Page 5 of 34 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by deviantcultist View Post
    I am really fond of this feature as long as it does not get abused. For example, having people conspire to harrass another player to silence him on purpose etc.
    There's the whole "investigation" cycle between reporting and action, as long as that's actually done well.

Quote Originally Posted by snackfeat View Post
    Is there really a point in doing this for wow though? In 10+ years of playing the game, I don't think I have ever experienced or witnessed any real "abuse" in any chat. Also the only notable spam that really exist in the game is mostly gold sellers with their wall of text macros in trade chat.

A system like this works fine in games like MOBAs and other competitive games where toxicity is fairly common, and you are stuck with the same team of people for X amount of time. But I don't see a reason why this even needs to be a thing in wow.
    It's so the crybabies won't get triggered when someone interacts with the community in trade chat.

Deleted
    Another dumb idea by blizzard. Instead of just banning people that do terrible stuff, no they'll let them play instead. Good idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulwind View Post
    Some people here speak as if a report tool hadn't been available for years. Why would this system be more abused than the existing one, when the existing one had a much harsher punishment?

If anything, this is separating toxic or annoying players from actual bots and cheaters by not banning them from the game.
    The existing tool has LOTS of abuse as it stands. From my understanding with extensive conversations with two separate GMs, Harassment Reports, regardless of truthfulness are always going to end in a 72 Hour Suspension. Always. This is a bad idea, and I can already smell the people, both trolls and PC Police, abusing this system to get people they dislike removed from the game.

Soon as it goes live, gonna report Blizzard itself... for allowing endless chat spam like "georgie is making a potion of butthurt" 20, 40, 60, 80 times over making it impossible to have an actual conversation. ESPECIALLY in places like Stormshield.

Quote Originally Posted by Schmittay View Post
    I think there should be a maximum because it can really destroy an account. Nothing wrong with a month long ban to give people a seriously long time to think about it and those that keep doing it can only do it once per month.

/shrug But seriously ignore is there for a reason.
    You did read that the silence starts at 24 hrs right? So for someone to be silenced for a month (which you think is fair) they have to be rightfully penalized 6 times! Honestly if they keep up their attitude I'm totally fine with a longer penalty.

Quote Originally Posted by Dakushisai View Post
    Another dumb idea by blizzard. Instead of just banning people that do terrible stuff, no they'll let them play instead. Good idea.
    Psychological studies show that a potentially lengthy penalty is more effective than a ban.

Deleted
    <3 <3 <3 <3 <3

Finally

Quote Originally Posted by Brightbrown View Post
    Soon as it goes live, gonna report Blizzard itself... for allowing endless chat spam like "georgie is making a potion of butthurt" 20, 40, 60, 80 times over making it impossible to have an actual conversation. ESPECIALLY in places like Stormshield.
    You don't know that these types.of messages can be filtered in chat with the default interface?

i feel like this is a good idea but "cant send ingame mail" what? why? so if my alt needs some gold for what ever i cant send it?

Very cool change. Hope we can report people who lie about patches and spread other misinformation too in world chats. Either way a nice step towards bringing this game back to a social atmosphere.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Desareon View Post
    Oh yeah, this new Silence Penalty won't be abused by trolls in the slightest...
    Well as long as you arent trolling or spamming trade chat, or 4 chat, you wont be reported. Stop fighting this just because if thats the category you fall into you should be silenced.

Quote Originally Posted by NoobistTV-Metro View Post
    Hope we can report people who lie about patches and spread other misinformation too in world chats
    You don't even have to leave the thread to see how this system is a bad idea. Case in point, Noobist here.

Quote Originally Posted by Schmittay View Post
    I think there should be a maximum because it can really destroy an account. Nothing wrong with a month long ban to give people a seriously long time to think about it and those that keep doing it can only do it once per month.

/shrug But seriously ignore is there for a reason.

No, silence is best against some nasty people such as abusers and racists that you ignore and yet carry on spewing their hate. Like this they will leave a server in peace and help clean it up.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    Well as long as you arent trolling or spamming trade chat, or 4 chat, you wont be reported. Stop fighting this just because if thats the category you fall into you should be silenced.
    Considering multiboxers reported people and got them banned for jack shit. The system can still be abused.

Quote Originally Posted by Paula Deen View Post
    The existing tool has LOTS of abuse as it stands. From my understanding with extensive conversations with two separate GMs, Harassment Reports, regardless of truthfulness are always going to end in a 72 Hour Suspension. Always. This is a bad idea, and I can already smell the people, both trolls and PC Police, abusing this system to get people they dislike removed from the game.
    I've never known someone who got a suspension and didn't deserve it, and I've known enough players throughout the years to say that reports don't "always" end in a suspension. But let's say you're right, and this system is as abused as the current one, isn't a 24h ban from a few chats better than a 72h ban from the whole game? Because the report tool is the same, it's just the punishment that is getting changed.

Also to add to it this system is gonna get abused by multiboxers and troll guilds looking to silence someone for the fun of it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Soulwind View Post
    I've never known someone who got a suspension and didn't deserve it, and I've known enough players throughout the years to say that reports don't "always" end in a suspension. But let's say you're right, and this system is as abused as the current one, isn't a 24h ban from a few chats better than a 72h ban from the whole game? Because the report tool is the same, it's just the punishment that is getting changed.
    It's still a shitty thing to mass report someone because "you don't like them" or "for the lulz" or w/e.

finally, only took 10 years or so