Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    Chinpokomon GO GO GO!

I don't think the game itself should be banned just because a few people did stupid things while playing it.

I mean, I guess if we really have to (and assuming the game doesn't already have it), maybe the game should have some kind of unskippable "running into traffic is a dumb thing to do, please don't do it while playing this game" disclaimer that pops up occasionally for those who don't have common sense.

I'm personally not that interested in Pokemon Go (I loved the original Pokemon red/blue games but haven't touched a Pokemon game since then), but I think it's an interesting idea, and I think it's cool that the game gets people outside/actively doing things as long as they're staying within reason.
    Last edited by Ciddy; 2016-07-12 at 02:27 PM.

He then walked into an enclosed back porch of the residence, and when it still did not appear he started checking windows on the house and attempted to open them.
    Uh, that's not how you're supposed to play the game. So Pokemon GO isn't to blame, it's people who have no concept of trespassing, I guess. How does anyone think that is ok?
    MY X/Y POKEMON FRIEND CODE: 1418-7279-9541 In Game Name: Michael__

Someone mentioned signal jamming. The answer is no, not even on private property:

https://www.fcc.gov/general/jamming-...nt-against-law

Anecdotally, my nightly 2 miles along our busier beach has probably quadrupled in people count. That is just along the beach and path, not counting park and pier. Most people are attentive enough not to just stand stock still on the path, and when they do I just go around. The soft glow of the phones in the twilight are almost like strange fireflies.

As to the OP, if you track conservative, as is claimed by some here, then you should subscribe to the fact that government already as enough say in our lives. Maybe YOU need to have your hand held, but don't project your insecurity and neuroses on the rest of us.

Btw lol@ linking satire article as legit news. That made my day.
    Last edited by Malfecto; 2016-07-12 at 02:34 PM.

Cleaning the gene pool. Working as intended.

#PatriarchySanctioned

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ciddy View Post
    I don't think the game itself should be banned just because a few people did stupid things while playing it.

I mean, I guess if we really have to (and assuming the game doesn't already have it), maybe the game should have some kind of unskippable "running into traffic is a dumb thing to do, please don't do it while playing this game" disclaimer that pops up occasionally for those who don't have common sense.

I'm personally not that interested in Pokemon Go (I loved the original Pokemon red/blue games but haven't touched a Pokemon game since then), but I think it's an interesting idea, and I think it's cool that the game gets people outside/actively doing things as long as they're staying within reason.
    Its called the loading screen. However its more broad and says to be aware of your surroundings at all times.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Malfecto View Post
    Someone mentioned signal jamming. The answer is no, not even on private property:

Anecdotally, my nightly 2 miles along our busier beach has probably quadrupled in people count. That is just along the beach and path, not counting park and pier. Most people are attentive enough not to just stand stock still on the path, and when they do I just go around. The soft glow of the phones in the twilight are almost like strange fireflies.

As to the OP, if you track conservative, as is claimed by some here, then you should subscribe to the fact that government already as enough say in our lives. Maybe YOU need to have your hand held, but don't project your insecurity and neuroses on the rest of us.

Btw lol@ linking satire article as legit news. That made my day.
    I wasnt aware that the one site was a satirical news site but the other ones are legit and there are hundreds of other stories about people obstructing walking and bike paths and traffic as well as committing crimes of trespassing playing Pokemon go

Shelter the people from the dangerous pokemon go game!

10+ Year Old Account
    Just wait until the first school shooting caused by this game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    Yugioh is the same way now, and I used dueling network to play once in a while, but they are no longer allowed to display the card images making the game a pain to play online. And Konami has not made an online game worth playing yet.
    It's not that bad if you can get descent at drafting. On MTGO it's called going infinite and based on your skill, you can go off with the initial 10$. I'm pseudo infinite, because I don't sell the cards I open. I end up spending 20-50$ bucks at releases 4 times a year, which I can make selling cards if I were not a collector only selling 5th card +. I am sitting on 20+ various unopened packs and 20 bucks in currency at the moment, which means I won't need to spend anything for the current release. If I sold my cards, I have at least 5 cards that can be sold to bots for 250$ bucks total (OG Illiana + 4 ancestral).

The most expensive card I bought on MTGO was the Chronotog avatar. Paid 10$ to have a bit of psychological advantage, as it's intimidating due to rarity and looks like a trololol. Any little bit counts...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Quote Originally Posted by Malfecto View Post

Ah thanks. I was just curious as I know it's illegal here as well, but you can never know. .
    Still sucks for the poor guy whose garden is now a public gathering space for the next couple of week :/

10+ Year Old Account
    No one became the very best like no one ever was following all the rules.
    You're getting exactly what you deserve.

As others have said, grow up. It's just a game. It's doing way more good than harm too.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    It's not that bad if you can get descent at drafting. On MTGO it's called going infinite and based on your skill, you can go off with the initial 10$. I'm pseudo infinite, because I don't sell the cards I open. I end up spending 20-50$ bucks at releases 4 times a year, which I can make selling cards if I were not a collector only selling 5th card +. I am sitting on 20+ various unopened packs and 20 bucks in currency at the moment, which means I won't need to spend anything for the current release. If I sold my cards, I have at least 5 cards that can be sold to bots for 250$ bucks total (OG Illiana + 4 ancestral).

The most expensive card I bought on MTGO was the Chronotog avatar. Paid 10$ to have a bit of psychological advantage, as it's intimidating due to rarity and looks like a trololol. Any little bit counts...
    Yugioh is dropping 500 for a competitive deck every year. Maybe around 100-150 for an anti meta deck.

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    No, he's right... Orlong is clearly being a hypocrite... which is nothing new.
    Pot calling the kettle black.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    Yugioh is dropping 500 for a competitive deck every year. Maybe around 100-150 for an anti meta deck.
    Oh, I don't chase that rabbit. I only play limited competitively and then use the winnings to play casual.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

We can ban Pokemon GO... but I'm taking the microbeads with me!

Quote Originally Posted by xuros View Post
    Pot calling the kettle black.
    If you can show how I'm being a hypocrite, I welcome you to try.

Quote Originally Posted by Typhoria View Post
    Gotta throw personal responsibility out the window... Its the game's fault!
    logic too strong for OP to grasp
    Quote Originally Posted by TheOne01 View Post
    I believe your hands should be cut off. As I feel your opinions prove your not fit to type.
    Gen Off-Topic being hella ruthless

Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    I wasnt aware that the one site was a satirical news site but the other ones are legit and there are hundreds of other stories about people obstructing walking and bike paths and traffic as well as committing crimes of trespassing playing Pokemon go
    Show us exactly 200 stories of all you claim, since you said "hundreds".

Hyppocrite