Page 65 of 108 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Zippoflames View Post
    I agree, Somehow Blizz have made the game to be honest pretty unfun now and I find myself conceding within a couple of draws if I have no answer to board. Not sure how they can fix it either
    I'm not sure, probably something radical though. Maybe make weapons only targettable against minions, increase the cost of singe target removal, or just go all out balls with big healing & taunts between turns 1 & 5.
    Last edited by Pantalaimon; 2016-07-11 at 08:52 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pantalaimon View Post
    I'm not sure, probably something radical though. Maybe make weapons only targettable against minions, increase the cost of singe target removal, or just go all out balls with big healing between turns 1 & 5.
    I almost want to say split the q system and have a control deck/aggro deck etc queue system but I know that wont work..
    But then they do the most stupidest things like making a 4 mana 7/7 then nerfing BGH...They nerfed undertaker and implemented tunnel trogg..It is like Blizz are trying to piss people off for lols

I guess I'm just extra salty this morning for losing to complete random shit decks that won 100% of all and any rng outcomes.
    Remove charge from everything as well while I'm at it haha bloody leeroy cold blood cold blood in yo face!
    Last edited by Zippoflames; 2016-07-11 at 08:57 AM.

On the topic of random. I had arena game lethal with 3 guys with 5, 5 and 6 health respectively. He has two 1/1 guys. Casts Servant of Yogg-Saron, which does Shadowflame on itself. One well aimed ping later my board and win was gone. I'm sure one of us enjoyed it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Okay last rant from me as the game is making me want to punch kids lol....

What the actual fuck is up with the RNG in the cunt of a game? My museum curator gives me fucking 1/1 lepers they get sylvan and fucking chillmaw and other choice legends on the reg, I use 2 x thoughtsteal and get 2 x weapon poison in 2 games against the same rogue...Then add me on Bnet to gloat..Community in the game is just as toxic as every other online game.

And I know people go oh confirmation bias...load of bollocks the game decides who is going to win and who isn't the second you press play.

Also what the fuck is up with playing an N'zoth deck with deathrattle cards when you don't draw a single deathrattle until the last 10 cards in your deck EVERY TIME...

Everytime you change deck as you faced 6 shamans in a row you instead now get the counter to your new deck 5 times in row..

I genuinely cannot see how people get long time enjoyment out of the game.. It is an absolute shit show of rng I might as well knock next door and ask if they want to flip a coin 20 times in a row and who gets it right most wins...

And breath :P
    Just needed to rant and shake some salt off
    Last edited by Zippoflames; 2016-07-12 at 10:18 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Was playing yshaarj druid against a cthun warrior. I ramp hard and get ysera out on what would have been my turn 5. He has to throw his 3/3 ghoul, firey win axe swing, and 2 spells to kill it. I'm dominating him bc I just keep throwing fatty after fatty down. He blows a brawl on 2 of my minions and 1 of his and of course my smallest minion survives. Later I play cairne innervate ancient harbinger...he brawls again and cairne lives. Super super risky play bc that was a 50/50 chance of basically doing fuck all. Goes downhill from there. Yshaarj is obviously on the bottom of my deck and he starts gaining armor with bran+10 armor chick and justicar. Starts picking off my fatties on the cheap with executes and shield slams.

Made me so mad that he basically won that game off that single brawl against cairne and harbinger.

Okay last rant from me as the game is making me want to punch kids lol....

What the actual fuck is up with the RNG in the cunt of a game? My museum curator gives me fucking 1/1 lepers they get sylvan and fucking chillmaw and other choice legends on the reg, I use 2 x thoughtsteal and get 2 x weapon poison in 2 games against the same rogue...Then add me on Bnet to gloat..Community in the game is just as toxic as every other online game.

And I know people go oh confirmation bias...load of bollocks the game decides who is going to win and who isn't the second you press play.

Also what the fuck is up with playing an N'zoth deck with deathrattle cards when you don't draw a single deathrattle until the last 10 cards in your deck EVERY TIME...

Everytime you change deck as you faced 6 shamans in a row you instead now get the counter to your new deck 5 times in row..

I genuinely cannot see how people get long time enjoyment out of the game.. It is an absolute shit show of rng I might as well knock next door and ask if they want to flip a coin 20 times in a row and who gets it right most wins...

And breath :P
    Just needed to rant and shake some salt off
    You perfectly summed up how I feel about this game. I wish that matchups were indeed random like they should be. Why is it that when I make a new deck to counter all the annoying shamans and then when I play it I don't face a single shaman but decks and classes that somehow magically have all the counters for my new deck?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by patseguin View Post
    You perfectly summed up how I feel about this game. I wish that matchups were indeed random like they should be. Why is it that when I make a new deck to counter all the annoying shamans and then when I play it I don't face a single shaman but decks and classes that somehow magically have all the counters for my new deck?
    That's why no matter what people say about bias there is something with how it matches your deck.. Wanted to play a Priest deck as I hadn't seen a single Priest player in at least a week...Second I queue with a Priest next 4 games all against Priests and then every other game is against Priests it can't keep being coincidences it just can't.

That's why no matter what people say about bias there is something with how it matches your deck.. Wanted to play a Priest deck as I hadn't seen a single Priest player in at least a week...Second I queue with a Priest next 4 games all against Priests and then every other game is against Priests it can't keep being coincidences it just can't.
    I'm 100% convinced that they have an algorithm to choose your opponent based on the cards in your deck. There is no way it is random. I'm playing my mage control deck last night, yogg reno, and I face 3 shamans in a row a hunter then another shaman. I say OK screw them and switch to my tempo deck to burn them down faster. Presto, I start facing priests and warlocks and not a single shaman. Very irritating.

I've been watching Reynad's stream and the other night he was talking about how when he switched decks he magically started getting different matchups over and over. Why can't they just have it as a truly random opponent search within 1 rank?

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm 100% convinced that they have an algorithm to choose your opponent based on the cards in your deck. There is no way it is random. I'm playing my mage control deck last night, yogg reno, and I face 3 shamans in a row a hunter then another shaman. I say OK screw them and switch to my tempo deck to burn them down faster. Presto, I start facing priests and warlocks and not a single shaman. Very irritating.

I've been watching Reynad's stream and the other night he was talking about how when he switched decks he magically started getting different matchups over and over. Why can't they just have it as a truly random opponent search within 1 rank?
    It's random

The end
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Quote Originally Posted by Nikkaszal View Post
    It's random

The end
    Bullshit.

The end.

10+ Year Old Account
    Correlation is not causation. Unless you can hack blizzard and prove it you're just blowing hot air.

Quote Originally Posted by Chuupag View Post
    Was playing yshaarj druid against a cthun warrior. I ramp hard and get ysera out on what would have been my turn 5. He has to throw his 3/3 ghoul, firey win axe swing, and 2 spells to kill it. I'm dominating him bc I just keep throwing fatty after fatty down. He blows a brawl on 2 of my minions and 1 of his and of course my smallest minion survives. Later I play cairne innervate ancient harbinger...he brawls again and cairne lives. Super super risky play bc that was a 50/50 chance of basically doing fuck all. Goes downhill from there. Yshaarj is obviously on the bottom of my deck and he starts gaining armor with bran+10 armor chick and justicar. Starts picking off my fatties on the cheap with executes and shield slams.

Made me so mad that he basically won that game off that single brawl against cairne and harbinger.
    If he is playing from behind, 50/50 is pretty good odds, really. Compared to some bullshit RNG we've seen in this game. (Still frustrating for you, though, no doubt. I get that!)

15+ Year Old Account
    Bullshit.

The end.
    Provide me one tiny scrap of evidence supporting your claim besides anecdotal, and I will happily look at it.

But you can't, because there isn't any.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikkaszal View Post
    Provide me one tiny scrap of evidence supporting your claim besides anecdotal, and I will happily look at it.

But you can't, because there isn't any.
    Serious question how the hell do you hope for any average joe from the street to be able to provide any sort of evidence? You yourself could not prove it either way

Serious question how the hell do you hope for any average joe from the street to be able to provide any sort of evidence? You yourself could not prove it either way
    Exactly. Any evidence either way would be anecdotal. I see it all the time though. I start playing and am facing shamans probably 7 out of 10 games. If I change decks, I may not even see a single shaman in 10 games.

I have been watching streams of Reynad, a professional HS player. He was trying a certain deck and always getting a certain counter. He changed his deck and magically those counters changed. He even made a point of mentioning to the stream how there is no way it is random.

I'll post a video in that thread and show what I mean.

10+ Year Old Account
    1 million anecdotes still don't prove anything. You are seriously implying that blizzard has made this amazeballs piece of super intelligent coding that knows what counters your deck. The burden of proof rests on the affirmative. You are saying the system is rigged, I'm saying it's not. Prove it.

1 million anecdotes still don't prove anything. You are seriously implying that blizzard has made this amazeballs piece of super intelligent coding that knows what counters your deck. The burden of proof rests on the affirmative. You are saying the system is rigged, I'm saying it's not. Prove it.
    I'm not necessarily saying it's rigged. I'm just saying that they use an algorithm and it is not random. Playing against the same decks over and over all night long and then not running into those decks AT ALL when you change the deck you are playing tells me it is NOT random.

10+ Year Old Account
    Or a more likely scenario is you remember the times when you change decks and start seeing different decks more than the times you change and nothing happens. This is just how the human mind works. You are far far far more likely to remember something bad that happened than something good.

- - - Updated - - -

Also if the system is rigged why are you only ever on the short end of the stick? Shouldn't you also be getting benefit if Joe Schmoe changes decks and then you face him when you counter him?

10+ Year Old Account
    Or a more likely scenario is you remember the times when you change decks and start seeing different decks more than the times you change and nothing happens. This is just how the human mind works. You are far far far more likely to remember something bad that happened than something good.

- - - Updated - - -

Also if the system is rigged why are you only ever on the short end of the stick? Shouldn't you also be getting benefit if Joe Schmoe changes decks and then you face him when you counter him?
    I understand what you are saying and are you honestly saying you have not noticed going on a little win streak then exact same deck facing the exact same decks going on a losing streak?
    I honestly believe they are enforcing the 50% win rate through match ups/what cards are in your deck. I can't prove they are and you can't prove they aren't. I wouldn't go as far as to say they know how the rng of stuff will be but more if you play a freeze mage and it is your turn to lose a couple of games then you will get control warriors and see how it goes.

Yeah I understand what you are saying too. I just play a ton of HS and I see these patterns. I like mage a lot so that's what I play. I was having fun with a couple reno control variants but my matchups would go something like this: shaman, shaman, priest, warlock, shaman, shaman. So, I see to myself OK I am sick of this tunnel trogg, 3 mana taunts, and 4 mana 7/7's. So, I make a deck that has good counters to those shamans. What happens? The next 6 games I don't see a single shaman and instead see other decks I've never seen before. Whether the game uses some kind of math to keep your win rate down or matches you with an opponent who is less likely win, it is not random. No way.

- - - Updated - - -

I understand what you are saying and are you honestly saying you have not noticed going on a little win streak then exact same deck facing the exact same decks going on a losing streak?
    I honestly believe they are enforcing the 50% win rate through match ups/what cards are in your deck. I can't prove they are and you can't prove they aren't. I wouldn't go as far as to say they know how the rng of stuff will be but more if you play a freeze mage and it is your turn to lose a couple of games then you will get control warriors and see how it goes.
    You just reminded me of when I was playing freeze mage a lot. At least half of my matchups were against control warriors where frost mages basically have 0% chance of winning. If I took a break from freeze and went to a tempo deck, I would stop seeing control warriors.