters and warriors should've been female only, but gameplay > lore in this case
    Warriors? Really? Nice going, caveman.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aleksej89 View Post
    Are you crazy?!
    You do not want to see ladies in leather?
    Jesus what has this world fallen to......

Jokes aside i do not see why DH should be male only.
    DH are all about agility and lack of armor, along with precise strikes at weak points (similar to rogues).
    Male's superior strength has no major advantage with that combat style.

Druids were male-only just because of social rules in night elf society.
    No other race has the "male only" restriction for druidism.
    And night elves abandoned that social rule between warcraft 3 and WoW vanilla.
    males are also far more agile than females.

Only if Wardens came out at the same time and were female only.

Druids being male only actually have story/lore backing it up, to all of you who are trying to be cleaver and joking about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Teflonsavior View Post
    Warriors? Really? Nice going, caveman.
    Night elf Sentinels are primarily female

10+ Year Old Account
    Now that I think about WoW I think that gameplay reasons should have not butchered sex oriented classes. Druids should be male only for night elves and so should be Demon Hunters. Things can not be changed now but I would prefer Blizzard to rely more on sexual dimorphism and cultures of races.

That being said it is not only D and DH issue only, there are other classes too.
    Who gives a crap?

"Rather than love, than money, than fame, give me truth."

Deleted
    we are talking about elves not other races when it comes to demon hunters. females are still weaker than males

that must be one big flawed research. probably sponsored by the progressive circles. why? because it is false.
    "why? because it is false." Why? Because you say so? Logic fail but then again so is this thread.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkfie1d View Post
    Who gives a crap?
    Well, I do, sort of.

Deleted
    males are also far more agile than females.
    Watch acrobatics...

Seriously dude you have no grasp of actual differences between males and you fall back on some shit stereotypes. Are you a misogynist by chance?

I agree that druids should be male only for night elves. Priest should be female only too for them. I don't care about the whole sexism thing really. Different cultures work differently and sticking to that enhances fantasy for me.

There's a female druid in the very first cinematic of WoW...

Deleted
    "why? because it is false." Why? Because you say so? Logic fail but then again so is this thread.
    Because it has been multiple times proven that women even at the height of their form are weaker than average men. Sorry, reality is as it is.

- - - Updated - - -

Watch acrobatics...

Seriously dude you have no grasp of actual differences between males and you fall back on some shit stereotypes. Are you a misogonist by chance?
    I do watch them, sorry, males are far more agile. Just because you see more often women doing tricks mean that it is more popular. I imagine tight body suits play role in it.