Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Alter time and Blazing speed removed

in Legion. Those two are what made the class really fun to play. Now it feels so slow on the ptr. I might be dumping mage and going dk or something.

So you're going from one of the most mobile casters to one of the least mobile melee classes? k

420 glaze it
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonus View Post
    Anyway stop being such an ass fucktard.
    Quote Originally Posted by oblivium666 View Post
    Would you kindly go fuck yourself?

Quote Originally Posted by tgrape View Post
    So you're going from one of the most mobile casters to one of the least mobile melee classes? k
    edit: Misread.

With Ice Floes we're still one of the most mobile casters. AT had situational uses but BS was hardly ever used.

I'm just sad that Temporal Shield is only coming back for PvP.

Alter time still exists. It's arcane only now and is renamed displacement with slightly different mechanics.

Blazing speed is baked into cauterize now.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitros14 View Post
    Alter time still exists. It's arcane only now and is renamed displacement with slightly different mechanics.

Blazing speed is baked into cauterize now.
    "Slightly" different mechanics? It requires blink, it does not heal and it's kinda weird to use for DPSing though to be perfectly honest I found it quite niche in 6.x and I wonder how the blinking-back mechanic can be used optimally now because I frankly don't know.

I wouldn't call "baked in" something that requires you to ""die"" first.

Those will be missed, to any PvPer. Pruning is a reality, and i guess Blizz thought they were niche or redundant abilities (which is indeed the case, since they are not related to the class role or core functions).

I, for one, will miss them. Much more than Remove Curse, which i couldn't care less and almost never used anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by tobindax View Post
    "Slightly" different mechanics? It requires blink, it does not heal and it's kinda weird to use for DPSing though to be perfectly honest I found it quite niche in 6.x and I wonder how the blinking-back mechanic can be used optimally now because I frankly don't know.

I wouldn't call "baked in" something that requires you to ""die"" first.
    With shimmer it seems like a nice dps increase. You can blink, while casting, without a GCD to avoid a mechanic. Then displace back within 30 seconds also without a GCD.

Alter time was pure gold if used correctly, and it required awareness to use it correctly.
    It didn't cheese any boss mechanics, but still it had to be removed. Because everybody wanted it gone. Yep.

I will indeed miss Blazing speed, I use it all the time x.x

Sad.

I really enjoyed using alter time on Mythic Mannoroth and Archimonde.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitros14 View Post
    The fact that [Alter Time] had been replaced by [Displacement] is shameful, but the fact that you try to support it is insulting indeed...

Anyway, Blizzard and their endless stupid decisions, nothing new. I only hope that one day they take their toll...

Displace is _not_ a replacement for alter time. It is a core mechanic for arcane and a good addition for the specs mobility.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by heinz0r View Post
    Displace is _not_ a replacement for alter time. It is a core mechanic for arcane and a good addition for the specs mobility.
    It could have similar uses like in the Hellfire Council strategy which could be used almost identically. Blink out, use a defense, drop puddle, return.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by heinz0r View Post
    Damn be [Displacement]! It merely consists in 2 extra [Blink] charges covertly disguised into a "new" spell.

Honestly, I'd rather have directly two pure [Blink] charges before the flamboyant [Displacement], at least I'd have more flexibility...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Northem View Post
    Damn be [Displacement]! It merely consists in 2 extra [Blink] charges covertly disguised into a "new" spell.

Honestly, I'd rather have directly two pure [Blink] charges before the flamboyant [Displacement], at least I'd have more flexibility...
    Wait what? You propose 4 blinks in a row? That's OP and Displacement is nowhere near that good.

Well, maybe defensively it can be better, if it fits well the topography of the encounter.

Quote Originally Posted by Northem View Post

Mate, you don't really know what you are talking about.

Displacement is one of the best spec reserved abilities of the game currently. PvPwise it is basically THE ability that makes Arcane so powerful against melee opponents.

PvE wise it's a wonderful tool aswell, since it provides the same movement uses that Alter Time had on a much shorter cooldown. Coupled with shimmer and in the hands of a skilled player it allows for wonders such as shimmering mid Evocation, explode on boss or on adds and Displace back WITH A SINGLE GCD.

That is definetly nothing to sneeze at.

Quote Originally Posted by Yamzi View Post
    I will indeed miss Blazing speed, I use it all the time x.x
    Blazing Speed is one of the coolest talents we Mages have ever had. It's an utter travesty that we're losing it. I use it all the time too, and it has uses in every facet of the game. I've made multiple posts about it on the Legion Beta forums, to no avail :\ I'm going to continue sending in-game suggestions through Beta as well though. It should be Fire's mobility tool, or at the very least a PvP talent in its current incarnation. The baked in one is bullcrap.

10+ Year Old Account
    I repeat: [Displacement] is a 'cool way' of having 2 extra [Blink] charges (well, in fact [Displacement] is worse, as [Blink] has more flexibility by itself)

So, in order to have those 2 extra charges of [Blink] we have lost the iconic and helpful [Alter Time]... That is outrageous!!

Just as Fire Mages now have to die first in order to use their iconic [Blazing Speed]... How ridiculous!