Page 9 of 34 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Following the Legion pre-expansion, any player who is reported multiple times under the Spam or Abusive Chat categories will, after investigation, receive an account-wide silence penalty. While this penalty is active, the silenced player will find that their ability to chat with others is greatly limited.
    Noooo that can't be abused at all. Lmao they'd better hire more gamemasters or what ever section deals with the 'investigations'.

Quote Originally Posted by Zephirdd View Post
    the same way you know they don't half-ass botting reports or other types of reports that already happen?

This is literally the same system implemented on Heroes of the Storm, Starcraft2 and Overwatch. After a high amount of reports(the threshold is probably higher for Wow due to the nature of the game), a GM will review the reports and judge wether or not the player deserves the silence. Then the player will feel like they don't deserve and hilarity ensues
    Oh there is someone on this site who does. I won't name because you know it's not on but always tries to sneak it in even in threads not related to being banned.

Deleted
    Last edited by mmoc66337a3447; 2016-11-05 at 10:05 AM.

Good starting step. Now can we get a 21+ only server so adults can do adult things and not have to worry about whiny children? Or adult children can go to kids servers?

Quote Originally Posted by De Lupe View Post
    Vile, angry players will be penalized and polite, cooperative players will be rewarded.

This pleases me! ^_^
    Indeed! Good change, and will hopefully make people think twice before they spew their bile.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulwind View Post
    It's the punishment that's getting changed, in favour of the punished, if anything.
    Which is why it will be worse.

The first offensive is only 24 Hours. 24 Hours and Under cannot realistically be appealed. This creates an environment where people cannot defend themselves from false accusations. Your personal experience with the system doesn't matter. People OTHER THAN ME have said in this thread they have been suspended for outlandish reasons. This system is going to put more strain on an already understaffed GM Department and we are going to see appeals taking upwards of 3 days to get a response and a lot more automated responses (read: the GM refuses to do his job because of how many tickets he has to get through) due to this.

Quote Originally Posted by ElDoorO View Post
    Good starting step. Now can we get a 21+ only server so adults can do adult things and not have to worry about whiny children? Or adult children can go to kids servers?
    No because then the game would have to be rated 18+. It is a game designed for teenagers get over it. Just because you implement a server that only adults can access does not mean the age rating of the game can be kept the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by celinamuna View Post
    Ofc a brony would post that.
    That would imply that I've had problems.

The ignore list has always been sufficient for me as I mentally ignore most of the annoying people while I rarely use the actual ignore feature.

But anything that encourages COOPERATION and not SEPARATION in an MMORPG is a good thing.

Have a nice day.
    US - Eitrigg - <Bank Space is Magic>
    Delupi, Amoora, Jisu, Beahru, Rusa, Yeun, Neralyis, Usii, Razzil, Zaramja, Oshaz, Shawnie, Iziss, Gearsi(A)

This is a very good change, especially for servers with lots of horrible people that spew nothing but racism and homophobia in chat channels.

You're delusional, if you think that adults can't be toxic/trolls

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lunazul The Druid View Post
    Noooo that can't be abused at all. Lmao they'd better hire more gamemasters or what ever section deals with the 'investigations'.
    It's a 24 hour chat ban, doubling every time.

If you are the one guy who improperly gets silenced, it's what? 24 hours of inconvenience? We're not talking about a permaban. We're not talking about capital punishment.

The system would have to be completely and utterly fucked for you to get banned enough times for it to cause a big issue for your account. And if it's THAT fucked, there will be a huge backlash. Unless you're the type of guy who gets hit by lightning 3 times then drops his lottery ticket down a sewer, you won't be falsely banned enough times for it to ever be a problem.

I think its good, but I think the only unrestricted bit they should have is access real id chat,

Also, I feel like I should ask, what exactly is the definition of abusive chat? No Support Article even mentions the word in that instance and the specific blog post about it today doesn't either.

What is abusive chat?

Is it me calling someone a racist name?
    Is it me telling someone they are playing there class wrong?
    Is it me making a joke in LFG?
    It it me making a joke in Trade?
    Is it all of the above?

What is Abusive Chat?

Considering "adults" are overrepresented, this would probably not make even a fraction of difference... Going by statistics, whenever you encounter a shithead in wow, chances are it's a male over the age of 21.

http://www.statista.com/statistics/3...w-players-age/

Quote Originally Posted by Paula Deen View Post
    Which is why it will be worse.

The first offensive is only 24 Hours. 24 Hours and Under cannot realistically be appealed. This creates an environment where people cannot defend themselves from false accusations. Your personal experience with the system doesn't matter. People OTHER THAN ME have said in this thread they have been suspended for outlandish reasons. This system is going to put more strain on an already understaffed GM Department and we are going to see appeals taking upwards of 3 days to get a response and a lot more automated responses (read: the GM refuses to do his job because of how many tickets he has to get through) due to this.
    You still haven't provided a reason as to why trolls would feel more powerful with this than they do with the current report tool, which isn't getting changed.

Currently, Right click -> Report for spam may get someone banned. I don't see why silencing them would be more appealing than that.

Quote Originally Posted by Paula Deen View Post
    Also, I feel like I should ask, what exactly is the definition of abusive chat? No Support Article even mentions the word in that instance and the specific blog post about it today doesn't either.

What is abusive chat?

Is it me calling someone a racist name?
    Is it me telling someone they are playing there class wrong?
    Is it me making a joke in LFG?
    It it me making a joke in Trade?
    Is it all of the above?

What is Abusive Chat?
    Probably saying something mean about the game and hurting all the fanboys feelings. Or valid criticism.

Scarab Lord Triggered Fridgekin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'd dare argue that many of the toxic players aren't limited to being teenagers. Anonymity can turn the average man regardless of age in to a real turd sandwich.
    A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon.

I love the conspiracy theories on how it will be abused before it even goes live.

If Blizzard has this moderated and actually keeps up with all the reports (With a full investigation) and to make sure the reports are legit (Before the person gets silenced) then it could possibly work.

Also, If I was Blizzard I would make a statement that by making false claims there could be possible repercussions. ( I would also require that the person who's making the report to tell why they're making the report and provide some detail. (It can't be something like, "I didn't like what X person had to say." )

Deleted
    This can backfire so badly. I can see troll groups forming just to silence some people over and over again and thus making them unable to play the game. I'm sure once the amount of "things to investigate" will grow to certain threshold blizzard will silence player in more liberal way letting this happen and people being silenced for years.

This is not a solution to abuse but opening doors for even more abuse.