Page 7 of 34 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheerbleeder View Post
    Welcome to 2016, where totalitarian societies are encouraged and freedom of speech is frowned upon! #policetheirkeyboard
    Freedom of speech does not mean you can shittalk to anyone without any consequences. And I know every banned/silenced player will tell us how their silence/ban was not deserved and how they did not do anything wrong.

Im very happy about this feature, maybe the WoW chat/community atleast ingame will be a bit better.

Quote Originally Posted by Mamut View Post
    Freedom of speech does not mean you can shittalk to anyone without any consequences. And I know every banned/silenced player will tell us how their silence/ban was not deserved and how they did not do anything wrong.

Im very happy about this feature, maybe the WoW chat/community atleast ingame will be a bit better.
    Community ain't ever recovering mate. Got more chance of England winning a major football tournament.

What a major douchebag one has to be to moan about "safe spaces" and shit when it's abundantly clear just how toxic some players are... If you're not busy being a douche spammer in-game, you're not in danger. Guessing many of those complaining the loudest are worried about this hitting them close to home. Which is a good thing, of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    What a major douchebag one has to be to moan about "safe spaces" and shit when it's abundantly clear just how toxic some players are... If you're not busy being a douche spammer in-game, you're not in danger. Guessing many of those complaining the loudest are worried about this hitting them close to home. Which is a good thing, of course.
    And like I said what if it is not policed properly and people just reporting for the fun of it end up getting the person who did nothing wrong silenced? Trolls exist believe it or not and not just as a playable race

Quote Originally Posted by Soulwind View Post
    Always negative. Yeah. Except for the millions of players who haven't had a problem with it, and the millions of spammers and goldsellers that have been removed from the game. Except for those, it's always negative.
    Don't play dumb to make yourself look smarter, you know I meant on the reported, not on the reportee. You know that.

I can almost guarantee this will effect people who have never been reported before either. We already had someone a page back saying he wanted to report people because they gave a wrong date in chat or incorrect information. That was here, in this thread, its proof this system will fail in at least one regard unless they vet all reports, which they won't. I still have my email from when I was suspended for buying CMs with golds, which is not against the TOS. I had to spend 2 hours talking with a GM to get it reversed. All because someone didn't like that I was paying money for Challenge Modes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Considering multiboxers reported people and got them banned for jack shit. The system can still be abused.
    Source? Yeah I think there are buzz notions that you make up just to support your flawed arguments sometime @Eleccybubb.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulwind View Post
    Always negative. Yeah. Except for the millions of players who haven't had a problem with it, and the millions of spammers and goldsellers that have been removed from the game. Except for those, it's always negative.

I've never met someone who was banned from a false report, and I've met enough people throughout the years to say that, if it happens, it's not the norm.

I do read a lot of forum threads about unfair bans. Most of them sketchy at best.
    Oh for sure some are sketchy but I remember a story about a multiboxer who mass reported with the right click thing and got someone suspended. Was a while back but goes to show how they half ass that.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    Source? Yeah I think there are buzz notions that you make up just to support your flawed arguments sometime @Eleccybubb.
    Oh shut up Jaylock. You know damn well a half assed policing system can easily be abused and at this point are just posting to shit stir.

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    The way I see it - Blizzard are being MORE lenient on players, where as before they would have banned your account for 24/48 hours - now they just silence you.
    Yeah, but I think the tricky thing about that is that banning people for being mean/rude is unfeasible long-term for Blizzard. They can't enforce long-term bans, and 24hr and 48hr bans are minor inconveniences at best. Long-term silences are a serious inconvenience that allow people to continue playing, and so Blizzard not only doesn't lose money and subscribers but can also enforce it for a wider range of people.

I don't think it's a perfect system, but no doubt it's a step in the right direction, at least in my eyes.

And like I said what if it is not policed properly and people just reporting for the fun of it end up getting the person who did nothing wrong silenced? Trolls exist believe it or not and not just as a playable race
    It's right there in the original post, there will be an INVESTIGATION before action is taken. Same as now, and you're not affected in a negative way if reported by trolls since those handling these things can SEE if the report was founded or not.

Besides, trolls abusing shit shouldn't dictate what's available. Applying that logic to real life, there couldn't be ANYTHING since everything's abused by someone somewhere... be it welfare, lawsuits, religion, charity...

Perhaps I won't have to run a separate addon just to filter out all the garbage and spam in chat anymore.

Deleted
    Last edited by mmoc66337a3447; 2016-11-05 at 10:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    It's right there in the original post, there will be an INVESTIGATION before action is taken. Same as now, and you're not affected in a negative way if reported by trolls since those handling these things can SEE if the report was founded or not.
    But again how do we know if they will half ass it or not? The right click system is half assed to hell. I'm not saying the system is bad but if not done properly it is open to abuse.

I didn't realize it was that hard to contain yourself from getting emotional and simply putting a person on ignore?

This actually scares me, Hitler also knew what was good for his community....

^ This is a good example people see Hitler and all kinds of things pop up in their minds, but all I'm doing is using that as a metaphor (although) an extreme one to compare what Blizzard wants the community to be like. I can see many people in game reporting me to be silenced for this very comment when it is actually a valid concern.
    Last edited by Romoreas; 2016-07-12 at 03:04 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh shut up Jaylock. You know damn well a half assed policing system can easily be abused and at this point are just posting to shit stir.
    Which is why they say they will ***GASP*** INVESTIGATE all reports to make sure the reports are ***GASP*** LEGITIMATE!

Who woulda thought!?

Quote Originally Posted by Romoreas View Post
    I didn't realize it was that hard to contain yourself from getting emotional and simply putting a person on ignore?

This actually scares me, Hitler also knew what was good for his community....
    Debatable. If handled properly it allows the players to police the community a tiny bit.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    Which is why they say they will ***GASP*** INVESTIGATE all reports to make sure the reports are ***GASP*** LEGITIMATE!

Who woulda thought!?
    And again we shall see when it goes live. My god you should apply to Blizzard. They would hire you in a heartbeat.

Quote Originally Posted by LazzySpazzy138 View Post
    They better make damn well sure it is investigated THOROUGHLY and that they speak to BOTH PARTIES so as to make sure they know CONTEXT of the situation as well. Someone could very well have incited inflammatory responses JUST to get fuel to report for this shit. Bad decision imo, it's gonna backlash on Blizz hard.
    Keep your mouth shut then.

Seriously tho, inciting inflammatory responses? Are people really unable to just not voice their equally worthless opinions, do you not understand ignoring these people will just cause them to find something else to do when they get bored of being ignored.

Quote Originally Posted by Paula Deen View Post
    Don't play dumb to make yourself look smarter, you know I meant on the reported, not on the reportee. You know that.

I can almost guarantee this will effect people who have never been reported before either. We already had someone a page back saying he wanted to report people because they gave a wrong date in chat or incorrect information. That was here, in this thread, its proof this system will fail in at least one regard unless they vet all reports, which they won't. I still have my email from when I was suspended for buying CMs with golds, which is not against the TOS. I had to spend 2 hours talking with a GM to get it reversed. All because someone didn't like that I was paying money for Challenge Modes.
    And I'm saying that doesn't happen often, because not even in these forums, filled with trolls and haters, it's a common topic. If there was a real, widespread issue with the report tool, there would be way, way more threads about it than there are about LFR, flying or legacy servers.

It won't happen more often than it does now. If anything, a softer punishment will discourage trolls from using the tool they were using to try to get players banned.

wtf is this league "toxic" autism doing in my wow

It's a shame the community has degraded to this point. This isn't how the community should be policed. One of the reasons Classic WoW and its community were so superior to now is that there were no Name Changes and so if you wanted to be a successful player in whichever avenue you chose, you had to act like a human being and build a player reputation for yourself amongst your community. That very community policed itself through black lists and social stigmas. If you were ousted as a troll, ninja, etc. , you had no hope of succeeding barring grouping up with others of that nature.

Conversely, this tool will just be a way for SJWs, Trolls, and Communists to silence whoever they target. As long as there is a legitimate investigation (which I HIGHLY doubt) than we've not much to worry about though.

But again how do we know if they will half ass it or not? The right click system is half assed to hell. I'm not saying the system is bad but if not done properly it is open to abuse.
    I've been reported, unfounded, many times by trolls and asshats. I asked a GM if it somehow affects my accounts, cause me to come into bad standing with them and such. The answer was no, since they INVESTIGATE if there's grounds for the reports.

Can they make mistakes? Sure, but then you can appeal which makes them take a second look and if they then see their error, you'll be cleared. In my 8 years of playing, I've never been wrongfully banned. Willing to bet that those claiming to be, did SOMETHING in most cases...
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2016-07-12 at 03:07 PM.