Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by runey View Post

Also, do new Artifact Research Levels apply to previously collected Artifact Power items?
    Nope. you need to get new items

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Given that crafted items can be upgraded all the way to the global cap before raids open, i seriously doubt that.
    5 weeks.. I am 848 with one crafted item.. and I only crafted that to test the Obliterum system.

WHen you see how little difference there is in Ilevels... pffft...

7+ Year Old Account
    here are the main things you will def want to do

Finish the class hall quest line
    Work on suramar
    World quest spam
    Dungeons
    and complete loremaster to get those chances at epix
    also reps^^^

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Maudib View Post
    5 weeks.. I am 848 with one crafted item.. and I only crafted that to test the Obliterum system.

i dont think the "up to 880" is added for crafting items yet, as it was something they mentioned but isnt in the beta right now, also yes its +5 every oblit >_>
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Did they even announce when the raids will open yet?

uhh you forgot PVP system, though I won't doing a lot of pvp for gears, but surely they are one of the way to obtain gears if you wanna quick boost

If you think there is so little difference, then why even care about getting to 850?

Deleted
    Great topic! Thanks for compiling all this info.

Created a similar topic a couple days ago but you put a looot more effort in it. Good job! <3

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    If you think there is so little difference, then why even care about getting to 850?
    The point is you can get 835-840 gear without even trying... and that doesn't include running Mythics which drop base 840 gear with a igher chance of getting that +5/+10 warforged (and perhaps even +15+ Titanforged).... You will have better gear by the time you actually get around to getting recipes decent enough to craft the gear.

But hey... if you think crafting is your path to preparing for raiding.. go for it.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'll be gearing through world quests and mythic dungeons. We've tested it out, and honestly you can probably complete a mythic dungeon at I lvl 815. They aren't tuned too hard, and chain running them daily will be nice. There's a lot of items to be gotten with this titanforge ability. I know there's a ring that increases melee auto attacks by 10%. Someone getting an 890 version won't replace that for quite a while

- - - Updated - - -

The point is you can get 835-840 gear without even trying... and that doesn't include running Mythics which drop base 840 gear with a igher chance of getting that +5/+10 warforged (and perhaps even +15+ Titanforged).... You will have better gear by the time you actually get around to getting recipes decent enough to craft the gear.

But hey... if you think crafting is your path to preparing for raiding.. go for it.
    You can hit 835 without trying in a week with a small bit of luck
    Sylvaeres-Azkial-Pailerth @Proudmoore

Quote Originally Posted by Shadesmar View Post
    Does anyone know how Mythic Dungeons reset will work? Will it still be a daily reset for each and every Mythic dungeon like in Live?

EDIT: my bad they are on a weekly lockout on live.. shows how much I had to do mythic dungeons as a raider..
    Even if you were a mythic raider the 725 gear was worth the time in there. Each spec has a few bis items that came out of dungeons once they added the chance for it to be 725 gear. Now sure fishing for that oh so rare chance at 725 isn't something everybody wants to do, but because of stat breakdowns there were still some great items to be had for all pve levels.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Deleted
    I am kind of scared to do Mythic dungeons so close after launch. With a weekly lockout, if you fail and disband in a PuG you are fucked the rest of the week.

Time to be social and find a guild I guess Man, I really wish we didn't have these arbitrary islands of realms anymore where there the selection of guilds that fit your playstyle is so small

Also: Is the class order hall set usable by all specs? Or similar to artifact weapon, locked to spec. Thinking of swapping between Resto and Enhancement on my shaman.

Quote Originally Posted by CmdrCool View Post
    I am kind of scared to do Mythic dungeons so close after launch. With a weekly lockout, if you fail and disband in a PuG you are fucked the rest of the week.

Time to be social and find a guild I guess Man, I really wish we didn't have these arbitrary islands of realms anymore where there the selection of guilds that fit your playstyle is so small

Also: Is the class order hall set usable by all specs? Or similar to artifact weapon, locked to spec. Thinking of swapping between Resto and Enhancement on my shaman.

Usable by all specs.. the set bonuses are generic boosts.

The problem for those of us without active guilds or friends playing is that ELITIST people require a GREATER ilvl for a Mythic group than the gear level that drops.

So why would I run a mythic if my gear was already higher? This has always been my issue with the random groups, people are unreasonable and don't take skill into account, only ilvl which is a terrible measure of performance.

Therefore, for those of us that can't get into Mythics immediately crafting will be a good route before LFR, then LFR gear will help.

People are so scared to wipe 5-6 times when learning things, I remember the Cata heroics and spending hours to try and clear one heroic, that was very rewarding

You're only locked out of receiving loot on a per boss basis. You can run the dungeons over with a different group and the players who haven't killed that boss that week can still get loot. If you only downed some bosses you can still get loot from he others in a separate run.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Supercool View Post
    You're only locked out of receiving loot on a per boss basis. You can run the dungeons over with a different group and the players who haven't killed that boss that week can still get loot. If you only downed some bosses you can still get loot from he others in a separate run.
    Oh right, that makes total sense. Thanks!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by middling View Post
    The problem for those of us without active guilds or friends playing is that ELITIST people require a GREATER ilvl for a Mythic group than the gear level that drops.

So why would I run a mythic if my gear was already higher? This has always been my issue with the random groups, people are unreasonable and don't take skill into account, only ilvl which is a terrible measure of performance.

Therefore, for those of us that can't get into Mythics immediately crafting will be a good route before LFR, then LFR gear will help.

People are so scared to wipe 5-6 times when learning things, I remember the Cata heroics and spending hours to try and clear one heroic, that was very rewarding
    If you keep your weapon and ilvl decent, it should be rather easy to stay relevant for mythic dungeons.

And yeah, I'll take 835+ ilvl LFR tier over any Mythic 5-man drop.

Mythic+ will be a different story altogether though.
    Tikki tikki tembo, Usagi no Yojimbo, chari bari ruchi pip peri pembo!

Quote Originally Posted by Turbotef View Post
    If you keep your weapon and ilvl decent, it should be rather easy to stay relevant for mythic dungeons.

And yeah, I'll take 835+ ilvl LFR tier over any Mythic 5-man drop.

Mythic+ will be a different story altogether though.
    also LFR has the built in "please stick around after wiping" 5% bonus. One of the best things Blizzard ever implemented. I love getting 5-6 stacks of that built up.

Deleted
    Do we have numbers yet on the 'critical rolling' or 'titanforged' loot?

Is it always +5 ilvl per iteration, or is it different in various situations (pvp loot, dungeon loot, raid loot)

What is the chance for an upgrade? Is it multiplicative? Is it the same for all subsequent upgrade chances?
    Lets say you always have 20% chance for a +5 upgrade, getting a +30 lvl upgrade you need 6x 20% rolls = 0.2^6 = 0.000064 = 0.0064% chance

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by middling View Post

This should hopefully be fixed with Mythic+, why would a higher geared player want to run Mythic when they should be running Mythic+2?

Deleted
    Do we have numbers yet on the 'critical rolling' or 'titanforged' loot?

Is it always +5 ilvl per iteration, or is it different in various situations (pvp loot, dungeon loot, raid loot)

What is the chance for an upgrade? Is it multiplicative? Is it the same for all subsequent upgrade chances?
    Lets say you always have 20% chance for a +5 upgrade, getting a +30 lvl upgrade you need 6x 20% rolls = 0.2^6 = 0.000064 = 0.0064% chance
    Nevermind, just found this video that explains it very clearly! Or at least, explains clearly which parts are (purposely) not revealed by Blizzard