Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    I did get my first legendary drop though... in practice using my frost nova or dragon's breath procs the ring for 15% haste and 70% movement speed... VERY sweet for escaping or proccing a "haste trinket" in a fight.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Blur4stuff View Post
    didn't they post some time back about wanting scaling to be smaller from Legion start to finish?

can't remember the exact wording
    Yeah something about increasing the effectiveness of secondary stats at lower levels so that the specs are more fun to play at 100, and scale less at 110.

What this tells me is that it is even more critical that you craft items that have you "main secondary" stat as the higher one if you want to see a noticeable increase. It also seems your main stat contributes more overall to your damage than the increasing secondary stats.

It also makes comparing gear less easy... because perhaps iLevel doesn't mean as much as stat weights... Perhaps I'll get time to do some target dummy meter comparisons.

- - - Updated - - -

Well... it looks like in addition to Blood Of Sargeras being BoP, Felwort is not the new "lotus" meaning a rare proc from pciking any herbs. Instead, it is ONLY available to be picked as a WQ... it appears every day or two.

You wanted to know what professions alts will have? Herbalism. Just do they can go get these every time the WQ pops. They are not BoP, but will be quite expensive on the AH for a very long time.

In terms of time investment how does it compare to just doing bounties for gear?

Quote Originally Posted by Trickname View Post
    In terms of time investment how does it compare to just doing bounties for gear?
    Bounties by FAR will be quicker unless you just buy the gear from the AH. The WQs usually have 3-4 pieces of gear available to you every day.

And the order hall will unlock a couple pieces pretty quick.. in fact they are class questline rewards.

OK, so I did another crafting session. I made 12 pair of pants.. even though I already had an 850 set. They crafted High Mastery and I really wanted High Crit for Fire Mage. In this set of crafting I actually got a Crit only.. Perfect. So I went to upgrading it. Again... the secondary stats do not change much from 815 to 850... so a single stat item will see the highest change.

And finally you see that I obliterated my previous 850 pants... it gave me 200 Ash.

Deleted
    Btw, isn't crafting gated by Infernal Brimstone/Felwort/Felhide? I realized that with these resources being gated, you will have to buy them from AH if you want to produce larger amounts of Obliterum....

There is also archelogy project that can be oblitarated (blood of young mannoroth weekly arch quest)). It gives pretty good amount of obliterium (1 full + 30-40 pieces)
    http://legion.wowhead.com/item=13174...oung-mannoroth
    Last edited by lukoil; 2016-07-12 at 12:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Yrael View Post
    Btw, isn't crafting gated by Infernal Brimstone/Felwort/Felhide? I realized that with these resources being gated, you will have to buy them from AH if you want to produce larger amounts of Obliterum....
    So far that appears to be the case. The only way to get Felwort is the occasional WQ, and if you are lucky enough to get seeds, planting them and harvesting the results.

10+ Year Old Account
    Looks kind of satisfying. I am looking forward to utterly obliterating my useless loot!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gonder View Post
    Looks kind of satisfying. I am looking forward to utterly obliterating my useless loot!
    You can only obliterate your unwanted CRAFTED loot as far as I know. Drops and quest rewards still need enchanting or just vendored I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Maudib View Post
    So far that appears to be the case. The only way to get Felwort is the occasional WQ, and if you are lucky enough to get seeds, planting them and harvesting the results.
    Any idea how you get seeds? I assume the are a random drop when you harvest a herb node.

Quote Originally Posted by spleen1015 View Post
    Any idea how you get seeds? I assume the are a random drop when you harvest a herb node.
    Yes, they are from harvesting the herb. Probably they higher star skill levels add the chance to get the seeds. I only get seeds for the actual plant when I have level 2.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by CmdrCool View Post
    You can only obliterate your unwanted CRAFTED loot as far as I know. Drops and quest rewards still need enchanting or just vendored I think.

Correct. I understand that all crafting proffs can craft "Obliterable" items... even alchemy and inscription.

Deleted
    Im still doubting heavily which character / class to play on in legion. Maybe crafting can help me decide.

My tauren shaman main has Enchanting / LW maxed but no skinning which pretty much made LW less useful in WoD.
    My monk on the same server has Tailoring and skinning, but from what ive seen monk (brewmaster) is the least fun tank specs.
    Rest of the interesting classes (druid (guardian), warrior (prot), mage (frost)) are all on different servers, factions and well below lvl 100 (not resubbing till Sept. cuz of school)

Also don't feel like keeping up with more than 1 character at the same time, because of time reasons and how there is 0 alt support in terms of artifact progress.

I guess it is still too early to tell whether the gathering of mats will be the main gating or the other Fel drops from WQ, regardless of proff?

10+ Year Old Account
    Ahhh, I see. Well then, so long as I get more profit out of obliterating my crafted gear than I would selling it to the auction house straight up, I'll be content with the sacrifice.

Quote Originally Posted by Gonder View Post
    Ahhh, I see. Well then, so long as I get more profit out of obliterating my crafted gear than I would selling it to the auction house straight up, I'll be content with the sacrifice.
    If it has versatility, it's will be (for the most part) Obliterum fodder. But certain combo rolled items will sell very well indeed.

Keep in mind you cannot upgrade crafted items then sell them... the first time you go to upgrade a crafted item it will warn that doing so will bind the item to you.

- - - Updated - - -

Im still doubting heavily which character / class to play on in legion. Maybe crafting can help me decide.

My tauren shaman main has Enchanting / LW maxed but no skinning which pretty much made LW less useful in WoD.
    My monk on the same server has Tailoring and skinning, but from what ive seen monk (brewmaster) is the least fun tank specs.
    Rest of the interesting classes (druid (guardian), warrior (prot), mage (frost)) are all on different servers, factions and well below lvl 100 (not resubbing till Sept. cuz of school)

Also don't feel like keeping up with more than 1 character at the same time, because of time reasons and how there is 0 alt support in terms of artifact progress.

I guess it is still too early to tell whether the gathering of mats will be the main gating or the other Fel drops from WQ, regardless of proff?
    You will get plenty of Blood of Sargeras from WQs and dungeons. Skinning is not really necessary as you can get a gatherer's shoulder enchant.. that kept me fairly well stocked with leather. AT least for my limited testing.

Enchanting will be really good at first for all the DE mats... and dust is needed for creating some advanced mats (Like Imbued SIlkweave for tailors). DOn;t know what to tell you about leatherworking.

Play what you think wil lbe the most fun to play and do not let crafting be a determining factor.

At what level can you craft the bracers needed for the forge?

Quote Originally Posted by Maudib View Post
    No... there is a questline to teach you how to turn regular silkweave into Imbued Silkweave. It can only be made at a specific place in Suramar. The Arkhana is the new enchanting "dust".

Would a fresh L100 be able to learn how to make the bracers you need to unlock the Forge? What are the mats for those specific bracers? Do I need to be 700 Tailoring to do this?

Quote Originally Posted by Silverbloom View Post
    Quick question. Can you buy someone else's crafted gear off AH, upgrade it with obliterum and resell? If not, are you unable to use it on boe stuff? Does using it on boe gear make it bop?
    If you upgrade the gear then the gear becomes BoP- so no you can't upgrade it then sell it. You can sell obliterum on the AH though- not the dust but the chunk you get from combining it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by emidas View Post
    Would a fresh L100 be able to learn how to make the bracers you need to unlock the Forge? What are the mats for those specific bracers? Do I need to be 700 Tailoring to do this?
    You don't need to be "700" for anything. You just need to be atleast "100".

gdo those 4 crafted items... what a roadblock

Quote Originally Posted by emidas View Post
    You need to be level 110 as the quest to learn how to make Imbued Silkweave is in Suramar. Your skill must be 740 before you can craft it.