Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Would you pay more to see a Warcaft movie done using the Wow Trailer animation?

Would you pay more to see a Warcaft movie done using the Wow Trailer animation? IE:

- - - Updated - - -

I know i sure as hell would..

Absolutely. I don't mind throwing down for IMAX/3D for big movies that I WANT to watch in their highest form, this would be no different.
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

7+ Year Old Account
    Ohh yes! The blizz animation team is absolutly doing some amazing work with each trailer While it would proberly cost 1½ billion dollars to make a full length movie in that style, i would watch such a movie several times just for the sake of animation.
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

no, i would prefer they make a tv series of it in this style, following the actual story of the series.

10+ Year Old Account
    Straying slightly to a similar topic I would LOVE if they made an animated series using their in game cut scene style along the likes of a star wars clone wars show.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would love it but just think how long it would take to actually make a feature film.

Yeah ; i would love a movie or a Tv Series honestly just anything more then a 3min trailer

Quote Originally Posted by Twistedelmo View Post
    I would love it but just think how long it would take to actually make a feature film.
    I mean, making a feature film as it is takes years sometimes. This would really be no different

I would pay more for a WoW movie that stuck to the fucking lore!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gib Lover View Post
    I mean, making a feature film as it is takes years sometimes. This would really be no different
    x years of long waited hype. its bad enough we gotta wait a year for Expansions after they are announced.

7+ Year Old Account
    oh god yes, but do you know how long/how much money it takes to make these like 4 minute animations? DO YOU KNOW cause it is INSANE im pretty sure for WoD's they told us and showed us the making, i cant remember the exact amounts but it was like 6 months and a few hundred thousend just for that alone, but god did it look fucking amazing....

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by brunnor View Post
    it wasent suppose to, the original lore had loop holes and wouldent play out well as a movie, as their would be no drama, it would just be non stop war

also then all the fans would have nothing to gain from it... as they allready knew the story, but the movie gave us a slightly new story that allowed us all the experience something new
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    oh god yes, but do you know how long/how much money it takes to make these like 4 minute animations? DO YOU KNOW cause it is INSANE im pretty sure for WoD's they told us and showed us the making, i cant remember the exact amounts but it was like 6 months and a few hundred thousend just for that alone, but god did it look fucking amazing....
    People have already broken down the costs of Blur Studios making a feature length movie and it came down to around the same price as a modern blockbuster, I can't imagine Warcraft's animations cost more than Blur's to produce.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by brunnor View Post
    Yeah! Why didn't it end like the ORIGINAL Warcraft and have both sides win depending on who I chose to play through the campaign as! UGH!

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, a lot more.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gib Lover View Post
    People have already broken down the costs of Blur Studios making a feature length movie and it came down to around the same price as a modern blockbuster, I can't imagine Warcraft's animations cost more than Blur's to produce.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah! Why didn't it end like the ORIGINAL Warcraft and have both sides win depending on who I chose to play through the campaign as! UGH!
    mm most likley not speaking alot of blurrs stuff is live action with cgi put ontop of it... were wows stuff is PURE CGI meaning no cutting corners...

also really? if you think making a movie fully perfect CGI, costs the same as a real movie with actors and scenes... >_> man...
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Pay more? Ehh...if it was for IMAX yeah, I would. On a normal screen no.

Animated movies can take MANY years to finish, since this would be WORTH waiting for (and the franchise already has 10 + years of content in it's history) esp. to see in an IMAX format. The Wow timeline could march on ...and a movie could come every 2-3 years.

The "tv/serial" idea does not interest me, too man of my favorite stories/franchises have been ruined by being "made for tv or adapted for tv"

Yes, I would pay for that. Even twice the price of a regular movie ticket. Screw live action.

I would also pay for those animated shorts they release before expansions.

I don't know who does them but I absolutely adore this artstyle.

I'd love to see it but I don't think it'd be feasible for them to make a full length movie or tv show with this level of quality, these short trailers take a loooong time to make.

I don't know why they didn't to begin with to be honest. It looks infinitely better and far more suiting to the style.
    1) Load the amount of weight I would deadlift onto the bench
    2) Unrack
    3) Crank out 15 reps
    4) Be ashamed of constantly skipping leg day

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    no, i would prefer they make a tv series of it in this style, following the actual story of the series.
    I came. YES PLEASE
    Summon Apollo's fire, with hell and heaven's might. Then with great force attend, the falling of all men.
    Release this captured world, from point of no return. Destruction has no end, unless you ride again.

7+ Year Old Account
    Pay more? No, prices are already ridiculous.

Actually be EXCITED and see it more than once? Hell yea.